Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman: The first superhero of DC's Heroic Age

According to the new DC timeline, Diana was the first hero of the first generation of DC's heroic age.
    Superman is the first hero of the second generation.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...timeline-nycc/

This kind of lines up with the DCEU and even Young Justice.

So does this mean the Rebirth origin isn't canon anymore?

Leaving me to wonder if DC is going to use the movie (First World War), De Liz's The Legend of Wonder Woman, or Marston (!) as the template of the new Wonder Woman canon.

Somehow, I think they will set it to some new writer. Though having one "present" and one "past" Wonder Woman writer strikes me as a good thing, and a much better idea than the current bi-weekly schedule.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Leaving me to wonder if DC is going to use the movie (First World War), De Liz's The Legend of Wonder Woman, or Marston (!) as the template of the new Wonder Woman canon.

Somehow, I think they will set it to some new writer. Though having one "present" and one "past" Wonder Woman writer strikes me as a good thing, and a much better idea than the current bi-weekly schedule.
    And her current origin is only a few years old. It's Birthright all over again .

Whaaaat? So what does it mean for Steve, Etta and Cheetah? A complete revamp again? Ffs, DC...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And her current origin is only a few years old. It's Birthright all over again .
    Yeah this is the part that annoys me. Plus this is going to break everything for Diana AGAIN. Watch them make Steve her WWI sweetheart and Etta her WWI friend again just like Post Crisis. So soon she’s not going to have any supporting cast.

Unless of course that WW mentioned is Hippolyta which would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Whaaaat? So what does it mean for Steve, Etta and Cheetah? A complete revamp again? Ffs, DC...
    Maybe Diana is drawn into WWII by Ares and retreats to Themyscira with the war's end and Ares's defeat. Then, decades later, Steve Trevor crashes on Themyscira, drawing her out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Maybe Diana is drawn into WWII by Ares and retreats to Themyscira with the war's end and Ares's defeat. Then, decades later, Steve Trevor crashes on Themyscira, drawing her out again.
    I feel like that kind of takes the poignancy and purpose of the Steve Trevor crash and meeting, but what can you do...

Hmmmm...

I like the sound of this, but I wonder how long it will last.

Is this the end result of Doomsday Clock? Perhaps the reason for the delay and for Steve Orlando coming on board with a new approach?

I'm fine with the general idea, I just have absolutely no confidence it will be executed properly. Hell just listening to Didio's interview you can tell its all being spitballed again on the fly. Its just hard to have trust when the people trying to fix the timeline are the same ones who have broken it many times over. They couldn't even streamline when they had no history to have to work in.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Still breaks Rucka canon that once you leave Themyscaria you can’t come back. So we’d have to get another origin, and frankly they’re not going to do better than Rucka’s Year One.

Oy vey.

This will be unworkable and riddled with continuity glitches in under five years. Why do they bother? (Although, if they can work the clay origin back into canon, all is forgiven. Heh)
    Last edited by Largo161; 10-04-2019 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Still breaks Rucka canon that once you leave Themyscaria you can’t come back. So we’d have to get another origin, and frankly they’re not going to do better than Rucka’s Year One.
    Eh, I was never impressed with Rucka's Year One. Legend of Wonder Woman and Earth One stand head and shoulders above it, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I was never impressed with Rucka's Year One. Legend of Wonder Woman and Earth One stand head and shoulders above it, imho.
    Fair enough but you really think that next Origin will do better? The last thing Diana needs right now is another retelling of how she came to Man’s World. All this obsession with messing with her past has really hurt her.

Year One worked well as a baseline for a modern origin and establishing all the basics for Diana moving forward. It wasn't set in WWI but it has that kind of "evergreen" feel that I think a good origin story should have.

Throwing that all out for yet another new origin just seems too much.