Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sounds to me as if they are saying everything literally happened. I cannot comprehend how stories would exist within this timeline. It honestly exceeds the Zelda timeline stuff in terms of craziness.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Sounds to me as if they are saying everything literally happened. I cannot comprehend how stories would exist within this timeline. It honestly exceeds the Zelda timeline stuff in terms of craziness.
    Perhaps each generation is its own little universe?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Perhaps each generation is its own little universe?
    I hope so, because that just means we can ignore the whole concept all together (like the Zelda timeline).
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

DC loves to change Diana's origin and the time of her debut huh...

I'm honestly closer to disliking this than anything, but even if I did like the idea, I wouldn't be trusting DC to not screw it up again, I'll be glad if I'm wrong and it ends up being interesting, but as other pointed out, doing it so soon after Year One is weird.

Is another Crisis gonna happen to justify this retcon or what? Lol

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Here's what I can make out from DC Wonder Woman blurry new timeline plus a few others to help to frame the events

Generation 1 Dawn of The Heroic Age 25-year time window
    Year 1 Wonder Woman debuts - Steve Trevor crashes on Themyscira
    Year 3 JSA - covered by spoiler box
    Year 5 Freedom Fighters and All-Star Squadron - JSA recruits Wonder Woman?
    Year 8 Wonder Woman retreats to Themyscira following something. Bleeding Cool said "attack", someone else said "atomic bomb drop", I say "Steve Trevor's death"
    Year 18 Senate banned superheroes

Generation 2 The Space Age 15-year time window
    Year 1 Batman and Superman debuts
    Year 2 Hal Jordan as GL, Barry as Flash, Aquaman debuts
    Year 3 Dick Robin, Wally Kid Flash debuts
    Year 4 Wonder Woman returned something
    Year 5 Donna Troy something
    Year 6 Teen Titans debut
    Year 14 Wonder Woman debuts as the new something
    Year 15 Crisis on Infinite Earths

Generation 3 The Age of Crisis 15-year time window
    Year 4 Death of Superman
    Year 5 Artemis Debuts
    Year 6 Zero Hour
    Year 11 Infinite Crisis - Wonder Woman? Kills? Max Lord? Pure guess here
    Year 12 Donna Troy returns (From where?)
    Year 14 Final Crisis
    Year 15 Blackest Night - Flashpoint

Generation 4 The Flashpoint Age 5-year time window - confirmed as Didio posted a clear one
    Year 1 Donna Troy takes over Wonder Woman mantle
    Year 2 Diana back as Wonder Woman - Wonder Woman becomes God of War
    Year 3 Rebirth - Wonder Woman relinquishes God of War mantle

That's it.
    Generation 3
    Year 9 Death of Donna Troy.

That's what she Returns from. Everyone who has "Returns" in their timeline has died at some point and I was looking for "Donna Troy Dies" because there's "Damian Dies" and "Hal Dies" but they change the phrasing so I couldn't find it at first.

So did Donna died before Infinite Crisis? because I remember seeing her alive there. I know there's a Death and Return of Donna Troy but I don't know when it happened.

It's possible I'm completely wrong too

Edit: There are some events where the chronology is turned around as The Killing Joke happened after Jason Todd's death or the big one like Wonder Woman debuts first, so it's not always the same chronology as before
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-05-2019 at 04:50 AM.

DC never learns.

Incredible Member

I can totally go with this new timeline. I like the idea of Diana as the first hero

And I’ll add that I have never really like either of Rucka’s runs on WW. I’ve found both to just be boring.

So we're getting another reboot with the end of Doomsday Clock? I have reboot exhaustion.
    I don't know that I care for Diana being a hundred years old or older.
    I wonder if they'd do an ongoing WW comic set in the forties? Probably not but it's an interesting thought. Maybe WW in the JSA set in the forties?
    I worry a bit for what they'll do with Steve.

I'm temporally forgetting the indecipherable continuity and how it effects Wonder Woman's supporting cast for a second.

You want to make her over 100 years old fine, okay. But what irks me about it is she doesn't act her age, not emotionally or in any other way. She's had more than 4 times as much experience as Batman yet she sits back and lets him solve all the Justice League's problems. She's learned no detective skills in all that time? If everything is intact, why in the latest issue for example would she need Veronica Cale to figure out how Luthor enhanced the God Killer sword? She's a scientist in her own right and inventor of the Purple Healing Ray, she doesn't have access to a lab somewhere?

All the naivete, mistakes and bad decisions you'd forgive in a 20 something year old suddenly flies out the window when you're dealing with an immortal that should know better. Where's the emotional maturity, where's the wisdom? We all know from old people in our real lives that they love to tell stories about when they were young and how things were then. Unlike the Lynda Carter version who would sometimes make references to her long history, with current Diana you get no anecdotes about past battles or glory, no evidence of the breadth of what she's heard and seen. Even elderly people with dementia give you that, does she have a 50 first dates disorder where every day is brand new? If practice makes perfect where's the perfection?

She should be so much more savvy and capable than she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I'm temporally forgetting the indecipherable continuity and how it effects Wonder Woman's supporting cast for a second.

You want to make her over 100 years old fine, okay. But what irks me about it is she doesn't act her age, not emotionally or in any other way. She's had more than 4 times as much experience as Batman yet she sits back and lets him solve all the Justice League's problems. She's learned no detective skills in all that time? If everything is intact, why in the latest issue for example would she need Veronica Cale to figure out how Luthor enhanced the God Killer sword? She's a scientist in her own right and inventor of the Purple Healing Ray, she doesn't have access to a lab somewhere?

All the naivete, mistakes and bad decisions you'd forgive in a 20 something year old suddenly flies out the window when you're dealing with an immortal that should know better. Where's the emotional maturity, where's the wisdom? We all know from old people in our real lives that they love to tell stories about when they were young and how things were then. Unlike the Lynda Carter version who would sometimes make references to her long history, with current Diana you get no anecdotes about past battles or glory, no evidence of the breadth of what she's heard and seen. Even elderly people with dementia give you that, does she have a 50 first dates disorder where every day is brand new? If practice makes perfect where's the perfection?

She should be so much more savvy and capable than she is.
    Yes, this is my thought. You don't get the feeling that Diana is very very old. She almost always feels like a young woman, competent but learning. A 100 year old WW should be very different from a 25 year old one.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Yes, this is my thought. You don't get the feeling that Diana is very very old. She almost always feels like a young woman, competent but learning. A 100 year old WW should be very different from a 25 year old one.

Doesn't time pass differently on Paradise Island? Perhaps, when Diana returns home, not so much time has passed as in Man's World so emotionally she's only 10 years older or something like that.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Doesn't time pass differently on Paradise Island? Perhaps, when Diana returns home, not so much time has passed as in Man's World so emotionally she's only 10 years older or something like that.
    That would be a good solution. I'm not sure if time passes different there, but it could, and would be a good way to include her in other time periods while not aging her too much.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Part of Rucka's Year One also revolved around Diana being basically 18 and coming into her own as a young woman as part of the story.

I guess that now happened in WWII...?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Good Idea! I could buy that, but they need to spell it out for us. If Themyscira's "tides of time" thing is still intact, the Amazons can make the island appear any place and anywhere in time. The Rebirth origin could still be active, she breaks up with Steve in the latest issue, goes home to Paradise to reflect and comes back in the 1940's to continue her mission where she won't see Steve. It could work. We could have our cake and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Good Idea! I could buy that, but they need to spell it out for us. If Themyscira's "tides of time" thing is still intact, the Amazons can make the island appear any place and anywhere in time. The Rebirth origin could still be active, she breaks up with Steve in the latest issue, goes home to Paradise to reflect and comes back in the 1940's to continue her mission where she won't see Steve. It could work. We could have our cake and eat it too.
    This is such a perfect solution, I just fear they won't do it.