Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Diana being the first hero? Fine. It *should* be Clark, and if there was any justice at DC it would be, but there isn't, and if anyone is going to be the first hero except Superman then Wonder Woman is the only correct answer.
    I really can't agree. I do want it to be Superman, but I'd rather it just be the JSA than Diana. I really disliked Post-COIE for making her the rookie while Superman and Batman had experience. This just reverses the situation (though it's all in the past, which is an improvement). It's better to me that they be peers in superheroing, all starting at similar times, but Superman first. Not a deal-breaker, but that's my preference.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unless they want to throw out Diana's current supporting cast, either Steve wasn't involved with WWII and brought Diana back to the modern Man's World or he got resurrected somehow.

Assuming they are throwing out Rucka's origin.
    I genuinely don't know what to think.

Maybe in generation 4 (modern) that's Rucka's origin. But that would mean that the JSA are going to be written while taking place in a timeline that's already been rebooted. That doesn't sound right because the idea is to reincorporate the JSA.

So Wonder Woman being the first hero and the JSA would need to be part of the main timeline after Flashpoint and Crisis. Then I guess, yeah, Steve showing her modern man's world would work, and the JSA returning brings back her memories of the WWII days?

Alright. Literally no point in speculating on blurry ass images. Gonna go back to just enjoying the books I'm enjoying.

When do solicits for this month come out?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-04-2019 at 01:53 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

Maybe in generation 4 (modern) that's Rucka's origin.
    But that would mean that the JSA are going to be written while taking place in a timeline that's already been rebooted. That doesn't sound right because the idea is to reincorporate the JSA.

So Wonder Woman being the first hero and the JSA would need to be part of the main timeline after Flashpoint and Crisis. Then I guess, yeah, Steve showing her modern man's world would work, and the JSA returning brings back her memories of the WWII days?

Alright. Literally no point in speculating on blurry ass images. Gonna go back to just enjoying the books I'm enjoying.

Well, it's not much of an origin if it takes place that much later .

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

Maybe in generation 4 (modern) that's Rucka's origin. But that would mean that the JSA are going to be written while taking place in a timeline that's already been rebooted. That doesn't sound right because the idea is to reincorporate the JSA.

Next week for DC I think.

I think being a veteran of both world wars is an awesome detail with a lot of potential for Wonder Woman’s character and world. And I don’t think being the literal “first” has ever added anything to Superman besides being meta. So I’m good with this.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I think being a veteran of both world wars is an awesome detail with a lot of potential for Wonder Woman’s character and world. And I don’t think being the literal “first” has ever added anything to Superman besides being meta. So I’m good with this.
    Doesn't work for me, because then Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman aren't the same place, hierarchically. Admittedly, that's something of thinking on fan response, since, unlike post-COIE, we aren't actually covering that era - if we were doing stories in that era, it would very much impact how they interact. Also, I think it's bad for Diana in terms of her continuity always being screwed with and in terms of her supporting cast - especially her relationship with Steve, but Etta, too. They can't be normal humans and be her first friends and be her friends now. Barring resurrection, being un-aging somewhere, etc. Which are certainly possibilities, especially since Steve seems to be listed first thing, too.

And is Diana a veteran of both world wars? Looks like she spent 8 years in man's world before retreating back to island, but I don't know when she came back.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 10-04-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Since I started this thread I suppose I should post my thoughts, which are pretty simple actually...

My take is, since Superman was the first, why can't it just be Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I think Superman being "the first" is great because he is supposed to change the world as we knew it. Reflecting the movies and real life. He should be a big deal.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I am now genuinely confused. It says "Newsboy Legion supports war effort from home" and that Steve dies leading to Wonder Woman going back home, so then.......how old is everyone!!??

Is this not WW2? Is this some relatively modern DC only war?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Since I started this thread I suppose I should post my thoughts, which are pretty simple actually...

My take is, since Superman was the first, why can't it just be Superman?
    Clark is pretty much immortal, I really don't see why (if they are doing this) he can't debut in 1938 like he is meant to. Do it like Alan Moore did with Supreme and just have his Smallville era cast plus George Taylor be is Golden Age cast. The Kents are often dead when he's an adult and nobody gives a **** about Pete Ross, would we miss anybody except maybe Lana in the modern day? I think not. Bring Lois, Jimmy, Perry and the rest in as the modern age cast.

Plus he and Diana can date and get it out of their system back in the 50s or whatever and we can move on to them being very good friends.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Readable version of the 4th gen. courtesy of DiDio IG account:

Thumbs up

WTH just WTH!?

While I'm a huge fan of both characters, IMO, this is synergy inspired revisionist based BS.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-04-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...everything happened, I guess ?
    Everything happened until it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I really can't agree. I do want it to be Superman, but I'd rather it just be the JSA than Diana....
    My thoughts exactly.

Clark is pretty much immortal, I really don't see why (if they are doing this) he can't debut in 1938 like he is meant to. Do it like Alan Moore did with Supreme and just have his Smallville era cast plus George Taylor be is Golden Age cast. The Kents are often dead when he's an adult and nobody gives a **** about Pete Ross, would we miss anybody except maybe Lana in the modern day? I think not. Bring Lois, Jimmy, Perry and the rest in as the modern age cast.
    I don't like immortal Superman (it's depressing for him to outlive everyone he loves over and over again), and I don't like Lois not being there from the start. It's just a completely different dynamic if she isn't. Plus, as I said, I like Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman being peers in the Superhero game, starting at basically the same time.