Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Click here and zoom in the SM timeline: https://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-cont...shot-172-1.jpg

Superboy seems to be mentioned in the column about the senate banning superheroes.
    I think it notes he “works in secret” as Superboy if I’m reading it right so it’s just the Secret Origin deal.
    Buh-bye

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I think it notes he “works in secret” as Superboy if I’m reading it right so it’s just the Secret Origin deal.
    Yeah, and, later, it also says he stopped being Superboy when the Senate banned superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    That’s what I’m seeing too. Too much to hope that maybe some of his adventures with “his” Legion are restored?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So like, when they say comprehensive timeline, they mean treat it all as one continued thing with the reboots and all, but simplified? As it stands Clark and Bruce seem to be alive in the 1930s there, but younger than Diana. Then later Flashpoint and Crisis happen.

Holy sh!t......

Bendis' second issue of Millennium with Booster Gold's museum.....

It's totally that! By the 25th century or whatever, all of the crazy time sh!t that happened to the world is historical fact. That's why you can see Flashpoint Wonder Woman and Aquaman there. Please, if there's any justice in the world, let "time archaeologist" be a legit occupation.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-04-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Superman not being first isn't a new concept, so I'm not bothered by it too much. In the New 52, Batman was clearly around before Superman showed up, even if you don't take into account the "expansion" of the initial 5 years.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Yeah Superman was the first “public hero” in the New 52. Didn’t really mean anything lol. Batman operated in the shadows for longer and being first didn’t do much for Supes storywise. Really being the first alien Earth makes contact with is more important I’d argue, assuming J’onn hasn’t been hanging around in secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So like, when they say comprehensive timeline, they mean treat it all as one continued thing with the reboots and all, but simplified? As it stands Clark and Bruce seem to be alive in the 1930s there, but younger than Diana. Then later Flashpoint and Crisis happen.

Holy sh!t......

Bendis' second issue of Millennium with Booster Gold's museum.....

It's totally that! By the 25th century or whatever, all of the crazy time sh!t that happened to the world is historical fact. Please, if there's any justice in the world, let "time archaeologist" be a legit occupation.
    I think this all lends credence to Lois' big secret being an in-universe disclosure of all the timeline shenanigans with the Metaverse, something only her and Luthor know about at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah Superman was the first “public hero” in the New 52. Didn’t really mean anything lol. Batman operated in the shadows for longer and being first didn’t do much for Supes storywise. Really being the first alien Earth makes contact with is more important I’d argue, assuming J’onn hasn’t been hanging around in secret.
    Actually, I've never considered this before but you are absolutely right. Superman being the first alien that people are aware of is absolutely a better angle than just first public hero. I like that a lot.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think this all lends credence to Lois' big secret being an in-universe disclosure of all the timeline shenanigans with the Metaverse, something only her and Luthor know about at the moment.
    Very true. It also brings us back to Leone's smashed up green Action Comics #1 car at her place. That would make it the legit Illuminati level "only the top 00000.1% know" conspiracy that Bendis talked about. Maybe Leone isn't even from this version of the DCU? Maybe she grew in the 1930s? Maybe she's seen every version of Superman to date, and that's why she came to the conclusion that you just can't beat him?

This would mean Lois is about to blow the biggest whistle ever.

Also this would free Bendis up to do a Superman story set in the 1950s because apparently that era will be explored.

Sh!t just got real, y'all.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

One cool thing I could think you could do with this, is if there's actually options/books with stories from actual different eras as opposed to just this current one. Standalone tales from different eras that can remain completely independent of one another and go their complete own course, using an explanation of Hypertime as an excuse for something to branch out as long as you want if so desired. I don't know how realistic that is, but its the one thing that could get me at least a little bit intrigued.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Gotta be honest, I'm not terribly excited here. How many times have we seen DC define its own history? It'll be out-dated, contradicted, ignored, and revamped ten times before the ink is dry and forgotten in six months by everyone but people like us. We've seen this far too often for me to give a sh*t. And while DC's troubles with continuity began long before Didio or Lee or anyone currently in charge showed up, these guys haven't made things any better (and very likely just made things worse) so I'm not thrilled that they're the ones trying to make the "ultimate timeline." Bro, if ya'll were capable of that kind of thing we wouldn't be in the position we're in now. Don't front. You don't got the juice to pull this off.

Diana being the first hero? Fine. It *should* be Clark, and if there was any justice at DC it would be, but there isn't, and if anyone is going to be the first hero except Superman then Wonder Woman is the only correct answer.

So I'll just keep reading the books I enjoy until I stop enjoying them, and wait for the next big Crisis to reset the timeline and make all this new stuff irrelevant.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So...everything happened, I guess ?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Gotta be honest, I'm not terribly excited here. How many times have we seen DC define its own history? It'll be out-dated, contradicted, ignored, and revamped ten times before the ink is dry and forgotten in six months by everyone but people like us. We've seen this far too often for me to give a sh*t. And while DC's troubles with continuity began long before Didio or Lee or anyone currently in charge showed up, these guys haven't made things any better (and very likely just made things worse) so I'm not thrilled that they're the ones trying to make the "ultimate timeline." Bro, if ya'll were capable of that kind of thing we wouldn't be in the position we're in now. Don't front. You don't got the juice to pull this off.

Diana being the first hero? Fine. It *should* be Clark, and if there was any justice at DC it would be, but there isn't, and if anyone is going to be the first hero except Superman then Wonder Woman is the only correct answer.

So I'll just keep reading the books I enjoy until I stop enjoying them, and wait for the next big Crisis to reset the timeline and make all this new stuff irrelevant.
    Yep, this is where I'm at. I'd prefer him debuting around the same time as her even with them in the Golden Age.
    But if he's already lost the position to the JSA, why not just put Diana there? Better her than (just) them.

It's also totally possible that the timeline as far as the dawn of heroes goes is only about as old as Clark himself, so that would mean it's a 30 to to 40 year time scale. Krypton blows up 30 to 40 years ago, Clark lands on Earth, and around the same time Wonder Woman makes it to America. So at least in that sense Clark's arrival still ushers in the age of heroes at least symbolically.

But then does that make Steve like 60 at the youngest? It says his name, right?

This would also make the JSA too old to actually function as the JSA in the present, but also not born in the period where their past adventures can be worth anything.

And it also still says that Crisis and Flashpoint are part of the timeline.

I dunno, it's looking like the crazy "the reboots count too" timeline is looking more likely right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It's also totally possible that the timeline as far as the dawn of heroes goes is only about as old as Clark himself, so that would mean it's a 30 to to 40 year time scale. Krypton blows up 30 to 40 years ago, Clark lands on Earth, and around the same time Wonder Woman makes it to America. So at least in that sense Clark's arrival still ushers in the age of heroes at least symbolically.

But then does that make Steve like 60 at the youngest? It says his name, right?

This would also make the JSA too old to actually function as the JSA in the present, but also not born in the period where their past adventures can be worth anything.

And it also still says that Crisis and Flashpoint are part of the timeline.

I dunno, it's looking like the crazy "the reboots count too" timeline is looking more likely right now.
    Unless they want to throw out Diana's current supporting cast, either Steve wasn't involved with WWII and brought Diana back to the modern Man's World or he got resurrected somehow.

Assuming they are throwing out Rucka's origin.