Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I read all the X Trilogy and Marvels. But I don't want a prequel especially Marvel now. I want it to remain unspoiled. I think I'll pass.

Also, those Ross covers were gorgeous.
    Same; I read this in High School and was blown away. I don't need it to be sullied by corporate half-assery

To be fair, I am only going to read the original trilogy soon because this corporate half-assery led to all those variant covers that I think look super interesting.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Same; I read this in High School and was blown away. I don't need it to be sullied by corporate half-assery
    I was 18 when I bought Marvels hot off the press and I was in my 20s for Earth X etc. Now I'm middle aged, time went by much too quickly. I don't wish to destroy those memories either.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    To be fair, I am only going to read the original trilogy soon because this corporate half-assery led to all those variant covers that I think look super interesting.
    I guess there's a silver lining to every dark cloud then.

"I've always had this prequel idea that we've sat on for 15 years or more -- a prequel to Earth X that ties into my other well known work Marvels."

Alex Ross

Marvel x 4 sketch alex ross

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/s...14591134355456

Scarlet witch 99997 mutant

Spectacular Member

Earth X is an incredibly important book for me. As a young kid it really was a gateway drug for me into the greater Marvel U and its' continuity. I don't think Universe and Paradise have held up as well over time, but Earth X remains a favorite. So I'll probably check this one out with some cautious optimism.

Earth X was very good, I'm halfway through Universe X. Despite some tedious elements and subplots, still pretty good.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

MARVELS X TPB

Written by ALEX ROSS & JIM KRUEGER
    Penciled by WELL-BEE
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    The amazing prequel to the legendary EARTH X trilogy! David has a problem. He’s the last normal human on Earth. He lives in a world of monsters that would love to devour him. And these monsters are his former neighbors — mutating, like the rest of the world, into something strange and frightening and new. David has one hope: to get to New York, where Captain America and the rest of the heroes are. But the big city doesn’t bring the safety he hoped it would. And the heroes don’t know how to cope with a world that’s changing all around them. No matter what Spider-Man or Daredevil or even Doctor Strange do to protect him, they can’t save David from what is hunting him! Collecting MARVELS X #1-6.
    152 PGS./Rated T+ …$17.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92151-4
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

Last edited by juan678; 10-06-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Boisterously Confused

I enjoyed Earth X, but honestly, I thought it was trying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    MARVELS X TPB

Written by ALEX ROSS & JIM KRUEGER
    Penciled by WELL-BEE
    Cover by ALEX ROSS
    The amazing prequel to the legendary EARTH X trilogy! David has a problem. He’s the last normal human on Earth. He lives in a world of monsters that would love to devour him. And these monsters are his former neighbors — mutating, like the rest of the world, into something strange and frightening and new. David has one hope: to get to Boston
    Get to Boston? Didn't see that coming, for a second I thought they were going to do the usual "get to New York" routine. Good for you Marvel!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest