Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Rich Johnston: How did you find out that this particular plot point would appear in Eternals? What did you think when you were invited to the premiere? And did you seek your credit, with Alex and John?

Jim Krueger: Well the funny thing is, I met Kevin Fiege years ago, after the first commercial paperback for Earth X came out. We sat down a few times and Kevin shared his love for Earth X. He also shared that it was at one point as many of Marvel's heroes, including X-Men, Spider-Man, and the Fantastic Four. At that point, Kevin told me how much he wanted to do Earth X. And I told him that he thought he could do it with the Eternals. Talk about the seeds that are being planted. He didn't take hundreds of thousands of years as a Celestial, but he took almost 25.

I was totally excited to hear that an Eternals movie was being made. I told Alex several times about this conversation, and we talked about the trailers as they came out and the possibility that it was the story of Celestial's birth. Alex believed it was the Earth X story before me. It was Marvel's invitation to the premiere that really made me suspect it was that story. I'm glad I didn't know though, because it was amazing to watch, hear the dialogue and mentions of mutations and heroes and start the story breaking (or breaking if spoken in egg terms) as I watched. .

And yes, I looked for a loan. Unlike other Marvel movies, perhaps only a dozen creators were mentioned. It was amazing to see Alex's name and Buscema's. And then having the King and creator of the Eternals, Jack Kirby himself, is an honor that has not yet been assimilated. But above all, seeing the name of John Paul Leon was especially gratifying.

Afterwards, a Multiverse of Logans bands together! He’s the best there is at what he does, in every universe he does it in... and this job is too big for just one of him. Wolverines from across the Multiverse converge to take on a foe even the Phoenix fears! But with friends like Old Man Logan, Age of Apocalypse Wolverine, Zombie Wolverine, Earth X Wolverine, and newcomer Jane Howlett of Earth-1281, who needs enemies?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...yildiray-cinar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Afterwards, a Multiverse of Logans bands together! He’s the best there is at what he does, in every universe he does it in... and this job is too big for just one of him. Wolverines from across the Multiverse converge to take on a foe even the Phoenix fears! But with friends like Old Man Logan, Age of Apocalypse Wolverine, Zombie Wolverine, Earth X Wolverine, and newcomer Jane Howlett of Earth-1281, who needs enemies?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...yildiray-cinar
    I remember an issue of Exiles where they explain than a team of Wolverines was the worst idea possible.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I remember an issue of Exiles where they explain than a team of Wolverines was the worst idea possible.
    It's ironic that as comics become more diverse in terms of ethnic diversity and sexual orientation, they are somehow becoming less diverse in terms of their cast.

Hell, remember when X-Force was 90% stabby, for some damn reason?

I don't think so. It is wonderful to forget sometimes.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I don't think so. It is wonderful to forget sometimes.
    Agreed, and how I envy you.

Last edited by juan678; 12-22-2023 at 03:25 AM.

Good to see Earth X wolverine stay in character.

I have a doubt however: that old Wolverine is Old Man Logan or DOFP Wolverine?

WEAPON X-MEN #2 (OF 4)
    CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • YILDIRAY CINAR (A) • Cover by DIKE RUAN
    VARIANT COVER BY JAN BAZALDUA
    VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    ONE HAPPY WOLVERINE!
    Across almost every universe in existence, Wolverine is driven by pain, by the sins of his past and his future. But ione world – the very one that Onslaught has targeted next for annihilation – has a Wolverine unlike any other. A Wolverine…who got what he wanted. And for the Logan from Earth-X? That news just might be the claw in the coffin. The Phoenix's handpicked Band of Logans go to war! 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

WEAPON X-MEN #2 (OF 4)
    CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • YILDIRAY CINAR (A) • Cover by DIKE RUAN
    VARIANT COVER BY JAN BAZALDUA
    VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    ONE HAPPY WOLVERINE!
    Across almost every universe in existence, Wolverine is driven by pain, by the sins of his past and his future. But ione world – the very one that Onslaught has targeted next for annihilation – has a Wolverine unlike any other. A Wolverine…who got what he wanted. And for the Logan from Earth-X? That news just might be the claw in the coffin. The Phoenix's handpicked Band of Logans go to war! 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I suppose thatn means Unuverse X Logan is going to die. Sad, I liked how he was different from the standard Wolverine.