Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, can I just say once again how goddamn fun this book is? This book is the fun. Finally a Croc that honors the potential of his first appearances; Harper proving herself a badarse and with an increasingly unique skill set; Batwoman having something cool to do outside her own book; Gordon mopping the floor with criminal scum and above all, Jason + BG. That was just...too cute. Who knew he could be such a sweetheart! Great scene and pumped to see Batman and Croc go beast mode together next issue.

Spectacular Member

This was amazing. Batwoman was a badass, as was Gordon, and what is up underneath Arkham Asylum

The Not Dick Grayson scene sent chills down my shivers

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Such a good issue! I love the dynamic between Babs and Jason. They feel like they are part of a family. Batwoman got to be a bad ass, which was really cool.

I really like this interpretation of Croc. It works so much better than Reptile-Bane.

Hush, Hush, Hush, Hush, Hush.

That is all.

Spectacular Member

every day jason looks more like dick. is neither good or bad is the truth

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalethas31 View Post
    Yes, there is very little separating their looks anymore. Bruce certainly has a type

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalethas31 View Post
    How do you distinguish between white males with black hair and blue eyes? Bruce, Dick, Jason, and Tim all look alike. There are no physical characteristics that set them apart from each other when out of costume, except for Bruce being taller and bulkier. Damian also looks really similar to all of them, which is weird, because isn't he mixed?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I wish Jason was still a red head, just to add variety with the Bat-Boys. Then he, Babs and Kate could officially become Team Ginger!

BANNED

I have really disliked the past few issues. The dialogue last week was atrocious. I'm not a fan of Batgirl, Red Hood or Batwoman, I don't like Harper, and the Arkham story isn't working for me either. I'm hanging in there for Steph and the Gordon story, but there has been too much focus on Eternal's weak spots lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    How do you distinguish between white males with black hair and blue eyes? Bruce, Dick, Jason, and Tim all look alike. There are no physical characteristics that set them apart from each other when out of costume, except for Bruce being taller and bulkier. Damian also looks really similar to all of them, which is weird, because isn't he mixed?
    Well they used to have physical traits that made them different. Jason had that white streak in his hair, or was a red head, and Dick tended to have longer/shaggier hair compared to Tim or Jason. Then of course Tim was always a lot smaller and leaner then Dick or Jason. Though given DC's willingness to change a character's race these days maybe they will change Jason's to being black or something. An inner city kid from a broken home and involved with gangs, it probably wouldn't be that difficult a change.

Via Gotham Spoilers

BATMAN ETERNAL #31

Good god.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cause he does (though i would have put it like that). He was quite good here because they're doing a real good job portraying him with an enjoyable *******-ish attitude, but id still be very happy to see Jason actually put that full clip into the bad guy at the end here. Character needs his bite back. He needs to be more then just a meaner Nightwing if they don't what him to get stale. Just look at RHatO. Its probably the stalest book in the Bat line right now. Though i guess it isn't edited out of the Bat office, so not sure if it even counts as part of the Bat line anymore.
    someones not reading rhato. even in that book, they have made him grow past the mess that was pre 52 jason by having him A. patch things up with bruce B. being less brutal for the sake of being brutal C using diplomacy

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Good god.
    Heh.

Awesome.

What DOESN'T happen in this series?
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    I have really disliked the past few issues. The dialogue last week was atrocious. I'm not a fan of Batgirl, Red Hood or Batwoman, I don't like Harper, and the Arkham story isn't working for me either. I'm hanging in there for Steph and the Gordon story, but there has been too much focus on Eternal's weak spots lately.
    So it wasn't just my imagination? The dialogue in the last two issues with the Batgirl/RedHood/Batwoman storyline was a hot mess. Not to mention the pimping of Batgirl reached nauseating new heights. Batgirl don't need any backup, yall! She's a one woman army! Move over Lex Luthor, she's got the brain of a librarian! . . .And unlike that heartless cold husk of a Batman, she really currrs. Bleh.

So far, only the stuff related to the police/gangwar story is really interesting. The rest of the storylines are moving at a snail's pace. Enough with Julia dumpin on Alfred for butlering for a billionaire playboy! Just show her the damn batcave already and shut that brat up! Enough with the same damn exchange between Tim and Harper "Look at how great at tech stuff I am!" "You're still in over your head!" "So train me!" "Don't wanna!" And enough with mad dog Batgirl being a douche while chasing her own tail. "Grrrrr, my father's in JAIL!!!!!" "Calm down Batgirl." *Punches Todd in face* "You are really out of control, but wow, you are what Wonder Woman aspires to be."

BANNED

batgirl is a one woman army when she's not drowned in angst ala simone.