Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

I don't want any magical villain, magic must disappear as a weakness, if it is not flash or green lantern weakness, because it has to be from superman. If you want a super fast villain, a new character using the speed force is perfect, after all superman and flash racing are an icon of the comics, the time has come to take them back, and leave the flash behind a million times faster than superman, also the first fastest man in the world was superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    He'd still know the direction the arrows came from, so could see where the archer is with supervision and get him before he can fire again. If anyone needs teleportation, it'd be arrow boy.

Although that could make for a great team of villains for Superman to face. A magic archer with elemental arrows teleporting place to place providing cover while the magic speedster dodges Superman and either comes in close for quick hand to hand with Supes or runs off with their stolen gains. How often do teleporters and speedsters work together? Rarely ever.
    I like it! Maybe throw in a traditional wizard and a paladin-type for extra fun?

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I don't want any magical villain, magic must disappear as a weakness, if it is not flash or green lantern weakness, because it has to be from superman. If you want a super fast villain, a new character using the speed force is perfect, after all superman and flash racing are an icon of the comics, the time has come to take them back, and leave the flash behind a million times faster than superman, also the first fastest man in the world was superman.
    I get you hate magic as a weakness magic for a Superman foe etc. Doesn't mean that it can't be done well.
    Also I don't want another (new) speedster to ever have access to the Speed Force ever again. There's far too many speedsters using it as is and Speed Force automatically makes a speedster tied to the Flash property meaning you can never have a Superman villain using it for anything but a temporary one off, because they'll migrate over to the Flash title.
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I like it! Maybe throw in a traditional wizard and a paladin-type for extra fun?
    Eh, I'd try and avoid making it too D&D party.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 08-10-2020 at 06:27 AM.

BANNED

I get you hate magic as a weakness magic for a Superman foe etc. Doesn't mean that it can't be done well.
    Also I don't want another (new) speedster to ever have access to the Speed Force ever again. There's far too many speedsters using it as is and Speed Force automatically makes a speedster tied to the Flash property meaning you can never have a Superman villain using it for anything but a temporary one off, because they'll migrate over to the Flash title.

Mongul, cyborg superman, superman enemies who have more stories with green lantern than with superman. breiniac historical enemy of superman, now he is enemy of the league, even lex has more stories with the league than with superman, dc has stolen enemies of superman to give to other heroes for 30 years, the time has come for it to be superman who steal from other heroes. but if you don't like the idea of ​​robbing flash, krypton is 80 years old, dc should tell his story including gods and demons, who for obvious reasons are superior to kryptonians in everything, including speed

Why not? It'd be fun. Besides, he's fought plenty of wizards already.

Superman have an old villain, who is a kryptonian wizard, right? I never read any story with him, but really like the concept.

Maybe they should update this charcters, he would have all of Superman powers, so he would be superfast, and also have magic. Kryptonian magic that Earth magical characters wouldn't know about and because of this not capable of helping Superman in any big way. Superman would have to solve things by himlself.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Mongul, cyborg superman, superman enemies who have more stories with green lantern than with superman. breiniac historical enemy of superman, now he is enemy of the league, even lex has more stories with the league than with superman, dc has stolen enemies of superman to give to other heroes for 30 years, the time has come for it to be superman who steal from other heroes. but if you don't like the idea of ​​robbing flash, krypton is 80 years old, dc should tell his story including gods and demons, who for obvious reasons are superior to kryptonians in everything, including speed
    Isn't Kryptonian gods and demons still magic?
    And I said nothing about Superman stealing from Flash's rogue gallery, but trying to make a Superman villain using the Speed Force is more likely to have Flash steal that villain. There's already enough danger of that just by making a speedster villain, as if only a speedster can fight a speedster.
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Why not? It'd be fun. Besides, he's fought plenty of wizards already.
    Just because it's a bit too gimmicky for my tastes. And the speedster would probably have to change to blend in with the group. Relegates magic usage into the fantasy idea more. Just my preference is to make it feel like modern guys and gals who have magic to commit crimes with.

Incredible Member

No for me. There is already too much writer inconsistency with magic vs Superman. It's become another default to take Superman out of the fight easily and so many characters keep saying "Superman is weak against magic". From my point of view, Superman can be vulnerable to powerful magic but its mere presence should not be a major issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Superman have an old villain, who is a kryptonian wizard, right? I never read any story with him, but really like the concept.

Maybe they should update this charcters, he would have all of Superman powers, so he would be superfast, and also have magic. Kryptonian magic that Earth magical characters wouldn't know about and because of this not capable of helping Superman in any big way. Superman would have to solve things by himlself.
    Oh yeah, some of the old stories had it that Kryptonians had their own magic cabal and the head wizard managed to use his cabal's power to survive the destruction of Krypton.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    No for me. There is already too much writer inconsistency with magic vs Superman. It's become another default to take Superman out of the fight easily and so many characters keep saying "Superman is weak against magic". From my point of view, Superman can be vulnerable to powerful magic but its mere presence should not be a major issue.
    I do agree there. If a magic-based villain (or villains) could be used to finally set some magic ground rules when it comes to Superman, that's when I'd welcome it. Because they need to get that straight and not make him a magic punching bag.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

An archer with magic arrows could be unique still though, but I'd still want something there in place so the writers won't be tempted to conveniently forget Superman can move faster than the archer can think, nevermind draw an arrow.
    Actually, he doesn't need to. Arrow are astral in nature and as said, magic talismans are used for sheild him. Blunt force directly wouldn't work.Moreover,"the archer" is a goldenage villain superman used "fight". He used to be a jackass version of robin hood and green arrow. He is rich guy who got disowned by his father, started using his abilities to extorting money from the rich and even started taking them out willy nilly . He was basically one of the first superman villains ever. I just thought to reinvigorate the character with some changes and call him "the astonishing astral archer" .

There is also another one of superman's old villains i wanted to reinvigorate is funny face. He is comics creator who had ray gun created by dimensional experiment. Which enables him to bring to life comics characters. Lois and Superman basically use the guy bring comics good guys to fight evil dudes. It was pretty darn cool.This guy isn't really magic but more of reality warping kind of deal. He might be a precursor to mxy.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-12-2020 at 10:19 AM.