Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Non-romantic, and from a British perspective.

Albert and Harold Steptoe...

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Even though Ross and Rachel were the more central couple to the narrative of Friends, I was always a big Chandler/Monica fan. That couple IMO carried the later half of the shows run, and was probably the most entertaining couple for me.
    Agreed, as far as the Friends cast goes. In fact, I cannot stand both Ross and Rachel, separate or together. They are both such selfish brats it infuriates me. And Chandler might be my favourite sitcom character.

But my favourite couple is Eric & Donna of That 70s Show. I do think they got back together at the end, and in my mental fanfic are still together in 2019.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Incredible Member

Martin and Gina

Retired

It always bugged me as a kid if couples fought. A little friendly banter was okay, but I didn't like couples getting into big fights like with Lucy and Ricky, Fred and Wilma, Ralph and Alice, Darren and Samantha, or Anne Marie and Don.

I liked couples that loved each other and showed real affection for one another. Gomez and Morticia were the top. The way that they doted on each other did my heart good.

So I've carried that bias with me. I didn't like Sam and Dianne always fighting. Ross and Rachel were always a dysfunctional couple that didn't belong together. I don't like that Jim and Pam got into terrible fights, especially in the later seasons when they were married. And Ted should have never ended up with Robin.

Penny and Leonard Hofstadter.

Instead of getting bland, it got way more funny as time went on, especially with Penny's transformation into a momma bear to Sheldon who always took his side of his spats with her husband.

Likewise, Penny and Sheldon is my favorite non-romantic dynamic.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Statler and waldorf.jpgarchie and edith.jpg

I know the Muppets is a variety show and not a sitcom, but I couldn't resist
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Lilly and Marshall from "How I Met Your Mother" were a great couple. Andy and April from "Parks & Rec" are second place for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Here's my favorite sitcom couple:

This!

Also...

Archie and Edith Bunker as well as Mike and Gloria from All In The Family. Didn't like that Edith died and Mike & Gloria divorced.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

This was my first:

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It always bugged me as a kid if couples fought. A little friendly banter was okay, but I didn't like couples getting into big fights like with Lucy and Ricky, Fred and Wilma, Ralph and Alice, Darren and Samantha, or Anne Marie and Don.

I liked couples that loved each other and showed real affection for one another. Gomez and Morticia were the top. The way that they doted on each other did my heart good.

So I've carried that bias with me. I didn't like Sam and Dianne always fighting. Ross and Rachel were always a dysfunctional couple that didn't belong together. I don't like that Jim and Pam got into terrible fights, especially in the later seasons when they were married. And Ted should have never ended up with Robin.
    I'm a big fan of Bewitched but one thing that always bugs me when I watch a rerun is when Samantha will swear she didn't do something (usually swearing she didn't use magic) and Darrin will say something like, "Yeah, right." I always thought, "Wow, that's really smart considering she could turn you into a toad, that she is giving up a carefree life for a life of hard work to stay with you and, above all else, you are calling her a liar." When Dick Sargent took over as Darrin, I felt the3y softened it a little or maybe he was just saying the words that were in the script but he wasn't saying them like Darrin really believed she was lying. Maybe it was because Montgomery and Sargent had a real friendship and chemistry though not a romantic chemistry in real life.

Ralph and Alice were completely built around arguing more than any of the others were though I must admit that I'm not placing Anne Marie and Don. Good point though that Gomez and Morticia never argued. They always acted like they just got married that day.
    Power with Girl is better.

Retired

Anne Marie is from THAT GIRL, her boyfriend was Donald Hollinger. I liked them as a couple some of the time, but Donald could be a real drag and they didn't always seem to be on the same page about a lot of things.

I know it was for only one episode, but this is my all-time favorite:

Ted and Tracy, darn it! Given how little screentime she had over the series, they still managed to make us care about her a lot, especially through the things Ted would narrate.

Also Leslie and Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Oh, also Niles and CC! They were hilarious. They pretended to hate each other but deep down were slowly falling in love.
    Niles and CC taught me what belligerent sexual tension was.

I liked couples that loved each other and showed real affection for one another. Gomez and Morticia were the top. The way that they doted on each other did my heart good..
    Plus they really knew how to spice things up.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Anne Marie is from THAT GIRL, her boyfriend was Donald Hollinger. I liked them as a couple some of the time, but Donald could be a real drag and they didn't always seem to be on the same page about a lot of things.
    Oh, Donald!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I thought of one.

Moira and Johnny Rose.

Still devoted to each other and their passions after 30+ years.