Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default My Dream is to Open a Business.....

I was partly inspired by a South Park episode where Cartman inherits $1 million dollars from his grandmother after she passed. In it Cartman decides to buy a theme park . Not because its a sound business decision. No , **** that noise. He just wants it so he can ride all the rides himself and no waiting in lines. He hates lines...

So I was thinking about years back , me and a buddy walked into a small book store. One that didn't sell comics ; just a simple paperback book shop. Inside that day this middle age man was sitting there. On his shop hours he had opened an hour earlier and was due to be open another 4 or 5 hours. We had just started looking around when suddenly the guy asks us if we could hurry up because he planned to close up when he wanted.

I mean we didn't even get 5-10 minutes and bam this dude wants to close for the day. Like the ole sayin ...SORRY BOUT YOUR DAMN LUCK !

So I was amazed , a business that doesn't care. I mean I'd love to own a business that doesn't give a ****. Like one of my personal heroes ...Al Bundy.

I could imagine people coming into my store or shop , wanting to look around as i check my watch. Well **** work today , time to show these folks out. Like Cartman I may even run my business like he did. Only I can be allowed in. Maybe you one day can be allowed entrance if it suits me. But for now ..kiss the cheeks of my ass on this.

I shall rule over my place and business. Only those who kiss my ring can be allowed entrance. Yes in the land of business there is but one KING...and it IS ...I.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

If only it was that simple. It never is, but lots of people manage to start their own business and do well enough to earn a living.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Not to make you feel like ****. But what if that guy had a sick wife or child in the hospital he had to get to. Or had to go to the bank for a loan to save his business. Maybe he did give a ****.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I've seen many small business open and close in under a year, though usually not for being rude to customers. Those that drive customers away, tend to close up shop, go out of business, a whole lot faster.

Service orientated businesses sometimes forget that it's the customers that bring in the profit. Without a profit, they can't pay rent, or taxes, or utilities, or the cost of inventory, or salaries for employees, or cost of hiring people like lawyers, accountants, and so on. Even a small business has costs, unless the owner is already wealthy and is running the business out of their home and doesn't care about profit.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A perfect business for Supe would be an indy wrestling promotion with Guns 'n Roses as the house band, playing all the intro music live.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    A perfect business for Supe would be an indy wrestling promotion with Guns 'n Roses as the house band, playing all the intro music live.
    And just me in attendance. I don't any distractions to screw up the experience of seeing Guns N Roses.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It reminds me the story of man who gave up his life as an employee during the Greek crisis and became sherperd.

He said he thought it would be a cool life… He added that, before he had had a boss and now he had a dozen…

Maybe you should find a way to give a try before deciding this life is for you… or interviewe this guy about his life.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I know a few people who have their own businesses without any employees. They routinely turn away work just because they don't feel like doing it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I know a few people who have their own businesses without any employees. They routinely turn away work just because they don't feel like doing it.
    If that doesn't scream MONEY LAUNDERING then I don't know what does.
    links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Attila Kiss View Post
    If that doesn't scream MONEY LAUNDERING then I don't know what does.
    No, they're just getting older and don't feel like they need to work as hard as they used to. When you own the business and don't have employees to pay it's easier to pick and choose what jobs you want to take on. They're auto mechanics, carpenters, and upholsterers.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Boisterously Confused

No, they're just getting older and don't feel like they need to work as hard as they used to. When you own the business and don't have employees to pay it's easier to pick and choose what jobs you want to take on. They're auto mechanics, carpenters, and upholsterers.
    Bunches of side-hustle consultants work that way too.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricialob View Post
    Several types of loans are suitable for the development of entrepreneurship from scratch.
    Square actually has started offering small loans to their customers that they can see have reliable revenue and who might be able to benefit from some extra capital.

Now that is living the dream! The ability to turn away $$$ because you'd rather go rollerskating on a Wednesday at 2PM because it's too nice to be at work. That is power!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Now that is living the dream! The ability to turn away $$$ because you'd rather go rollerskating on a Wednesday at 2PM because it's too nice to be at work. That is power!
    Ah well then, it's very simply; all you have to do is be very rich. Then, with money as no object, you can go rollerskating on a Wednesday whenever you want and not worry about turning away work. In short, be so wealthy you don't have to work. That's all it takes; it's very easy!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Ah well then, it's very simply; all you have to do is be very rich. Then, with money as no object, you can go rollerskating on a Wednesday whenever you want and not worry about turning away work. In short, be so wealthy you don't have to work. That's all it takes; it's very easy!
    No, it depends on what you consider minimal acceptable. That's no slam on either those who set the number high or low.

Businesses can be run for the convenience of the proprietor, and it doesn't take a vast revenue stream. However, it can't rely on steady, repeat customers with stout convenience needs, and it can't expect enormous profits.

Fun thread, I def. lol’d a few times!

I don’t have my own business but, I think I have the next best thing.
    I’m retired.

I made a few wise investments over the course of my 20+ years in the Army, and now I basically just do what I want.
    House and vehicles are paid for, two of my three kids are grown, the spouse makes good money of her own. I’ve made a lot of new friends since 2014 (at the gym, gun range, a few different comic shops, bars, etc.), and a lot of them compare me to Seinfeld’s Kramer as I come and go as I please and am always free to join in on whatever they have going on.