Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Welp, I was skimming for time.

Either way, that's hardly indicative of anything significant. Gashes like that are cheap in Baki terms.
    Sure, it's not particularly damaging. But at least it shows he CAN damage. I figure if Yujiro gets into a tangle with the absurdly durable/strong Pickle, despite outclassing that guy, it will provide Musashi with opportunities to whittle the guy down.

I'm not saying I'm confident they WIN, just that Yujiro is probably gonna have to take it VERY seriously.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Being Musashi, he probably tries to kill both Pickle and Yujiro.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Sure, it's not particularly damaging. But at least it shows he CAN damage. I figure if Yujiro gets into a tangle with the absurdly durable/strong Pickle, despite outclassing that guy, it will provide Musashi with opportunities to whittle the guy down.

I'm not saying I'm confident they WIN, just that Yujiro is probably gonna have to take it VERY seriously.
    I don't know about VERY seriously.

To date, that I know of, no one has actually made him really get serious. Even his final fight with Baki was him messing around a lot and he only "lost" because Baki made him believe in make believe food.

He'll need to be serious but, without a blade, Musashi just isn't threatening enough for my money. Pickle lacks the technique and skill to really hang with someone who is definitively his physical equal, especially a monster like Yujiro, and Musashi is missing his main form of offence. Plus, if Hanayama and Pickle are both physically resilient enough to straight up stop Musashi from cutting them to pieces on raw durability, then Yujiro is also likely able to do the same.

Give Musashi a blade or two and then I think we have a much more interesting match that Yujiro does need to be very serious about.

Without the blade, eh, the feats just aren't there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't know about VERY seriously.

To date, that I know of, no one has actually made him really get serious. Even his final fight with Baki was him messing around a lot and he only "lost" because Baki made him believe in make believe food.

He'll need to be serious but, without a blade, Musashi just isn't threatening enough for my money. Pickle lacks the technique and skill to really hang with someone who is definitively his physical equal, especially a monster like Yujiro, and Musashi is missing his main form of offence. Plus, if Hanayama and Pickle are both physically resilient enough to straight up stop Musashi from cutting them to pieces on raw durability, then Yujiro is also likely able to do the same.

Give Musashi a blade or two and then I think we have a much more interesting match that Yujiro does need to be very serious about.

Without the blade, eh, the feats just aren't there for me.
    I suppose I can get behind this line of thinking.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Being Musashi, he probably tries to kill both Pickle and Yujiro.
    They had some odd choices when it came to Musashi's personality.

At one point they tried suggesting that his sociopathic tendencies could/should be blamed on his intense and pervasive loneliness. Like his culture shock and confusion ran so deep (despite not being super obvious) that his go to reaction as a form of self preservation was to dive head first into the one thing he was good at: killing. It was sort of a self induced medicine to help cope.

Buuut that explanation was too little too late as it had already shown flashbacks were he killed loyal servants for NO reason and later had him declaring things like "I love cutting people! I'm addicted!". I mean... yikes.

But hey they... tried? Sorta?

Is it obvious yet that Pickle and Musashi are literally my only areas of expertise when it comes to Baki stuff? :P
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

At one point they tried suggesting that his sociopathic tendencies could/should be blamed on his intense and pervasive loneliness. Like his culture shock and confusion ran so deep (despite not being super obvious) that his go to reaction as a form of self preservation was to dive head first into the one thing he was good at: killing. It was sort of a self induced medicine to help cope.

Buuut that explanation was too little too late as it had already shown flashbacks were he killed loyal servants for NO reason and later had him declaring things like "I love cutting people! I'm addicted!". I mean... yikes.
    Any attempt by the writer to rationalize how the characters in Baki act is doomed to fail.

Is it obvious yet that Pickle and Musashi are literally my only areas of expertise when it comes to Baki stuff? :P
    No worries, man. I'm not exactly a good spokesman for the series.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

But hey they... tried? Sorta?

Saw one point on YouTube a history thing where Samurai/Japanese Warriors would literally start fights and kill people and well get away with it due to status. Sure no prosperity, but have a bonafide license to kill.

As long it was defense of self/honor/bullshit because dead cannot make claims.