Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

The Flash: My Name is Wally West

Featuring a version of Wally West loosely based on the DCAU version. Wally gets his powers while he's an intern at the CCPD crime lab. He becomes the Flash all on his own, since there's no Barry Allen in this version (or rather, Barry is just a forensics scientist and his Aunt Iris' husband) or pre-existing Flash legacy. This is basically the story of a young, brash Wally's early days as the Flash, how he has to deal with his celebrity status and being a superhero after years of simply fanboying over them in the media. Some of the Central City Rogues will show up, and we'll also get to see the first meetings between Wally and older more veteran heroes like Batman, Superman and best of all, Green Lantern John Stewart!

Power Girl: The Golden Age

This is basically a reality where Kara Zor-L landed on earth in 1938 and very quickly made her presence known as Power Girl. We see her inspire the Golden Age of superheroes and become a major player in the JSA, as well as play an active role in ending WW2. We then follow her through the alternate history of the next few decades, as Power Girl's actions continue to have ramifications politically, culturally and socially (especially in terms of women's empowerment). The last page might be Kal-L's rocket finally landing on earth, with the implication that Superman will now grow up in a radically different world already transformed by his cousin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Tigress and the Cheshire Cat by Marjorie Liu

A six issue miniseries following Artemis Crock, an agent of Checkmate as she pursues the mysterious assassin Cheshire who is actually her long lost sister Jade. Discusses racism and human trafficking in some parts.

Arsenal by Jim Keith

Follows a Navajo-born Roy Harper who works as a freelance agent alongside his cousin Brooke. Roy ultimately crosses paths with General Slade Wilson, a war hero with some ugly secrets he'd like to keep.

Wonder Woman: Olympus War

The Amazons and humanity go to war with the Olympian gods after having been pushed around one too many times.

My Name Is Terra

Explores the life of Tara Markov and the trials and tribulations she has suffered.
    I like these, especially the last one.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    WWII adventures of the JSA would be cool.
    Suicide Squad would be perfect for this line, but they'd make it a Harley book LOL.
    New Gotham central.
    The Question.

But what I want the most:
    Morrison's Pax Americana.
    So... those are all pretty killer ideas!

My main problem is, seriously, what the hell is Black Label? Nu-Vertigo? Prestige, "evergreen" stories? Ädult comics with censored swearing and nudity? Actual adult comics? Comics for different age groups but never much more than PG13 in terms of anything but violence? Minis only? A mix of minis and ongoings?

All that said, I would love a mature-readers, character-driven, old-school Vertigo take on Zatanna.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member

Riddler: part of a whole.

Poor Eddie nygma. When his father, renowned polymath, Ted nygma was forced to leave the university in disgrace. Ed became his progeny. Forced to spend his childhood, filling his head with trivia.

Turning his back on his dad to become a code breaker for Wayne tech, his life changed when batman spurned his advice during a brake in.

Now, can the riddler solve the greatest puzzle of all... batmans identity... and what will it cost him?

You know, I'm not going to have a better idea for this than I did for the Pitch an Elseworlds thread, so I'm just going to repost that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I kinda want to see a Jewish Batman set during Nazi era Germany, where he hides his Jewish identity during the day and fights the rising tide of antisemitism and Nazism at night, protecting and helping the German Jews flee the country pre-WW2 and sabotaging and attacking concentration camps during the war. He would have a slightly more soldier-y/militarized costume during the war half of the story versus a slightly more pulpy one during the pre-war portion, but both costumes would include the Star of David with the Bat-symbol somehow (either in the Bat or around the Bat).

I'd also want to include a very powered down, Captain America-esque Jewish Superman as part of the American and Allied forces during the second half. Still a little iffy on plot points though. Robin/Dick would be a concentration camp survivor Batman helped free, maybe even include a version of Jason and Tim somehow too. Actually make Dick a gypsy (they also were prosecuted under the Nazis) who Batman takes in during the pre-war period, and then introduce Jason and Tim during the war half.

Not sure if or how I would include other Bat characters in this though. Trying to fit in a Nazi Joker would probably be a bit too much (then again, having some poor sap turn white and crazy in a failed supersoldier experiment might work). But Gordon as a GI or something would be cool. Maybe make Catwoman an Allied spy (maybe Russian/Soviet) possibly. Alfred has to be in it somehow, and still British.

Anyways, something like that.
    That's definitely a good take on Two-Face. I'd want to include as many of the classic villains with WW2/Nazi/Axis twists as logically makes sense and feels natural to the story, alongside plenty of battles against real historic figures without making light of the horror of that era. But not a lot of the classic villains fit (Penguin, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, etc.). I suppose you could have Freeze as a ghoulish concentration camp executioner or something, deep freezing prisoners instead of gassing them (definitely horrific, but the real holocaust was horrific). Maybe Dr. Pyg as a Mengele figure. People you'd definitely want to see a Jewish Batman punch out. Some of the villains would take up some good page time, and others might only get a panel or two showing a montage of Batman's activities during the war years in between important story beats. But Two-Face would definitely be one of the more prominent supporting characters/antagonists of the story.

Something I just typed out in another thread in the Batman forum: Expanding on it some more, I'd have Alfred as a senior military guy (not a general, but a veteran who's higher up than a soldier) in the British army who also happens to have had a friendship with Bruce's (or a good German name equivalent of "Bruce Wayne" really, but I don't know any good German names) parents back in the day (Bruce's father was a famous surgeon who often traveled outside of Germany for special cases and Alfred met him then). Batman saves his life during a Nazi ambush or something, and when the war is over becomes Bruce's butler after the war.

I'd end the story not with Batman hanging up the cape and cowl after the war is over, but getting ready to travel abroad with the implication being that he's going after escaped nazi war criminals. Alfred and Dick come along with him on the journey.
    Oh yeah, he'd definitely work as a Nazi who's just in the party for greed and social status. Not a major enemy, but he's in there (I'm assuming you're responding to my Jewish Batman idea). Especially during the pre-war half of the story he'd make a great thorn in Batman's side. Combine this with the Two Face idea someone had earlier and you got something interesting to keep Batman on his toes both in and out of costume.

Continuing on with the idea...

Clayface would make a great minor appearance in the story and a great battle sequence for Batman and Robin (possibly Nightwing by this point) as a mixed success super-soldier experiment. Batman has become such a thorn in the Nazi's/SS's side they stationed him at a concentration camp they knew Batman was likely to hit.

Villains I haven't mentioned yet and have no clues for but would like to include even in just one or two panels - Deadshot, Firefly, Hugo Strange (and his Monster Men!), Hush, Man-Bat, Poison Ivy, Riddler, Scarecrow, Solomon Grundy, and Vandal Savage. Actually make Strange a lead Nazi scientist and Solomon Grundy and Man-Bat two of his experiments and you got a great recurring villain during the war portion of the story.

One idea I had is including some version of the Outsiders in a later portion of this. I don't yet have all the ideas for all the characters thought out, but Metamorpho could be someone Batman breaks out of either a camp or secret base or lab that the Nazis were experimenting on. I'd have it be so that what remains of the Metamorpho experiment research materials after the raid results in the later origin of Clayface.

Another idea I had was further developing the inclusion of Superman in the story. During the short, one off team up chapter between the two, I'd have them go up against a Nazi Bizarro. Kinda give him Earth X's Overman costume along with the traditional Bizarro chalky messed up appearance. Definitely have Superman do the heavy lifting of the fighting, but give Batman something to do too, like when he blinded Bizarro in that Trinity story. Since Clark is still at leaping over tall buildings in a single bound power level and can't fly or use heat vision yet (think Superboy in the Young Justice cartoon) and Bizarro can do both those things, have Superman leave wondering if he can fly too.

Oh, and no Batman vs Superman, they don't get along nonsense. I want them to get along pretty well. Fast comrades if not outright friends.

No real ideas on any of the other greater DCU characters I'd want to include just yet, other than maybe Wonder Woman. I mean I don't want to clutter up the story to much, but I'd like something big and long that can really dig into that world.
    Honestly, if I had like a million dollars and could somehow commission DC to do this I would.

Spectacular Member

Joker: Year One.

War on Justice:

After being told in the future a legion of heroes from Earth will stop him, Darkseid and his army come to Earth and kills the Justice Society on Live TV and tells Earth that they worship him now or go to war with his army. Seeing this a new group of heroes will emerge to challenge him.

Justice League:
    Superman - A simple small town reporter who decides to unleash his alien powers and guide humanity through the war since every big hero was killed by Darkseid.

The Knight - After seeing the dead bodies of the Justice Society invoked a flashback to the death of parents, a billionaire has a mental breakdown decides to invest his family's money into creating weapons and turning a medieval suit into a high tech suit thus calling himself a knight.

The Amazon - When Air Force pilot Steve Trevor tries to shoot down one of Darkseid's ships he is shot down himself by Apokolips advance weaponry. His ship combining with the energy of Apokolip's weapons causing his ship to crash into a magical barrier and reveals an island of immortal female warriors. After hearing of whats happening from Steve the warriors debate on if they should involve in Man's war, however the princess of their tribe says that both worlds are in trouble against this dark god and decides to help fight the war.

The Lantern - When Air Force pilot Hal Jordan tires to shoot down one of Darkseid's ships he is almost hit but is saved by another alien ship who is shot instead. When seeing if the alien is alright, the green ring jumps off the dying alien and attaches itself to Hal and sends him into another planet to train him to fight with it.

The Speedster - When Jay Garrick's dead body ends up in a lightning cloud his powers is transferred, by the lightning, into scientist Barry Allen giving him the power of super speed.

The King - After hearing the amazons are willing to fight in this war the King of Atlantis decides to join the mortals since all of Earth is in this war.

The Champion - After Darkseid's announcement an ancient wizard decides to find a champion who will protect humanity and ends up seeing a young orphan trying to help everyone and trying to fight some of Darkseid's men. The wizard declares the boy to be the champion and grants him several god like powers.

* Also thinking about several origins of villains could be altered by this war too: like, Luthor, Grodd, Joker, Ares/Oympians

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Bring Nic Pizzolatto on board and let him tell any story he wants.

Batman vs Superman

A Black Label title with a rotating cast of writers and artists, where every Batman vs Superman fight any writer is clamoring to write can be told without worrying about messing up any of the solo or other team up books. All out of continuity, keeping the Batman v Superman stuff in a separate corner where it can't bother us ever again.