Default Favorite Spider-Man issue?

I started reading The Amazing Spiderman from the beginning. I am also Reading Peter Parker Spectacular Spiderman from the start and Marvel Team up. I am on issue 216 of Amazing and issue 54 of Peter Parker and 12 on MTU. I have read a lot of issues that I liked and some that I didnt like.

But my favorite issue so far has to be Amazing Spiderman . It was Spiderman first meeting with Daredevil as they fought The Circus of Crime. The Daredevil Spiderman battle was pretty well done. I cant say for sure but was this Spiderman's first time meeting another hero? To make it better Daredevil was in his yellow costume which is my favorite. The issue was nothing serious. Just a fun fists and bash em story. I really enjoyed it and have read it several times over the years.

So what is your favorite Spiderman appearance or issue and why?
    Last edited by babyblob; 10-05-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ooh, that's tough. I'd go with "Spectacular Spider-Man (vol. 2) #21", a.k.a. Read em and Weep by Paul Jenkins and Talent Caldwell. The issue made me laugh harder than every other issue and features Spider-Man playing poker against the other heroes and the Kingpin. And Doctor Strange of all people, OF ALL PEOPLE, sucks at poker. The hilarity never ended until the last page. I was floored.

BANNED

So many.

My pick is usually Roger Stern's ASM #246 - The Daydreamers. In a flash it tells you a great deal of four of the best characters in comics, what are their flaws, strengths, and commonalities. It's also got an interesting experimental story that also works standalone.

Spectacular Spider-Man #200 (Harry's death) for me, great heartbreaking stuff. I still read it every now and then, this in spite of the retcon.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-05-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Ooh, that's tough. I'd go with "Spectacular Spider-Man (vol. 2) #21", a.k.a. Read em and Weep by Paul Jenkins and Talent Caldwell. The issue made me laugh harder than every other issue and features Spider-Man playing poker against the other heroes and the Kingpin. And Doctor Strange of all people, OF ALL PEOPLE, sucks at poker. The hilarity never ended until the last page. I was floored.
    Oh god. I loved this issue, but I’d have to say my favorite issue is probably Spider-Man Unlimited(2004) #10. Both of the stories in this issue were just amazing and it was nice to see how people view Spider-Man from the outside.

Amazing Spider-Man 400

It's not easy to pick just one from the first 200 issues but...
    I'd have to say Amazing Spider-Man #92.
    Great work by Stan Lee, Gil Kane and John Romita.
    s-l300.jpg

"The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man!" (Amazing Spider-Man #248)

Amazing Member

The death of Gwen Stacy and Goblin's last round as one.

Astonishing Member

Favorite? Of all time? Boy, that's crazy hard to decide.....

I guess I have to go with this one as well (even though it had that awful retcon)

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man 400

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Spider-Man 33.

Maybe the last issue of Kraven's Last Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    "The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man!" (Amazing Spider-Man #248)
    My favorite, too. And it balances that story out with a decent traditional Spider-Man VS supervillain story.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    My favorite, too. And it balances that story out with a decent traditional Spider-Man VS supervillain story.
    Agreed. They already have Roger Stern writing, while adding Ron Frenz with an established JRJR. And then, BOOM! Instant classic.

Amazing Spider-Man volume 2 Issue 36 (aka the 9/11 issue)

Probably one of the most emotional and amazing pieces of writing in comic history. I know it's non-canon with events at the time, but it's still considered an Amazing spider-man comic. Seeing the heroes come to the aid of the real heroes of the day, the villains weeping for the destruction that even they would not dare do. And the tribute piece of the Police, Ambulance and Fire divisions taking center placement with our heroes in the background. A masterpiece from tragedy.