Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Yeah that "feat" alone just shows that Magneto's patients with humans, aliens, and whoever else is pretty incredible. Since, in any instant he could end everything and he choose's not to.

I mean really think about it...if he could pull a space bullet light years away to earth, why not the Moon? Larger in mass sure but the will, power, and control to pull that Giant Bullet out of space to earth so far away a feat like throwing the moon into the earth would still be logically feasible in the context of the character in the MU.
    They had him doing wormholes right after Wanda snapped and "killed" several Avengers in Disassembled. But they of course went into the House of M and went from that.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    WHOA..HOLD ON..Doom has went to Magneto in those SUPER HARD moments..during Onslaught and the Secret Wars. Magneto has never focused or had any designs on being the ruler of the universe..even when he had the M'Kraan crystal.
    I'm not just talking about ruling the univese ... I'm talking about being the flat out most powerful being in the universe. As far as threats go, it's hard (dare I say impossible) to top becoming the most powerful being in the universe. Not that Magneto doesn't have some very nice feats... but it's nowhere near the scale that Doom potentially can accomplish.

The thing is for Doctor Doom to equal Magneto in threat level it takes multiple days of planning and engineering, millions of dollars, and at times other characters. While Magneto could literally wake up one morning and decide that the Earth has had it's last day and have a minimum of 10-15 ways to end it through sheer will alone.

With Doom there are chances of error, things not going according to plan, and other fallibility of being human. With Magneto his power is pretty much a blunt instrument. All he has to do think and it does what he wants. In terms of actual threat, ignoring characterization Magneto will always top Doom.

Characterization on , Doom is a better villain. He will do things Magneto would be hesitant to do. Just thinking about what Magneto can do shows how much restraint he really has as a character and shows the differences the two characters have in general.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 10-06-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Yep..remember when Kitty Pryde was abandoned by the X men in that space bullet light years away. Magneto got sick of her being lost and concentrated and found the bullet and brought her back to earth. That's incredible will power. Not even Silver Surfer can find her that fast.
    Yes Surfer can. And probably would have if her were around and the X-Men asked.

Mighty Member

I'm gonna say Doom, but because you said Marvel UNIVERSE. Magneto is rarely been a threat to multiple planets, galaxies, or realities the way that Doom has. If it was biggest threat to Marvel Earth, I'd be more inclined to consider Magneto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I'm gonna say Doom, but because you said Marvel UNIVERSE. Magneto is rarely been a threat to multiple planets, galaxies, or realities the way that Doom has. If it was biggest threat to Marvel Earth, I'd be more inclined to consider Magneto.
    Magneto isnt always at the top of the food chain in other realities? Lol. Interesting mindset.

Mighty Member

You misunderstand. 616 Doom is/has been a regular threat TO multiple realities. I didn't say Doom was a threat IN multiple realities as in each Doom in each reality is a threat. Most, if not all, Dooms have been killed off so I would not suggest such thing, but that seems to be where your mindset went based on your response.

depends on what is meant by threat. Both are real beasts when they are angry. and Magneto, at his peak, could have destroyed the planet. but he actually cares about other mutants. that somewhat restrains him. but i could argue that he has made more of an impact on the globe than Doom. he's synonymous with mutant threat. governments have changed the way that they operate because of Magneto. and it didn't take much effort on his part. he started a political movement that eclipses Doom's one-man takeover of Latveria (a mudhole that wouldn't be worth mentioning outside of the doom tech). Doom's the greater short term threat because he's all ego and avarice. he would endanger everyone if it meant accomplishing his goals i.e. his attempt to wrangle Onslaught. but i'm a biased Magneto fan. i find him significantly more interesting than Doom. what he wants is more tangible and his motivations less selfish. through strength of will he has pulled his adversaries (X-Men and anti-mutant humans) closer to his way of thinking. both sides know that they are at war now. for good or bad, that was Magneto. he set that chessboard. #Magnetowasright

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Characterization on , Doom is a better villain. He will do things Magneto would be hesitant to do. Just thinking about what Magneto can do shows how much restraint he really has as a character and shows the differences the two characters have in general.
    That is true. and I don't seek to dispute it. but i would add that Magneto's real threat is that his rage is contagious. he knowingly and unknowingly has inspired violence. the Acolytes might have been duped by Fabian Cortez. but that was only possible because they considered Magneto to be a religious figure. and that has led to human counter movements. Doom is mostly a boogeyman to low level villains and someone Thanos might watch. Magneto is a boogeyman to everyone else and someone who Doom watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    depends on what is meant by threat. Both are real beasts when they are angry. and Magneto, at his peak, could have destroyed the planet. but he actually cares about other mutants. that somewhat restrains him. but i could argue that he has made more of an impact on the globe than Doom. he's synonymous with mutant threat. governments have changed the way that they operate because of Magneto. and it didn't take much effort on his part. he started a political movement that eclipses Doom's one-man takeover of Latveria (a mudhole that wouldn't be worth mentioning outside of the doom tech). Doom's the greater short term threat because he's all ego and avarice. he would endanger everyone if it meant accomplishing his goals i.e. his attempt to wrangle Onslaught. but i'm a biased Magneto fan. i find him significantly more interesting than Doom. what he wants is more tangible and his motivations less selfish. through strength of will he has pulled his adversaries (X-Men and anti-mutant humans) closer to his way of thinking. both sides know that they are at war now. for good or bad, that was Magneto. he set that chessboard. #Magnetowasright
    Doom has successfully conquered the world multiple occasions. You can argue that's a pretty big global impact.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Doom has successfully conquered the world multiple occasions. You can argue that's a pretty big global impact.
    no one remembers or cares that he did it. Magneto's threat is ongoing. that's what i dislike most about Doom. he's all feats and image. Marvel sees him as the top of the heap. so they give him something impressive to do to justify that collective belief. but it's always a fleeting victory. and, because he needs to maintain his rep, he's often the cause of his own defeat. that's why he has no impact. we know that Doom doesn't even want Doom's goal. Magneto sure as **** wants mutants to supplant humanity. he is obsessed with the idea that humans are coming for he and his. so he has decided to get them first. and he actively kills people who get in the way of these goals. to put it in real world terms, Doom is the boogeyman of islamic terrorism. Magneto is the ongoing gang violence in the northern and southern america that is mostly ignored.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 10-07-2019 at 07:12 AM.

BANNED

Doom's one-man takeover of Latveria (a mudhole that wouldn't be worth mentioning outside of the doom tech).
    If Latveria was a mudhole not worth mentioning without Doom, doesn't that mean that Doom's achievement is in fact greater. He took a tiny country and made it punch several times above its weight class, making it arguably the most powerful country in Marvel Europe.

And at the end of the day, Doom is a normal person without powers who acquired and gained, and learned all his skills while Magneto is a beneficiary of the X-Gene and his use of powers and abilities all derives from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    If Latveria was a mudhole not worth mentioning without Doom, doesn't that mean that Doom's achievement is in fact greater. He took a tiny country and made it punch several times above its weight class, making it arguably the most powerful country in Marvel Europe.
    no. he used it as a base. he made them a target that needed his defense. remove Doom and they are not a powerhouse. they are basically pets. Magneto organized a nation of mutants.

And at the end of the day, Doom is a normal person without powers who acquired and gained, and learned all his skills while Magneto is a beneficiary of the X-Gene and his use of powers and abilities all derives from that.
    that is the biggest piece of propaganda about Doom. he has never been a normal person. super intelligence is a power. having a sorceress mother to train you is a power. Magneto survived horrors without mutant powers. he has survived multiple assassination attempts. he has been completely depowered, regressed to infancy, simply weakend, etc. he's still around. and a magneto-bot wasn't necessary.

BANNED

no. he used it as a base. he made them a target that needed his defense. remove Doom and they are not a powerhouse. they are basically pets. Magneto organized a nation of mutants.
    Magneto blackmailed the UN into giving him Genosha and he then failed to protect/defend Genosha from the rest of the world. More recently, Magneto is a junior partner to Xavier's attempt to build a nation in Krakoa. Latveria has been defended by Doom successfully many times over.

that is the biggest piece of propaganda about Doom. he has never been a normal person. super intelligence is a power.
    No it isn't. There are many smart people or smart kids who become washouts, fail to have the drive to sustain their interest and/or burn out. Having superintelligence does not guarantee using it to its utmost potential.

having a sorceress mother to train you is a power.
    She didn't train him. She got burnt at the stake and after his father died, Victor found a family trunk and read up her books all by himself.

Magneto survived horrors without mutant powers. he has survived multiple assassination attempts. he has been completely depowered, regressed to infancy, simply weakend, etc. he's still around. and a magneto-bot wasn't necessary.
    Not taking away from Magneto's struggles and his achievements. I can praise and respect Magneto without diminishing Doom. Maybe you can try and doing that.

But Doom has also been a victim of adversity, he grew up as a persecuted minority too, and found out his mother died, and then he and his father were persecuted where Victor had to see his father die of hypothermia as he tried to keep his son warm. Doom has been targeted for death since a youth, and he has also survived assassination attempts, de-powerment and so on.

Magneto blackmailed the UN into giving him Genosha and he then failed to protect/defend Genosha from the rest of the world. More recently, Magneto is a junior partner to Xavier's attempt to build a nation in Krakoa. Latveria has been defended by Doom successfully many times over.
    you are mistaken. he defended it from attack several times. Wolverine severed Magneto's spine; leaving Genosha vulnerable. it's like when Sentry removed Doom from Latveria as if he were disciplining a small child. sometimes the leaders of nations face a threat that is too large for them to handle. Genosha falling to a massive sentinel attack isn't any worse than Wakanda being flooded or Atlantis being wrecked by the Squadron Supreme.

No it isn't. There are many smart people or smart kids who become washouts, fail to have the drive to sustain their interest and/or burn out. Having superintelligence does not guarantee using it to its utmost potential.
    having the ability to manipulate magnetic fields doesn't mean that you're smart enough to create a wormhole or build Asteroid M from scratch, either. Magneto uses his abilities to their utmost potential. Super intelligence is a power. there is literally no one like Doctor Doom in the real world.

She didn't train him. She got burnt at the stake and after his father died, Victor found a family trunk and read up her books all by himself.
    you didn't read Infamous Iron Man.

Not taking away from Magneto's struggles and his achievements. I can praise and respect Magneto without diminishing Doom.
    you've proven that you can't. get off your high horse.

But Doom has also been a victim of adversity, he grew up as a persecuted minority too, and found out his mother died, and then he and his father were persecuted where Victor had to see his father die of hypothermia as he tried to keep his son warm. Doom has been targeted for death since a youth, and he has also survived assassination attempts, de-powerment and so on.
    no he hasn't. Doom was born with everything he would need to thrive; even as part of a wandering tribe. Magneto had everything taken away from him as a boy and was buried alive with his family members. he felt real desperation not that cartoon depiction of "gypsy" life. Doom didn't have to dispose of other people's remains. he had a bed to sleep in. he wasn't starving. he was surrounded by people who loved him despite his awful personality. you're comparing living in a trailer park to reaching maturity in a deathcamp. again, he had super intelligence. it's why he could get on the U.S's radar. that same military tried to kill Magneto after using him as an assassin.