Mighty Member

Default 2019 movie Joker vs. Rorschach (2009 Watchmen)

Would J shoot R dead or would 70's R. be too quick?

YOUR thoughts and opinions on this?

Rorschach was the better fighter between the two but given standard arena distance I'd argue even Fleck Joker has a pretty good shot at just shooting Rorschach dead unless Rorschach can quick draw with his grapple gun or something.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Mighty Member

Thanks. I always wondered how R. was able to last so long on New York's streets without being shot. He seems to have pretty quick reflexes, is good on sneaking up on folks and getting in close. The way he killed the child murderer and his dogs shows he has a very calculating mind...

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    Thanks. I always wondered how R. was able to last so long on New York's streets without being shot. He seems to have pretty quick reflexes, is good on sneaking up on folks and getting in close. The way he killed the child murderer and his dogs shows he has a very calculating mind...
    Probably the same way Joker hasn't just been shot by some random Gothamite whose had it with his **** in the comics.

Because.

Astonishing Member

All non-invulnerable or speedster or force field or flame melting bullets types, would be shot dead rather quickly without Red Shirt/Storm Trooper levels of incompetency from the comic police or armed forces.

One should watch Youtube of competition shooting masters from our world. The humans survive through PIS and the comic cash cow 'force field' and 'luck aura'.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Probably the same way Joker hasn't just been shot by some random Gothamite whose had it with his **** in the comics.

Because.
    Even discounting that the random Gothamite would have to be a Batman-tier detective to even find Joker before they are in the middle of whatever horrible machinations and death traps that you would need to be Batman-tier to even survive, it's because Joker is a superhuman combat monster by the standards of normal people, able to flat out blitz multiple cops a once and land hits on Comic Book Peak Humans who explicitly mention that he's a lot faster than they would assume.

For this fight, though, Joker's just some relatively normal mentally disturbed person with a surprisingly fast draw and decent aim fighting someone that is a Comic Book Street Leveler who trounces entire rooms of goons with relative ease. I'm giving Rorschach a 90+% of aim dodging well enough to be able to either fully dodge Joker's six shots or at least take in areas where his soak will allow him to keep fighting long enough for Rorschach to get close enough to make a balloon animal out of Joker's intestines.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Even discounting that the random Gothamite would have to be a Batman-tier detective to even find Joker before they are in the middle of whatever horrible machinations and death traps that you would need to be Batman-tier to even survive, it's because Joker is a superhuman combat monster by the standards of normal people, able to flat out blitz multiple cops a once and land hits on Comic Book Peak Humans who explicitly mention that he's a lot faster than they would assume.

For this fight, though, Joker's just some relatively normal mentally disturbed person with a surprisingly fast draw and decent aim fighting someone that is a Comic Book Street Leveler who trounces entire rooms of goons with relative ease. I'm giving Rorschach a 90+% of aim dodging well enough to be able to either fully dodge Joker's six shots or at least take in areas where his soak will allow him to keep fighting long enough for Rorschach to get close enough to make a balloon animal out of Joker's intestines.

Now now, give me a break, here! Joker doesn't blitz those cops, Gotham cops are dumb as **** and 20 times slower than the normal person! I mean, c'mon, this is how a typical Joker vs. Cops fight goes:

Cops: Ok Joker, that's it, hold it! You're under arrest, so stay right where you are! Put down your weapon and put your hands in the air. I'm now going to read you your Miranda Rights! You have the right to remain silent. That means you don't have to talk if you don't want to, okay, you got that Joker? Anything you say...that means ANYTHING Joker, any joke, pun, or witty remark...CAN and WILL be used against you in a court of law! Do you understand, Joker? A Court? Of Law? You know, with a judge, jury, bailiff and the like? Not like a basketball court, but like a law court, understand? You have the right to an attorney. That's a lawyer Joker. Someone who will defend you in the court of law...again, not a basketball court but a court of law, with a judge, and all that. If you cannot afford..."

Joker: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!" (runs up to and slices, stabs, or shoots dumb ass cops)

Cops: "Argh! How does he move so fast?"

Only against heroes or the innocent do comic book...specifically Gotham...cops draw their guns and immediately start shooting.

Even comic book civilians lose 9 billion IQ points when facing the Joker.

Civilian: "Finally! The Joker! I have you now, and there's no escape, Joker! I'm going to shoot you with this gun! Do you hear me, Joker? I'm sick of your crap! It was 5 years ago this very day that you murdered my cousin Lester. Son of Mary and Carl Higgins, who lived on South Bend and 4th Street. Lester's dream growing up was to defy the odds and become an astronaut after serving the in the Air Force. He had bright blue eyes and kind of mousey blond hair, that he never properly combed. I don't understand why. I tried to get him to take care of his hair better, but he always told me that...

Joker: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Disarms and shoots civilian dead with his own gun)

Dying Civilian: Ugh! What a combat beast, there's no way I could possibly taken him!
    Last edited by Goldenbane; 10-14-2019 at 05:37 PM.