Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Generation X Appreciation thread 2019

Since everyone is alive again(and on Krakoa) and I couldn't seem to find active thread.

Generation X appreciation thread

Old Gen X Thread

Generation X Resources:

Original Generation X Member Infograph -- A rundown of the original GenXers

Old School Members

Monet Appreciation 2019

Jubilee Appreciation 2019

Synch Appreciation 2019 Kinda

New School members
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-07-2019 at 03:42 AM.

I never thought all thse characters would be alive again at the same time. Makes me so happy.
    Now they just need to add Synch to an ongoing and all will be well in the world.

While I had read X-books before I was always more of a Avengers guy until this series came out. This is the team and comic that truly made me fall in love with the mutants. Every single character had an amazing quality that I adored. Synch will always be my favorite as he gave me such pride as a young black male. Plus that aura just looked cool.

Still, I loved Angelo's tough guy act yet was right there with Ev building Artie & Leech a treehouse. Monet was just glorious and beautiful and she knew it and I loved Paige and Jono. My biggest hope out of Dawn of X was for all these guys to reunite. Hasn't come true, but finally they are all alive and it's a possibility at least. All I can say is thank Hickman for bringing back characters I actually love and truly giving me hope.

PS they need to update that Omega list cause Ev should damn sure be one for Power Mimicry.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I never thought all thse characters would be alive again at the same time. Makes me so happy.
    Now they just need to add Synch to an ongoing and all will be well in the world.
    I agree I thought this would never be possible because I thought Skin and Synch were going to end staying dead but thanks to Hickman being fan. It looks like we are going to see something at some point and I think that is amazing. I think everybody is on Krakoa even 616 Blink. I am not conceited enough to think an ongoing would work but I think we deserve to see Banshee, Emma, Jubilee, Chamber, Skin, Synch, Husk, Blink, M,Penance/Hollow and Mondo in a miniseries.Heck even Vincente too

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I agree I thought this would never be possible because I thought Skin and Synch were going to end staying dead but thanks to Hickman being fan. It looks like we are going to see something at some point and I think that is amazing. I think everybody is on Krakoa even 616 Blink. I am not conceited enough to think an ongoing would work but I think we deserve to see Banshee, Emma, Jubilee, Chamber, Skin, Synch, Husk, Blink, M,Penance/Hollow and Mondo in a miniseries.Heck even Vincente too
    I'm thinking our best shot is a issue in Hickman's X-Men book since it's got the whole rotating cast gimmick.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

BANNED

One of My favourite X-Men comics of all time

Great characters, stories, drama and designs.

Bachelo at his finest

Skin and Chamber were my favourites and I even have the figures still boxed.

So good to see them all alive again.

All-New Member

Gen X was one of those rare comics where there wasn't a single member of the team I actively disliked. Why it's taken this long to resurrect Skin and Synch is beyond me.

I don't think it big deal they didn't resurrect them,Death should mean something in comics so it fine leaving characters to stay dead ,that said you had a event like Necrosha they should have been back sooner. I have more issue with them being killed in the first place and the X-men killing characters in general without long term plan or good reasoning follow up stories.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    While I had read X-books before I was always more of a Avengers guy until this series came out. This is the team and comic that truly made me fall in love with the mutants. Every single character had an amazing quality that I adored. Synch will always be my favorite as he gave me such pride as a young black male. Plus that aura just looked cool.

Still, I loved Angelo's tough guy act yet was right there with Ev building Artie & Leech a treehouse. Monet was just glorious and beautiful and she knew it and I loved Paige and Jono. My biggest hope out of Dawn of X was for all these guys to reunite. Hasn't come true, but finally they are all alive and it's a possibility at least. All I can say is thank Hickman for bringing back characters I actually love and truly giving me hope.

PS they need to update that Omega list cause Ev should damn sure be one for Power Mimicry.
    Same. I was hoping for 1 or 2 Wave II books announced since currently GenX is spread out in Wave I with 3 members unaccounted for.

So I am waiting for Wave II, hopefully we can at least get Synch, Monet, and Skin back together since those are the three not on any team at the moment.

But nice to have all of them back again.

never thought Id see the day, they are all back! amazing! Now if we could get them all together in one place for a mini!
    Even better they are back at just the right time when Disney has the X-men again and they will be turning their full attention to them(hopefully.) Im hoping this will eventually lead to an animated or live action series down the road!

Jubilee and Angelo can finally be together!

Fantastic Member

Gen X Emma was best Emma.

Also bro teacher Banshee.

Maybe Skin and Chamber get treated right for once.

About the only missing character is Gaia. Wonder if she gets remembered.

Also bring back Vincente he was great.

Throw in some forgotten Gen X villains like Bulwark, Murmur, and even the Rising Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Jubilee and Angelo can finally be together!
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Jubes and Synch. Eat THAT, Monet.

Mighty Member

We need an issue with Chamber, Husk, Skin, Monet, Ev, Jube, Mondo, The twins(Nicole and Claudette) with Emma and Sean when they bring up Franklin ( Artie and Leech).. That is gen x I know and love.. Gaia is not a thing..

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I would really like to see this line-up again. I know it won't be an ongoing, but a mini-series or a few issues of the Hickman X-Men book.

One aspect I would like to see downplayed is the (imo) extreme rivalry between Jubilee and Monet. I'm not saying they have to be best friends, they're too different for that, but for a while it seemed like they REALLy disliked each other. That's what I felt needed to be toned down.