Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    If Hercules is on the team, i’d Have another reason to check this out.
    This and phyla would grab my interest

BANNED

I loved Al Ewing's Mighty Avengers and The Ultimates books so it goes without saying, that I'll definitely be onboard for his GOTG.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If anyone can pull off the Guardians as a grand, cosmic, Space Opera, it's Ewing.

Kinda surprised with all the current solicits of Rocket dying, he's front-and-center on this cover.

I hope this is the real Phyla and Moondragon and not AU versions. Hopefully the larger roster has more women too.

Glad Rich is still in there.

Why do I foresee Noh-Varr and Peter not getting along?
    At this point, I wouldn't mind if Peter Quill was killed off and replaced by Noh-Varr.

Either bring back the real Moondragon or Phyla or don't. Just bring back Moondragon, Phyla can stay dead.

Did they really just recycle a Nova pose from a previous Nova book?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I loved all his Ultimates stuff and LOOOOOOVE his Immortal Hulk so it will be great to see what they are going to do now that Al has the cosmic keys officially. Being what's happening in Immortal Hulk I wonder if we will eventually see a crossover (very possibly). Great news for the cosmic side of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    At this point, I wouldn't mind if Peter Quill was killed off and replaced by Noh-Varr.
    I'm kind of surprised Peter's lasted as long as he has, to be honest.
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

Always will be the best Nova Prime pose you can get! Fans at Nova Message Board are pretty hyped for this run, espeically if Rich does get to be a member, or a member of a vastly extended team, probably due to the "unfortunate" fact the Corps got zapped again!

Either bring back the real Moondragon or Phyla or don't. Just bring back Moondragon, Phyla can stay dead.

It’s superhero comics—a lot of poses get reused. In fact, the DnA series used that pose more than once. Just shows how iconic that cover is!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Waiting to see the full cast and crew.

Funny you should bring that up. I really this isn't a Disney production, but Disney has been known to reuse previous images and animations in their cartoons. I imagine they're not alone in that process.

I’ve been enjoying Cates run and will miss him, but I have loved Ewing’s Immortal Hulk and will definitely be interested to see what he will do with the Guardians.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

R.I.P. to the best Guardians run being DnA's.

That Nova pose is iconic and probably recycled as an homage.

Really hoping Blue Marvel joins. I know Ewing may be done with Adam, but it's well past time for a brother to get some cosmic shine.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Really hoping Blue Marvel joins. I know Ewing may be done with Adam, but it's well past time for a brother to get some cosmic shine.
    Doubtful that Blue Marvel is added to the team. It sounds like Richard Rider (Nova) and Marvel Boy will be on the team, which should make their fans quite happy.

I wonder if someone like Maxam would be a good fit for the team? He's from the future, so he's technologically advanced. He's wielded the Time stone and served on the Infinity Watch with Moondragon, so that checks off the cosmic box. I'm not a fan of him being perceived as just another strong guy, but maybe the writers do something crazy like establishing that the true nature of his power is to affect mass and gravity. And ever since he first touched the Time Stone, he's been pulled from one cosmic crisis to the next up and down the time stream.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Blue marvel will show up in the upcoming doctor doom book.
    There has been black male novas in the past.
    Have you seen this?
    He is not human by the way.
    Prah'd'gul: The Prodigal Sun Appreciation Thread 2019
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2019

I wonder when he will pop up next.
    Maybe Kevin Brashear will pop up down the road too.

Kevin Brashear, son of the Blue Marvel, is noted as being the first human being to exit and later re-enter the Omniverse in Captain America and the Mighty Avengers #7. How that could even be possible as the Omniverse has been described as encompassing everything imaginable has not been explained.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Kevin...ar_(Earth-616)
    Last edited by mace11; 10-08-2019 at 09:05 PM.

If we are being honest Poster Quill as we knew him was killed off by James Gunn in the first Guardians movie. If you are looking to start a "bold new era" for the team Noh-Varr being made the team leader after Quill's death would be the next logical step.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest