Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    Always will be the best Nova Prime pose you can get! Fans at Nova Message Board are pretty hyped for this run, espeically if Rich does get to be a member, or a member of a vastly extended team, probably due to the "unfortunate" fact the Corps got zapped again!
    1. When did this happen?

2. Is Adsit dead at least? I don't understand how the Nova Corps keeps taking beatdowns but Adsit never dies and aliens way more advanced and deadly take orders from him. The last time I saw him he was shot in the back at point blank range and survived it over in Champions. He must be a writer's pet, but what writer would want him as a pet?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The Nova core was destroyed again in GOTG. This time it was the church with Star Lords dad leading them.

They've been destroyed so many times now it's a bit meh every time it happens now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    1. When did this happen?

2. Is Adsit dead at least? I don't understand how the Nova Corps keeps taking beatdowns but Adsit never dies and aliens way more advanced and deadly take orders from him. The last time I saw him he was shot in the back at point blank range and survived it over in Champions. He must be a writer's pet, but what writer would want him as a pet?
    Adsit is based on a real person, so they're probably reluctant to kill him off. He's Duggan's pet, first used in his Deadpool run then moved over to GOTG when he was leaving Wade's book behind. Zub used him in the Champions issues where Sam lost and regained his Nova powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Sorry if these have been answered already, I skimmed the posts and didn't see it:

-Is this series going to be a full reboot starting with a new issue #1?
    -Is it going to be continuing the plot from where Cates's ends?
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Sorry if these have been answered already, I skimmed the posts and didn't see it:

-Is this series going to be a full reboot starting with a new issue #1?
    -Is it going to be continuing the plot from where Cates's ends?
    1. Yes.
    2. Not entirely sure what you mean. It’s still the same continuity and several of the same characters, but Ewing’s telling his own stories. The first arc will have the Guardians face off against the gods of Olympus, which was set up at the end of Avengers: No Road Home.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I too am disappointed that Cates run is coming to an end. I’ve not enjoyed the GotG this much since Abnett and Lanning and this feels a little premature.

That said, I’m delighted that’s Ewing is the guy to take over. He’s been one here f Marvels best for a number of years now and he’s finally getting his due. It’s great to see he won’t be reverting to the MCU 5 and opening with the Olympians seems pretty fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    That said, I’m delighted that’s Ewing is the guy to take over. He’s been one here f Marvels best for a number of years now and he’s finally getting his due. It’s great to see he won’t be reverting to the MCU 5 and opening with the Olympians seems pretty fresh.
    Yeah, I like the core Guardians as much as the next person (at least when they're not trying to force them to act like the MCU versions) but I'm glad they're not going for what they did with Duggan's Guardians even if he made it work the best he could.

New interview with Ewing that includes some Guardians talk around 17:00.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=W8rp0TTL1G8

Among other things, he mentions that he’s kind of guiding all of Marvel’s space books now, and cites DnA’s Nova run as a chief influence on how he’ll be depicting Marvel space.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    New interview with Ewing that includes some Guardians talk around 17:00.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=W8rp0TTL1G8

Among other things, he mentions that he’s kind of guiding all of Marvel’s space books now, and cites DnA’s Nova run as a chief influence on how he’ll be depicting Marvel space.
    All things I am glad to hear .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Adsit is based on a real person, so they're probably reluctant to kill him off.
    Sigh, based on a real person? Since he came from Deadpool and given the creator's age and year he was introduced I'm just going to assume he it's based on a character that appeared in one of these comedies, 30 Rock, Parks And Rec, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The Office. It's got to be one of those. Please tell me that Marvel isn't keeping this idiot alive so he can be comic relief when a movie/series gets made.

He's Duggan's pet, first used in his Deadpool run then moved over to GOTG when he was leaving Wade's book behind. Zub used him in the Champions issues where Sam lost and regained his Nova powers.
    Yeah, I cheered when he was shot in the back and it appeared he was dead but Zub chickened out.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ewing writing Pete, Rocky, Gamom, Bautista, and Tree = yeah yeah yeah gimme
    Ewing writing more New Mutants = yes yes yes
    Ewing writing more Inhumans = oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah
    Ewing writing ADAM WARLOCK = aw yeah aw yeah i need it
    Ewing writing THANOS = please please please please

Ewing showrunning Marvel Cosmic to bring tight continuity and consistency to the line the likes of which haven't been seen since DnA = This is gonna be the best comic ever
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Very glad Ewing is looking after the cosmic side of Marvel. His style is very much like the DNA style.
    Would love to see him tackling a Nova solo, enjoyed his small short story in the annual where Nova states that he is essentially “the man on the ground” in cosmic affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Sigh, based on a real person? Since he came from Deadpool and given the creator's age and year he was introduced I'm just going to assume he it's based on a character that appeared in one of these comedies, 30 Rock, Parks And Rec, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, The Office. It's got to be one of those. Please tell me that Marvel isn't keeping this idiot alive so he can be comic relief when a movie/series gets made.
    Correct, he's an actor from 30 Rock. He's also Baymax's VA in Big Hero 6.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Adsit
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How did I never realize this? Guess now I have to read him in Baymax's voice .

Ahhh, Good old 30 Rock and Parks and Rec. The comedies that everyone loves on the internet but you can't find one fan of them in real life