Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Looks like Andrea Sorrentino's done a variant cover for the book!

https://twitter.com/And_Sorrentino/s...31500437508096

Awesome cover. I seriously can't wait for Ewing's run to start.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Speaking of robots, how about Air Walker? I think he's dead (again) but a robot can't really die.
    I was just thinking about Air Walker as well. That he's even a construct makes no sense. Galactus is supposed to be one of the premier scientists across two omniversal instants. Yet somehow the best that he could do was re-create Gabriel as a robot. Now let's stop and think about all of the artificial beings that exist in the universe who are far more sophisticated in design than the Air Walker Construct. Beings like Warlock, Her/Kismet, etc., etc. And don't get me started on the clones, like Maddy Pryor. I get that Galactus the Destroyer can't create life, but I refuse to believe that he couldn't have created something on par with Earth scientists with their limited grasp of the cosmos and inferior technology. It makes no sense that the best that Galactus could manage was a robot.

And then there's the brief time Galactus spent as Lifebringer. If he can restore to life the first world that he consumed, why couldn't he as Lifebringer do a little something for his most beloved and favorite herald, Gabriel Lan? It seems to me his second order of business would have been to bring back Gabriel in some way, shape or form. As for his soul, there are any number of ways to address that as well. The soul is eternal, it's just a question of where his sister, Death, has it housed.

More covers for #1 from today's solicits!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

For a team that's supposed to have more members, they sure only seem to be using the same group of characters for all the covers. Maybe these are the core members, while the others play smaller roles throughout the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    For a team that's supposed to have more members, they sure only seem to be using the same group of characters for all the covers. Maybe these are the core members, while the others play smaller roles throughout the book?
    Aren't these all variants for the same issue? They could be trying to hide the full team still and save reveals for in book.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

So Groot is dead?
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I was just thinking about Air Walker as well. That he's even a construct makes no sense. Galactus is supposed to be one of the premier scientists across two omniversal instants. Yet somehow the best that he could do was re-create Gabriel as a robot. Now let's stop and think about all of the artificial beings that exist in the universe who are far more sophisticated in design than the Air Walker Construct. Beings like Warlock, Her/Kismet, etc., etc. And don't get me started on the clones, like Maddy Pryor. I get that Galactus the Destroyer can't create life, but I refuse to believe that he couldn't have created something on par with Earth scientists with their limited grasp of the cosmos and inferior technology. It makes no sense that the best that Galactus could manage was a robot.

And then there's the brief time Galactus spent as Lifebringer. If he can restore to life the first world that he consumed, why couldn't he as Lifebringer do a little something for his most beloved and favorite herald, Gabriel Lan? It seems to me his second order of business would have been to bring back Gabriel in some way, shape or form. As for his soul, there are any number of ways to address that as well. The soul is eternal, it's just a question of where his sister, Death, has it housed.
    Good points well made!

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Aren't these all variants for the same issue? They could be trying to hide the full team still and save reveals for in book.
    Yeah, I figure they're probably hiding the rest of the members.

Which makes me curious if future solicits will spoil who else is on the team or if the mandate was all the covers had to have just those 6 initially.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    So Groot is dead?
    Groot is currently still alive and in the cast. We have no information yet on what his status will be when the new creative team takes over. All we know for now is that he isn't shown on the cover art released so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I mean, it seems to me to be a repeat of the promotion for this last run of the GotG, which ended up with a much more close-knit roster, but initially teased a whole slew of cosmic characters, most of which had minimal involvement.

I'm honestly pretty bored of Star-Lord & Rocket at this point, and Noh-Varr does nothing to interest me.

Bring back Bug & Mantis, and stick Cosmo and/or Darkhawk on the team. I wouldn't mind seeing more of the Guardians 3000 + Guardians 1000 too.

218108_1250902_1004.jpg

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Still can't identify a lot of characters on that picture even though I have read over 500 comics since it was teased.

Just finished the Thanos Imperative and about to start Annihilators.
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Still can't identify a lot of characters on that picture even though I have read over 500 comics since it was teased.

Just finished the Thanos Imperative and about to start Annihilators.
    A lot of them are the imperial guard. They are not guardians of the galaxy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    A lot of them are the imperial guard. They are not guardians of the galaxy.
    Which is actually pretty interesting when you think about it. For as long as the new Guardians have been around they don’t really have a significant Shi’ar connection outside the DNA era. You’d think that a member or two of the Imperial Guard would’ve joined by now. Seems like a natural place to pull obscure cosmic characters from.

I hope that Moondragon cover means she's getting more focus. I hope Ewing sorts out that alternate dimension mess, or at least explains whatever happened to 616 Moondragon.
    I'm kind of meh on the addition of Noh Varr. I LOVE the character, but I feel he works much better on the Avengers, where he fills the outsider role and is less established than the others (he would also add some spice to a pretty boring and generic line-up).

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I hope that Moondragon cover means she's getting more focus. I hope Ewing sorts out that alternate dimension mess, or at least explains whatever happened to 616 Moondragon.
    I'm kind of meh on the addition of Noh Varr. I LOVE the character, but I feel he works much better on the Avengers, where he fills the outsider role and is less established than the others (he would also add some spice to a pretty boring and generic line-up).
    With regards to Moondragon, did I hear confirmation that 616 Moondragon is actually alive??