• D-Underwhelming; a real letdown

5 8.20%
  • F---Terrible; a bad story in every way

0 0%
  • INCOMPLETE---Did Not Read

2 3.28%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rate "HUNTED"

So.....now that Spencer's first big multi-part arc is over (complete with last week's Epilogue), what do you think? Let's vote!!

By the way, I voted "A" which---to me---does not mean it's quite on the same level as stories like the Master Planner saga or The Night Gwen Stacy Died. Those are A+ Spidey stories whereas "Hunted" to me is a solid "A"--it checks off all the boxes I look for with a big arc like this (great action, compelling antagonist(s), tension, drama, some humor, great cast, Spidey shows his humanity and all the primary cast members are left in a different place with great lead ins for future stories).

I would consider it a "very very good" story, though I would lean in closer to calling it an A-.

It's a very nice wrap up of the now "Kraven trilogy", with a good use of structure and exploring interesting ideas regarding both Spider-Man and Kraven. I also think it does a good job of balancing its size (with it being a 12 issue story), with its fairly smaller scope in comparison, it doesn't feel like it needs to be bigger than it already is just because its a "big" story, instead uses its time to tell all it wants to say.

BANNED

A for me too. I think it's a solid event issue. The overall story is good and the standalones - the ".HU" are all great.

We got some classic beats like Black Ant and Taskmaster as essentially "The Walrus and the Carpenter" of villains in that you aren't sure which of them is more awful and terrible than the other, and the bigger hypocrite. We got defining character moments for Felicia with Billy. And we got a Curt Connors and Lizard with actual poignant internal conflict and parental guilt, shame, and loathing that's truly dark stuff.

I hate grades! It's an A, though. The first 6 months of the Supreme Commander's run had me more hungry for things to go off than invested in current things, but this was the good West Coast burger with all the pickles. Best arc since Norman realized what the superior Mountain Dew flavor is.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

B- (minus) a solid story, which seemed to drag towards the end, but nothing to write home about, IMO.

Edit - I don't like the concept of Kraven's "clone son" basically replacing him as it feels like a cheap have your cake and eat it too move, but that's just me.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-17-2019 at 03:03 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

B. Very good story that probably could've been an issue shorter to maintain the dramatic tension.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    B. Very good story that probably could've been an issue shorter to maintain the dramatic tension.
    I give a grade of B+. B for the story itself, but an added plus for the way tbe epilogue set up Kindred and Chameleon..

Gave it a C, as it was ok. So far this is my lowest rating in the Spencer run. It was enjoyable, but I felt it began to drag and I am glad to be moving forward.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I had very high expectations, and I thought it was very disappointing. I'll give it C. It could've been so much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    A for me too. I think it's a solid event issue. The overall story is good and the standalones - the ".HU" are all great.

We got some classic beats like Black Ant and Taskmaster as essentially "The Walrus and the Carpenter" of villains in that you aren't sure which of them is more awful and terrible than the other, and the bigger hypocrite. We got defining character moments for Felicia with Billy. And we got a Curt Connors and Lizard with actual poignant internal conflict and parental guilt, shame, and loathing that's truly dark stuff.
    Nice analysis; I totally agree----I think the ".HU" issues were quite possibly the best tie-ins for a Spider event that I can recall.

Incredible Member

Just the artwork alone knocks the story a letter grade down for me. I actually did like Arcade and Black Cat in this story. Not sure why the need to put Spidey in his black suit, other than paying homage to KLH. It was ok, but the entire premise just didn't excite me.

BANNED

I haven't red the conclusion yet. That will happen in early July.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    B- (minus) a solid story, which seemed to drag towards the end, but nothing to write home about, IMO.

Edit - I don't like the concept of Kraven's "clone son" basically replacing him as it feels like a cheap have your cake and eat it too move, but that's just me.
    No, it's me too. You said it all and I'm at a B- as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Just the artwork alone knocks the story a letter grade down for me. I actually did like Arcade and Black Cat in this story. Not sure why the need to put Spidey in his black suit, other than paying homage to KLH. It was ok, but the entire premise just didn't excite me.
    I do like the explanation Kraven gives for the suit, which is that the red and blue is gaudy and as unfit for the Spider totem as Peter's behavior, while the black is just more threatening overall.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate