Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That was just a short-hand term since that's where it started, I was just referring to whatever the new somewhat interconnected animated series of films are called. And I don't think they're bad, I just want them to open it up more and move away from those designs and get better animation.
    Wonder Woman: Bloodlines looks very different.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wonder Woman: Bloodlines looks very different.
    That's good to hear. I haven't liked the art design of most of DC's animated movies for years now. They just look like very sub-par anime.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    That's good to hear. I haven't liked the art design of most of DC's animated movies for years now. They just look like very sub-par anime.
    I like Phil Bourassa's art style. I think the issue is mainly when the budget or right studio isn't there to back it up.

Like, Reign of the Supermen used his designs and looked absolutely gorgeous. Batman: Hush? Not so much. But I still liked the designs.

Astonishing Member

I guess nobody thought much of JLAction?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I absolutely loved it. Would be totally down for a revival .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I'd rather they start a new animated universe with someone new at the reigns.

Im really suprised we dont atleast have Batman and Justice League cartoons at the moment. And I'm sure other properties like WonderWoman or Supersons could support their own shows too. Seems like a wasted oppertunity.
    You're not the only one missing a Batman cartoon right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I absolutely loved it. Would be totally down for a revival .
    It was originally pitched as a Batman cartoon.

If it was picked up as a Batman cartoon, then we could have the best of both worlds: a new Batman cartoon paired with a rerun of JLAction cartoon. Kinda like the old days.

If only ½ of the rumors from Bleeding Cool are true about the future DCU, then I'm really gonna need a simple Batman cartoon.

Incredible Member

You're not the only one missing a Batman cartoon right now.

It was originally pitched as a Batman cartoon.

If it was picked up as a Batman cartoon, then we could have the best of both worlds: a new Batman cartoon paired with a rerun of JLAction cartoon. Kinda like the old days.

If only ½ of the rumors from Bleeding Cool are true about the future DCU, then I'm really gonna need a simple Batman cartoon.
    Wonder Woman deserves at least one cartoon before Batman gets his 6th one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Wonder Woman deserves at least one cartoon before Batman gets his 6th one.
    James Tucker agrees with you .

The DCAU kind of sucks at writing any character besides Batman and his villains.

DCAU itself doesn't need to be revived it ran its course.

I do think the time is ripe for DC to create another shared universe of animated shows. Animation has always been its strong suit and, I wouldn't mind a series of shows ranging from kid-friendly to more adult.

Young Justice already set the groundwork but, I have no idea why they haven't decided to expand on it's, already stuffed, universe. Although, kind of happy they didn't if they ever try to redo a DCAU type scenario something built from the ground up would be fitting. Honestly, they should get on this there's a ton of potential.

No, I'd much rather have a new animated universe. But I'd love one more DCAU movie with the original seven as a proper send-off.

IMHO, we don't need a regular continuation, but an occasional movie, like the Harley Quinn and Fatal Five ones would be welcome.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'd be happy with just expanding on Young Justice. It's already laid the groundwork, and it's different enough that stories can be expanded upon, be unique, but not hurt the characters.

Start something new. They could expand the Young Justice universo, but that show goes to great trouble to take theold school heroes out of the main cast way, so I don't think the creators will be eager to balance things.

I love the DCAU, it introduced me to a wide DCU, before, I just new the Trinity and only cared for Superman. But after getting into comics, I noticed that a lot o characters got the short end of the stick, to further others and it happens that the character who probably had it worst, Hawkman, have become one of my favorites lately, and I would hate to a new generation o kids to see the character in that light again. Plus, the only things we can trust will remain the same is that Timm and company will havê Bruce as the best.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 10-08-2019 at 04:12 AM.

I don't mind an occasional animated movie reunion, but I don't think they should bring it back in a TV show format. The DCAU certainly had its time and it was wonderful for what it was. Let it rest.