Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Avengers Forever is hard to beat. I would also say the first Agents of Atlas, but that is more of a mini series.

Avengers Forever
    The Inhuman series by Paul Jenkins
    Squadron Supreme
    Earth X

Avengers Forever
    Squadron Supreme
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Glad we all agree that it's Nextwave.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Glad we all agree that it's Nextwave.
    Oh wow, another one I didn't remember was a 12 parter! (For some reason, I thought it was shorter...)

Good choice!

I'm glad Jenkins' Inhumans was mentioned above. To date, it's the only Inhumans book I've ever enjoyed.

Overall, I'm going with the crowd here: Avengers Forever.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I don't know if I would call some of these maxi-Series. Many listed here were originally published as ongoing series that just happened to end quickly. Granted many of the creators involved probably knew they were short for the world, and planned accordingly. I guess that's being a little over-exacting, but if I'm gonna call anything a maxi-series at some point one of the single issues is gonna have to be numbered "X of Y." Otherwise you're just Slingers.

As for Marvel maxi-series, I honestly can't think of many I've enjoyed even if I stretch the definition a bit. I just think a 10-18 issue done in one story is difficult to pull off in superhero comics.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Mighty Member

I'm not going to say it goes under all time, as I would probably put my vote towards Squadron Supreme, but since people are throwing in multiple series, I'm just here to toss in Omega the Unknown. The original was cancelled 10 issues in, but it ended in a way that felt so complete regardless (complete in a way that makes sense unto itself and its themes). The 2007 limited series was also incredibly good, probably better in fact due to its clearer direction but it does so at the cost of dropping some of the original's mystery and themes.

Squadron Supreme (Gruenwald got to do what DC could never do with the Justice League)
    Superior Foes of Spider-Man (Spencer proved that a good writer could make D listers popular and interesting)

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I don't know if I would call some of these maxi-Series. Many listed here were originally published as ongoing series that just happened to end quickly. Granted many of the creators involved probably knew they were short for the world, and planned accordingly. I guess that's being a little over-exacting, but if I'm gonna call anything a maxi-series at some point one of the single issues is gonna have to be numbered "X of Y." Otherwise you're just Slingers.
    Ha! They WISH.

-Pav, who reps hard for the most underrated Marvel team...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Nice to see the popularity of Squadron Supreme here. And Inhumans gets some love too.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES