Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #31 NYCC Edition

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...omic-con-2019/

No new info really, but comments from past and present xmen creators. Also we are getting an X-Men week come the week of Oct. 14
    Last edited by Diammandis; 10-07-2019 at 06:13 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

AiPT!: But you did illustrate the infamous psychic affair confrontation issue in New X-Men #139…

Phil: Oh yeah, which I was obsessed with because I’m obsessed with soap operas and I do believe one of the things that X-Men does best is soap opera love triangle stuff, and I was obsessed with that relationship and those characters. Though I firmly believe… why Jean and Emma are fighting over Scott, I’ll never know. I’m not a Scott Summers fan, so I’m like, girls, you can do better.

AiPT!: That storyline sparked some very passionate reactions that exist to this day in the Jean and Emma fan camps.

Phil: I’m like, girls, you’re both in the wrong camp. Get someone who’s worthy of your time and your powers.

AiPT!: I spoke to Leah Williams about their rivalry and Leah suggested they just become friends.

Phil: I don’t know if you know soap operas–it’s like longtime divas who finally come together at some point for a common goal. Yeah, I get it 100%

AiPT!: Thanks, Phil! Speaking of Grant Morrison’s groundbreaking work–let’s turn to Chris Burnham, who wrote the Secret Wars New X-Men tribute series, E is for Extinction!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

IDK what soap Operas Jimenez watch but I never see the good girl and the mistress ending being friends, usually the mistress get some deserved end on prison or being killed

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    IDK what soap Operas Jimenez watch but I never see the good girl and the mistress ending being friends, usually the mistress get some deserved end on prison or being killed
    Spirit, I can always count on you to tell me how Emma Frost is evil incarnate and is the agent of Satan in the X-books.

It was a stupid affair. Emma was immature, Scott was immature, they had an affair, then they had a relationship, then they one day broke up. No one is evil incarnate, they are just insensitive and selfish like a lot of people in the world are.

So I am sorry to disappoint you but I think Emma is going to actually be a work colleague of Jean and Scott and will actually interact with them without anyone getting killed or going to jail. I would even expect to see something happen eventually where either Emma saves Jean from something, or Jean saves Emma from something, because oh right they are working together for common cause the protection of Krakoa and the children, citizens, and families of Krakoa.

Jean and Emma already shared a beer, so they are way beyond you in the reconciliation stage, and you are still bitter after all these years.

I expect you'll be here on the forums 20 years from now still telling us how Emma Frost perpetuated the most evil crime of all eternity on Jean Grey by having an affair with Scott Summers.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Jiminez > Quitley tho
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Jiminez > Quitley tho
    No doubt. I'm impressed how fast he was drawing, like 3 weeks for a book. he even said less time than that. I know that Kordey also was drawing really fast.
    But only Jimenez kept the quality

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wanting Jean and Emma to be friends would be dumb. like the worst class of fanfiction.
    even without Cyclops they don't like each other.
    let them be nothing, not enemies/friends but nothing.

The more I hear about Marauders the more excited I am. Bless you Matteo Lolli

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Wanting Jean and Emma to be friends would be dumb. like the worst class of fanfiction.
    Not everyone needs to be a friend, specially when one really screwed up the other so badly

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't expect them to be best friends, I think they'll work together occasionally just like anyone else who is part of the same organization. I am sure there will be crossover between all the Krakoan departments in the book. Sometimes Emma will have to do something with X-Force, sometimes X-Force will do something with the Marauders, sometimes the X-Men will do something with the Marauders and X-Force both.

But you are right, they aren't going to be best friends or anything, just work colleagues. But also I don't think anyone is going to go to jail or die because of what happened in New X-Men in 2003.

Does anybody else have problems viewing AIPT on an iPad? The content is cut sideways and I can't read everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't expect them to be best friends, I think they'll work together occasionally just like anyone else who is part of the same organization. I am sure there will be crossover between all the Krakoan departments in the book. Sometimes Emma will have to do something with X-Force, sometimes X-Force will do something with the Marauders, sometimes the X-Men will do something with the Marauders and X-Force both.

But you are right, they aren't going to be best friends or anything, just work colleagues. But also I don't think anyone is going to go to jail or die because of what happened in New X-Men in 2003.
    Easy to say because Jean already died because of NXM run

Easy to say because Jean already died because of NXM run
    And now she is alive and a lead on X-Force, yay, things are better and Jean is back and she was pretty bad ass in House of X #6 making Creed shut his big mouth and turning him into a drooling baby.

Jean isn't going anywhere Spirit, she is a big part of things going forward. Heck they are using her to sell variant covers more than anyone in the X-books.

It depends on what you want for Jean exactly, it's not a video game where people do awesome moves every single issue, sometimes Jean is just going to be talking with little action. Sometimes she is going to be in the middle of the action.

I will join with you in one criticism of the new direction, I would like to see Jean's awesome telekinesis in play at some point. I don't care how powerful Paris (Exodus), I know Jean is a top notch telekinetic and I would like to see that happen again.

As a Hispanic, I can confirm your assessment - of soap operas. That said, it doesn’t really have any bearing on the X-Men and while I like Phil Jimenez (he always seems so chill and friendly in interviews and videos) and his work, he kinda took the lazy shot here. Oh, well.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

So they included Al Ewing.
    Is that because he had three New Mutants in his New Avengers ongoing?

I don't dare to hope, since he already has two, soon three ongoings.

If the New Mutants are still in space by the time he takes over Guardians of Galaxy, maybe we could have a tiny crossover?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way