Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh God, I already hate this. And I'm not just talking about Jon.

I heard rumblings that Bendis doesn't write a good Damian but I didn't think he'd be THAT off. The personality is there but the way he talks...just no. And yeah, the extra dark skin has never really...looked right on him. He's mixed. You don't have to downplay the fact that he's Bruce's kid just to make sure it's clear that he's also Talia's. Contrary to what the Tumblr community thinks:

1. It's okay to draw him light skinned and you can do it without making him look white

2. Light skinned people of Arab descent definitely exist xD
    Gotham Academy got it right, most comics just make him Caucasian which isint right either, at least Bendis is remembering it

Censorship Sucks

black...white....in a day of equality, who cares?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    In a day where Marvel can release 23 back to back movies each with a causaian chosen one is supported by an ethnic best friend you tell me

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Gotta say i don't care for how jon is drawn as an adult here. As a kid he looks fine. As for the voice, voice of kid jon is fine.
    #theboysareback
    @superlad's theory is correct that Damian's leviathan. And if the rumours that jon is gonna be superman is true. And if clark really does leave his secret identity and become president of the earth.this is gonna be a tough year. Its nice to have something familiar for once. Then again the kid ain't kid no more
    I am firmly opposed to Superman abandoning his Clark Kent secret identity. I really will not like it, if true.
    Clark Kent is who he was growing up and as reporter for the Planet. It's who Lois Lane fell in love with and married.

I mean...Bruce is white, Talia is some vague middle eastern nationality (did we ever figure out exactly where Ra's is from). I'd say there's a problem if Damian is black xD

Always Rakzo

This was pretty much Super Sons written by someone who never read Super Sons and thought this is the way they should behave. Bendis in a nutshell I guess.

Also, someone must seriously tell him that hugs don't automatically make a story more charming already.

The art was fitting at least.

Censorship Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    In a day where Marvel can release 23 back to back movies each with a causaian chosen one is supported by an ethnic best friend you tell me
    Why does color matter? For people who constantly preach equality, they sure complain about the colors of people a lot. I don't care, as long as the writing is good. I mean...it is Bendis, so it is not good writing, but you know what I mean.

Censorship Sucks

I mean...Bruce is white, Talia is some vague middle eastern nationality (did we ever figure out exactly where Ra's is from). I'd say there's a problem if Damian is black xD
    That could make for a cool story haha Batman on Maury. I heard Talia is 200% for sure the baby is his.

Why does color matter? For people who constantly preach equality, they sure complain about the colors of people a lot. I don't care, as long as the writing is good. I mean...it is Bendis, so it is not good writing, but you know what I mean.
    Unfortunately, equality doesn't exist in the real world. Once it does, then race won't matter in comics. But until it does, pretending that it doesn't matter, being "race-blind," just lends one to not seeing racism. After all, you don't notice it's mostly the minorities getting hours cut or not getting jobs or getting stopped by cops for no reason or, yes, never getting prominent roles or chances to advance in their careers, because you don't see race.

Oh God, I already hate this. And I'm not just talking about Jon.

I heard rumblings that Bendis doesn't write a good Damian but I didn't think he'd be THAT off. The personality is there but the way he talks...just no. And yeah, the extra dark skin has never really...looked right on him. He's mixed. You don't have to downplay the fact that he's Bruce's kid just to make sure it's clear that he's also Talia's. Contrary to what the Tumblr community thinks:

1. It's okay to draw him light skinned and you can do it without making him look white

2. Light skinned people of Arab descent definitely exist xD
    skinned people of Arab descent definitely exist... well, it is obvious that they exist after all of North Africa and the Middle East (Syria, Lebanon and Turkey) were areas where there was a presence of the ancient Greeks and Romans of some must have some European blood even

Checked out the issue, oh my god, I don’t understand how anyone can actually like this garbage run. Bendis gives me a whole new appreciation for Rebirth AND the new 52. Those weren’t perfect, neither of them, but at least the characters usually act like themselves. Seriously worst Superman I’ve ever read.

Incredible Member

When exactly is THAT day?

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    skinned people of Arab descent definitely exist... well, it is obvious that they exist after all of North Africa and the Middle East (Syria, Lebanon and Turkey) were areas where there was a presence of the ancient Greeks and Romans of some must have some European blood even
    As a half-Southern European, I can assure you that Greeks and Romans from ancient times (like nowadays, mostly) are not white like WASP people. You're right that North Africans and Middle Easterners can have skin tones close or similar to those of white Europeans, but that's mostly Southern European, i.e., naturally tanned skins compared to Anglo-Saxons and other Northern Europeans.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Checked out the issue, oh my god, I don’t understand how anyone can actually like this garbage run. Bendis gives me a whole new appreciation for Rebirth AND the new 52. Those weren’t perfect, neither of them, but at least the characters usually act like themselves. Seriously worst Superman I’ve ever read.
    Bendis has wrote some great Superman moments, he was hardly even in this.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bendis has wrote some great Superman moments, he was hardly even in this.
    I meant Superman as in the title of the comic. As in this book sucks. Sorry for the confusion.