Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman issue #16 (Super Sons reunite) preview/(spoiler) discussion

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I really struggle to understand what makes a good Damien in terms of writing. I feel like he's on that Wolverine level where he's had so many different writers his tone/personality is hard to grasp. To the point where you can't necessarily say this is wrong or right, if that makes sense.

Hahaha "do not sell the card collection." What a perfectly kid thing to say. I also really liked "including the the idea you were just thinking of when you think of the dumbest idea I've ever had." It reestablishes and implies their deep friendship. I also dig that we're getting another little bit from Jon's time away in that first page.

If any of you know about my Leviathan theory, you know this is just feeding into it hard. Damian talks about not only stealing tech again, but he also acknowledges that Leviathan is his birthright.

Anyways, I dig the preview quite a bit, and I really dig that the colorist remembered Damian's skin tone. And Lafuente draws the hell out of teen Jon.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-08-2019 at 05:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Anyways, I dig the preview quite a bit, and I really dig that the colorist remembered Damian's skin tone. And Lafuente draws the hell out of teen Jon.
    Damian's skin tone is confusing, because he doesn't really have a "canon" skin tone.

The skin tone Damian had when he first appeared wasn't darker than Bruce. Other artists make his skin darker, but this isn't constant between artists.
    Last edited by Konja7; 10-07-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Damian's skin tone is confusing, because he doesn't really have a "canon" skin tone.

The skin tone Damian had when he first appeared wasn't darker than Bruce. Other artists make his skin darker, but this isn't constant between artists.
    The way I see it, the Robins already all look alike, so any excuse to switch that up a bit is welcomed by me. But no this wasn't what he originally looked like in Morrison's Batman run, and his mother is super inconsistent too.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Gotta say i don't care for how jon is drawn as an adult here. As a kid he looks fine. As for the voice, voice of kid jon is fine.
    #theboysareback
    @superlad's theory is correct that Damian's leviathan. And if the rumours that jon is gonna be superman is true. And if clark really does leave his secret identity and become president of the earth.this is gonna be a tough year. Its nice to have something familiar for once. Then again the kid ain't kid no more

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Gotta say i don't care for how jon is drawn as an adult here. As a kid he looks fine. As for the voice, voice of kid jon is fine.
    #theboysareback
    @superlad's theory is correct that Damian's leviathan. And if the rumours that jon is gonna be superman is true. And if clark really does leave his secret identity and become president of the earth.this is gonna be a tough year. Its nice to have something familiar for once. Then again the kid ain't kid no more
    I am firmly opposed to Superman abandoning his Clark Kent secret identity. I really will not like it, if true.
    Clark Kent is who he was growing up and as reporter for the Planet. It's who Lois Lane fell in love with and married.