Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    She's been the new Wonder Woman before, hasn't she? And not gotten stability out of it? Indeed, I'd say it's the definition of unstable, because no way is it going to last.
    Donna didn't get stability from being Wonder Woman then because she had it. That was after she got her Titan Seed origin back (or a version of it) and that remained her canon origin til after Flashpoint.

The only characters I'll accept as Wonder Woman other than Diana right now are Donna, Nubia, and maybe Artemis.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

The only way I'm even mildly interested in this is if it's Donna (which would seem to be contrary to the intent, as Superman and Batman are being replaced by somewhat "unexpected" choices) AND if they use it as an opportunity to finally do right by Donna's character and give her a simple origin, a clear power set and a great sisterly relationship with Diana.

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of Nubia or Artemis as Wonder Woman, but it seems like they're aiming for "young" heroes to adopt the iconic mantles of the trinity members.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Donna didn't get stability from being Wonder Woman then because she had it. That was after she got her Titan Seed origin back (or a version of it) and that remained her canon origin til after Flashpoint.

The only characters I'll accept as Wonder Woman other than Diana right now are Donna, Nubia, and maybe Artemis.
    I was using stability for more than origin, but cast, location, etc. But maybe she did have it then - my comic knowledge drops off a good bit in the early 2000s for some characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Great idea to replace Diana in the comics when a new movie is coming out, bravo DC bravo.
    I just have a hard time believing the big three (or the entire justice league) will be replaced at one time without it either being a particular storyarc or an alternate reality sort of thing. I still don't think the storyarc is a good idea and think any alternate should be in future, though.

I also don't think movies draw people into comics anymore, but am not sure. Did we see a significant boost in readers for Aquaman or Wonder Woman last time?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I also don't think movies draw people into comics anymore, but am not sure. Did we see a significant boost in readers for Aquaman or Wonder Woman last time?
    Not in floppies. Trades or digital are however much more elastic markets which also reach different demographics. But they are also not covered to the same degree with the Comichron statistics.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I can't say I will be interested in seeing someone else as Wonder Woman outside of Donna and I am not even sure how i feel about that.

I just don't see Donna being picked as a replacement since:

1. She was Wonder Woman before (as shown in the timeline) and

2. She's a gen 2 character.
    Last edited by vasir12; 10-08-2019 at 07:20 AM.

It will be Giganta.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I actually had a thought - WW is the oldest hero now, even if she's deaged it wouldn't be out of place for her to have a daughter now. What if the new WW is going to be Hippolyta Trevor?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I actually had a thought - WW is the oldest hero now, even if she's deaged it wouldn't be out of place for her to have a daughter now. What if the new WW is going to be Hippolyta Trevor?
    With the way they're stretching out the timeline now I guess they could fit in a daughter by this point.

Maybe Greg Rucka's Black Label book will be a surprise origin story ?

I say Amethyst since shes also a princess from another world and it might cool to see a Gem World inspired WW costume

Ooh, I just realized who'd make a perfect unexpected replacement for Diana

3485291-circe_004.jpg

That also fits with the suggestion that Teen Lantern would become the primary Green Lantern. Thing is, the 5G thing is going to affect the Young Justice team whatever happens. Wouldn't make sense for Conner to still be Superboy when the younger Jon is Superman!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That also fits with the suggestion that Teen Lantern would become the primary Green Lantern. Thing is, the 5G thing is going to affect the Young Justice team whatever happens. Wouldn't make sense for Conner to still be Superboy when the younger Jon is Superman!
    Maybe the rumor confused Jon Superboy with Connor Superboy, it's not impossible to two were confused with one another.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Bendis did say that Conner would be getting a new codename eventually.