Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Donna should be the new Wonder Woman, it would give her much needed stability.
    She's been the new Wonder Woman before, hasn't she? And not gotten stability out of it? Indeed, I'd say it's the definition of unstable, because no way is it going to last.

Thumbs up

It looks like a cheap trick. To potentially replace all three members of the Trinity at the same time in the Prime Universe (if that is what will happen) is ludicrous and doomed to fail. Talk about a stunt born of desperation.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

All this G5, G1-G4 stuff is giving me a headache.

The "explanations" from Lee and Didio filtered from second hand sources are about as clear as mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They could but Rich claims the whole point of 5G is to not go with the obvious choices.
    Because that's how legacy works .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCER View Post
    All this G5, G1-G4 stuff is giving me a headache.

The "explanations" from Lee and Didio filtered from second hand sources are about as clear as mud.
    I feel like G5 is either a line of comics set in the future or an a rebooted/retooled version of the current DC Universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    She's been the new Wonder Woman before, hasn't she? And not gotten stability out of it? Indeed, I'd say it's the definition of unstable, because no way is it going to last.
    I don't think Donna was ever Wonder Woman. Cassie was WW in the storyline where the TT fought evil future versions of themselves during Johns run.

I don't think Donna was ever Wonder Woman. Cassie was WW in the storyline where the TT fought evil future versions of themselves during Johns run.
    I was thinking maybe in One Year Later? Of course, it wasn't for long enough to count, I guess. I haven't actually read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I don't think even DC are that stupid. Besides, if they want a black Wonder Woman they could just use Nubia instead.
    Well Nubia would be the smart choice, like you said, so that immediately takes her out of the running. Who knows what the hell they're even thinking, lol...

Wasn't Donna a Leaguer immediately before Flashpoint?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I was just wrapping my mind about DC potentially doing stories of her new early years as the first super hero, and now we might be getting a entirely new WW? Eh.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

They’re laying the groundwork for future movies to meet the ever growing demand for diversity, that’s what this is

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I've said this in the Superman thread but I just feel nothing for this. Like I've read comics long enough that I've have seen pretty much every character get replaced by someone new. I don't feel rage or hype because honestly I know that it will end eventually and revert back, which at this point is not cynicism but instead an identifiable pattern.

However I'm not leaving, I've sat through stuff like this before and can do so again. To be honest replacement characters are nothing to me compared to stories or events that can just flat out ruin characters for years to come (looking at you HIC). So bring on the replacements, I'll just hope that we can get some good to decent writers who have some story ideas and do well with the characters. If were lucky we might get a few stand out character who I will be willing to follow should they get their own ongoing or mini-series.
    Yeah, I'm confident things will revert back eventually, but it may take at least 2 years, minimum. The question is if I want to wait that long again. Eventually good faith kinda runs out with the company.

Great idea to replace Diana in the comics when a new movie is coming out, bravo DC bravo.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I wonder what happens to Diana once she's replaced. Will she become a boutique owner again?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Yeah, I'm confident things will revert back eventually, but it may take at least 2 years, minimum. The question is if I want to wait that long again. Eventually good faith kinda runs out with the company.
    Well then my advice is try something new, and I sincerely mean that. There was a time where I was not ok with how DC and Marvel handled some things and I just left. I went off to read independent series from the likes of Image, Dark Horse, Boom, and etc. and even a few new comic universes that formed like Valiant or Catalyst Prime to see what new things I could experience and I found some really good books that I’ve loved and managed to keep up with. That doesn’t mean you can’t come back to enjoy things here again, a new run a few years down the line could be exactly what you want. Perhaps it may be a while but it doesn’t have to be forever, and maybe you’ll find something you’ll really like out there.

Didn’t mean for it to sound so serious but just my two cents on the matter I guess.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.