Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yeah, Jane Foster is now the be-all, end-all of legacy heroes .
Your issues with her doesn't change the fact that she was one of the top three biggest success stories to come from out of that era, to the point to where she sold more than her original mantle counterpart and captain marvel. So it's clearly obviour Jane resonated quite well with her audience which can't be said the same for Captain America.

Again, the way Marvel set up the ANAD legacy heroes versus their originals did not seem to leave much room for a shared mantle situation. Like the aforementioned Jane Foster, there really wasn't much room for the original Thor with how they approached her and I don't see how that dynamic would have worked without compromising Thor's character any more then they did.

I guess they could do like they do with Peter and Miles where they keep them as separate from each other as possible to the point where it doesn't matter that someone else is using the codename, moreso from Peter's standpoint then Miles since it gets mentioned so much in Miles' book that there's another Spider-Man. The closer Peter and Miles are the less the dynamic seems to work, at least without seriously altering either character.

Wish more of those people who had supported them from the beginning had shown up for their subsequent new series.
And Again, I disagree, there was more then another leeway to allow them to share the same mantle and each story had it's own elements on how they could keep the mantle. The only one that would have been difficult would have been Thor due to her powers being tied to mjornir, but that could have been solved easily by an alternate reality mjornir entering their universe. As such, sharing the mantle was not a problem storywise. The problem would have been classic fans not wanting two heroes to share the same name, and that's something you can't do little about.