Page 103 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2012
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Frontier and I are talking about those direct to DVD movies like Red Son that came out yesterday. Those are aimed at the hardcore only which is why he and I are skeptical of any claims they’ll be replacing Bruce Wayne with Luke Fox. These movies barely make any money as it is, I doubt swapping the characters out with people no one has heard of (no offense to Luke Fox) will help.

Ah yes, that I agree with. That's why I was asking for clarification on which type of animation are we talking about. Those direct to dvd animated series I agree I don't see any adjustment to those because those shows definitely cater towards a specific audience (though they may try to expand that area as well, especially since it's arguably DC's strongest media property.) But regular cartoons and animated movies in the theater/dc universe I can definitely see adjustments made.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Leo is basing his belief on Didio telling him there were “big plans” for Val-Zod when he asked Didio about Val at a panel last year (I think it was at SDCC but Leo can correct me if otherwise). Leo thinks that those “plans” involve Val taking over one of the main Superman books to co-star with Jon. To be honest I find that a big leap in logic myself, but I didn’t want to be a dick and crush Leo’s dreams. “Plans” is such a nebulous term that it could mean anything from “we’ve talked about Val showing up in cameos”, which HAS happened, to the opposite extreme that Leo has settled on which is that Val will be starring in one of the main books. None of the 5G rumors have mentioned Val at all like you said, and there’s no real indication he’ll be playing a major role like Leo thinks. With Didio gone it’s even less likely. We won’t know for sure until 5G gets officially revealed and explained.

We will have to agree to disagree. The original nugget was a few years ago when Bendis specifically stated he had plans for Val Zod (I believe it was at NYCC.) But didn't go into details. That plan has not happened yet. I personally asked Dan Didio at SDCC last year (which wasn't reported in comic websites by the way) about Val Zod, and Didio specifically stated they had big plans for Val Zod in 2020, which supposedly is the same time that 5g is supposed to debut. Bendis has not done anything Val Zod so far, and we definitely haven't seen anything involving Val Zod in 2020 so far. Combine that with Michael B Jordan push with WB executive for a black superman, and to me, this point to Val Zod coming in a way for 5g.

And that's why I said you can't fully trust the rumor sites, because as mentioned earlier, none of the major comic book websites reported my question during the SDCC panel, which clearly indicates there was/is a lack of interest in reporting about the character at comic book news websites.

Now is it possible that the plans got scrapped? Possibly, but highly unlikely. This is Bendis, who created Miles Morales. He knows quite well how powerful a representation having someone like Val Zod can be. Now I'm not saying the rumor sites are wrong and that jon kent role is actually going to be replaced by Val Zod. I'm just saying I'm expecting to see Val Zod come in a major way, based on Bendis past history and Dan Didio statement for big plans for him this year.

(Edit: Val Zod only cameo so far was a Earth 2 shot during Justice League when the main teams of different universes gathered together, and even that was just a drawing of him standing there with other members of Earth 2. I wouldn't really consider that a cameo lol.)
    Last edited by leo619; 02-27-2020 at 09:27 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Tell you what, val zod can be superman in both books.just turn jon back to kid and have him far away from bendis. Everyone is happy.Jon being superman done this way is nonsense.This would have been a dream come true.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-27-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Batmanick Grayson
    RedRobin: Jason Todd
    ORACLE: Tim Drake
    Superman: Conner Kent
    G.L. :Kyle Rayne
    Flash: Wally West
    Wonder Woman : Troya/Donna Troy
    Green Arrow: N/A
    JLA: Would be the Titans
    Aquaman: Merra, The Aqua woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    We will have to agree to disagree. The original nugget was a few years ago when Bendis specifically stated he had plans for Val Zod (I believe it was at NYCC.) But didn't go into details. That plan has not happened yet. I personally asked Dan Didio at SDCC last year (which wasn't reported in comic websites by the way) about Val Zod, and Didio specifically stated they had big plans for Val Zod in 2020, which supposedly is the same time that 5g is supposed to debut. Bendis has not done anything Val Zod so far, and we definitely haven't seen anything involving Val Zod in 2020 so far. Combine that with Michael B Jordan push with WB executive for a black superman, and to me, this point to Val Zod coming in a way for 5g.

And that's why I said you can't fully trust the rumor sites, because as mentioned earlier, none of the major comic book websites reported my question during the SDCC panel, which clearly indicates there was/is a lack of interest in reporting about the character at comic book news websites.

Now is it possible that the plans got scrapped? Possibly, but highly unlikely. This is Bendis, who created Miles Morales. He knows quite well how powerful a representation having someone like Val Zod can be. Now I'm not saying the rumor sites are wrong and that jon kent role is actually going to be replaced by Val Zod. I'm just saying I'm expecting to see Val Zod come in a major way, based on Bendis past history and Dan Didio statement for big plans for him this year.

(Edit: Val Zod only cameo so far was a Earth 2 shot during Justice League when the main teams of different universes gathered together, and even that was just a drawing of him standing there with other members of Earth 2. I wouldn't really consider that a cameo lol.)
    He was also in that Multiverse story that Tomasi did during his Superman run where Superman man met New Super-man

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy80 View Post
    Batmanick Grayson
    RedRobin: Jason Todd
    ORACLE: Tim Drake
    Superman: Conner Kent
    G.L. :Kyle Rayne
    Flash: Wally West
    Wonder Woman : Troya/Donna Troy
    Green Arrow: N/A
    JLA: Would be the Titans
    Aquaman: Merra, The Aqua woman
    Why would Jason take a demotion of Red Robin? He already had that title, once upon a time.

Best leave him as Red Hood.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Miles was in animation on the small-screen before Into the Spider-Verse, ditto Kamala and JaneThor before their MCU debuts, although never really as headliners unless you think of Kamala as the headliner for Marvel Rising.
    Well part of the issue with Direct to DVD animated movies is not every store will stock them. If they do it's a FEW copies.

Take Black Panther's animated movie. I have seen four copies of that movie in ONE store in Dallas/Fort Worth area. 1 at the library, 1 sealed copy at Movie Trading Post and 2 used copies at Half Price books.

Static Shock season sets-NOWHERE.

The series where Miles showed up voiced by Donald Glover-aside from the public library-No store here had that series.

DC movies-I can find used copies way faster than new ones. The first set of Young Justice dvds I never saw in stores. The releases with 10+ shows I saw them way more after the show was axed.

Same issue with Live Action Titans & Doom Patrol-you can find the regular dvds but the blue rays have to be ordered online at least for Target. Wal-Mart don't carry them.

Plus they do these films so well in advance that I'm not sure if they were privy to 5G at all.
    Depends on how long it takes to make a movie or when it was green lighted.

Disney took 4 years on a film in the past-like Little Mermaid came out in 1989. They were working on it back in 1984-85.
    Family Guy and those shows need at least a year to do a season. I remember someone saying that they need an advance notice for show.

If 5G was an option early-we would have seen it by now. To test the waters of using guys like Luke as Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well part of the issue with Direct to DVD animated movies is not every store will stock them. If they do it's a FEW copies.

Take Black Panther's animated movie. I have seen four copies of that movie in ONE store in Dallas/Fort Worth area. 1 at the library, 1 sealed copy at Movie Trading Post and 2 used copies at Half Price books.

Static Shock season sets-NOWHERE.

The series where Miles showed up voiced by Donald Glover-aside from the public library-No store here had that series.

DC movies-I can find used copies way faster than new ones. The first set of Young Justice dvds I never saw in stores. The releases with 10+ shows I saw them way more after the show was axed.

Same issue with Live Action Titans & Doom Patrol-you can find the regular dvds but the blue rays have to be ordered online at least for Target. Wal-Mart don't carry them.

Depends on how long it takes to make a movie or when it was green lighted.

Disney took 4 years on a film in the past-like Little Mermaid came out in 1989. They were working on it back in 1984-85.
    Family Guy and those shows need at least a year to do a season. I remember someone saying that they need an advance notice for show.

If 5G was an option early-we would have seen it by now. To test the waters of using guys like Luke as Batman.
    I don't know about smaller stores, but I see Wal-Mart get those direct to video movies. And they get them right when the hard copies are released.

Maybe it’s because we can buy the digital version of the movie a good number of days earlier then the dvd release. I’ll be honest, I’d much rather by the movies digitally today then wait a week or two to possibly get it if it’s in stock.

I mean think about Red Son is out right now for Digital, the DVD’s not out until March 17. I know which I’m getting in that scenario.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox was the movie that ushered the New 52 stuff into the current crop of media adaptations, and that was 2 years after it happened in the comics. Any impact 5G would have on such things wouldn't immediately be happening anyway.

Thought this was a cool image, at least of Gary Frank’s G1 Wonder Woman.

1FE2D4E8-7DEE-47F0-9382-42B0811DF9FF.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Where did you find that?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Where did you find that?
    I was on this site, apparently they got it from the May 2020 previews.

https://insidepulse.com/2020/02/27/d...f-america-jsa/
    Words to live by.

That's an interesting symbol there for 5G. Luke's Bat?

I like it. That is a badass Golden Age Wonder Woman.

Honestly, the idea of a real time history is fascinating. If, when this whole thing hits, the entire line isn't 5G and DC publishes books in different eras, it *could* be utterly f*cking fabulous. The new guys are welcome to try their hand at being replacements, as long as I still can still read the real guys too.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.