Page 50 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

While you'd logically expect Red Arrow Emiko Queen or Arsenal Roy Harper to get the Green Arrow role, or for Connor Hawke to be returned to continuity, what if they instead brought back Mia Dearden, Speedy, in that role? She's the closest counterpart to the character taking over as Green Arrow in the TV show (same first name, anyway), so that's the best they can do for synergy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Reading doesn’t seem to be anyone’s strong suit in this thread. But to answer your ORIGINAL post.

I think it’ll be Jon Kent as Superman, Luke Fox as Batman. I can see Avery and Kaldur taking up the Flash and Aquaman mantles. Green Lantern is up in the air, in my opinion because it’s not a mantle. It’s a rank. I don’t know why people don’t get that. Wonder Woman? I got nothing. I’m curious to see where it all goes instead of being angry and wishing for something to fail.
    You're preaching on deaf ears dude. DC is gonna do what DC is gonna do in spite of all logic.

Since they're reportedly unconventional choices:
    • Superman: Amazing Man
    • Wonder Woman: Big Barda
    • Batman: Midnighter
    • Aquaman: I can't think of any other male water-based hero other than Aqualad (and that fish guy just got killed, otherwise I'd have said him)
    • Green Lantern: Arisia
    • Flash: XS (back from Hypertime or whatever via the Speed Force)
    • Green Arrow: Ambush Bug

BANNED

Mary Marvel as Wonder Woman would be cool.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Anyway...

For the people who think there's gonna be a timeskip before G5 takes over, why do you think that? And how many years do you think will go by or do you think that will be undisclosed?
    Basically I think after Snyder's crisis event we're going to get something between a 3 to 5 year time skip. My main reasoning is mainly based on hints from DC's past. They actually attempted something similar with Infinite Crisis in the form of "One Year Later." That also saw Clark, Diana, and Bruce step down for a while for their own reasons, but obviously no direct replacements. Then over in Legion of Super-Heroes, one of the most famous and beloved runs that, if you look close enough, most of the creators working today are directly inspired by went down: "5 Years Later". The naming convention and the "look were they are now" feel of it is 100% the inspiration for "One Year Later". And of course we have the New 52 that worked under a 5 year timeline from Johns' first JL arc. Didio and Lee specifically mention that one the mistakes of the New 52 in their eyes was the time line not being hammered out before they jumped you into the new versions of the heroes. Thus, makes a lot of sense that they'd hammer out a real timeline now, but, like the New 52 they'd leave 5 years for totally new back story for our older heroes and our newer heroes. It's the Legion 5 years later effect.

This would essentially allow them to relaunch the books as if this were a reboot, have new leads as if this were a reboot, have 5 years of new history as if this were reboot, but still keep all the older history.

At first I though Jon would be the only one experiencing a 4 even 5 year time skip with the Legion in an "Ultimate" version of 5 Years Later, but I've since backed down from that theory. As I understand it, you're a fan of Naomi, right? Well, part of the reason I backed down form the theory was because I noticed how many parallels Bendis was creating between not just her and Superman, but also specifically her and Jon Kent. Then I noticed that they're even the same age (17). It seems very likely that they'll remain contemporaries.

Young Justice being an ongoing book for Wonder Comics was my biggest question mark though. How could you age them up 4 to 5 years and still be Young Justice? The show answered that by injecting new younger members and having the older ones as mentors and "upperclassmen" (apparently there's plans for Tim and Steph in the bat books outside of YJ). This lets them stay in the book and the book stay in the Wonder Comics line, but it also allows the current members to age. Teen Lantern was sort of my tip off to this. Several times Bendis made a point to make sure we knew that she was 11 years old. If you time skip 4 to 5 years she becomes 15 or 16, and not only fills out her name better, but also stays more in line the age of comic teenage characters. And Bendis did specficially say that the way that he'll be adding members to the team won't be what you'd expect, and that he'll be taking some inspiration from the show.

The time skip also allows for things like Leviathan to really take root as DC's SHIELD, Aquaman and Mera's kid to be up and running (possibly Wonder Girl's too if my theory is right), and things like the New Krypton outpost in Superman to have made some headway.

And just as a bit of fun trivia, 5 Years Later over in the Legion book from the 80s actually had Sun Boy become President of Earth/the United Planets after leaving the Legion, and now we have Superman about to become the President of Earth in the present with a possible time skip in the making. *Shrugs* I think it's a deliberate "Ultimate" style tip of the hat to that.

I fully admit that it's very tinfoil hat-y, but I think there's a real chance of this. Sorry for the length of this message btw.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 11-07-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    You're preaching on deaf ears dude. DC is gonna do what DC is gonna do in spite of all logic.
    This was more directed at the fans, to be honest. We always like to call the publisher out on things. Fans aren’t exempt from criticism.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    So Legion of Super Heroes all but confirmed what 5G is doing in a not-subtly subtle way. No real clues on replacements though. Jon is the only one I'm almost 100% sure on. Luke, a close-ish second.
    What was the not-subtly subtle way confirmation of 5G?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    What was the not-subtly subtle way confirmation of 5G?
    Original superman and original - original - batman thing. Jon is going to be second superman. Luke is going to be second batman that takes over with intention of being permanent. Terry would be the third. So, two original for bruce and only one for clark

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Original superman and original - original - batman thing. Jon is going to be second superman. Luke is going to be second batman that takes over with intention of being permanent. Terry would be the third. So, two original for bruce and only one for clark
    Eh. It's not like this would be the first time those characters were replaced. It could be a hint to 5G, but it could also just be a nod to past continuity and futures we've already seen.

Also Clark Kent was said to be the "20th century" Superman, not "21st." Normally I wouldn't think anything of that but with all this talk on this new timeline...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Eh. It's not like this would be the first time those characters were replaced. It could be a hint to 5G, but it could also just be a nod to past continuity and futures we've already seen.
    Superman wasn't much replaced. And dick being batman has been temporary thing. It could have not been even recorded history .
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-08-2019 at 09:03 AM.

What about Jean-Paul and Jim? Unlike Dick, it was obvious those two weren't Bruce.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ambush Bug as Green Arrow appeals to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Also Clark Kent was said to be the "20th century" Superman, not "21st." Normally I wouldn't think anything of that but with all this talk on this new timeline...
    Bendis did say that the final page of LOSH #1 would hint at what's coming up with DC, so the "20th century" line jumped out at me too.

Jon is basically in a timeskip right now. The legion and his space travel is that. But, other than that it will give 5g thing freshness. We will essentially be dropped into new landscape where clark is busy presidenting. Bruce will be brooding around the corner assisting luke. Damian might be levanthian.(the guy is too concerned about jon)

If 5G Damian is leviathan who's come from the future with his legion ring then how is he interacting with young him? There wouldn't be two of them am I right?