Page 38 of 135 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Comic Geek in General

i Still think Iris (Wally’s Daughter) would be ages up from her time in the Multiverse would be The Flash

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay I can believe Jon, Luke, and potentially Jo(though Id rather see Simon and Jessica). But I’m a little hesitant to even remotely trust the idea that Captain Boomerang’s son would be the Flash. I’m sorry but that just feels so far removed that it doesn’t feel even remotely real.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...-dc-comics-5g/
    Owen hasn’t been seen since Blackest Night........

It would be interesting though if by 5G he and Kara are close to each other in age......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Where’s the Latino or Asian rep DC?
    Wonder Woman5G and Aquaman5G haven't been announced or even rumored.

Maybe Lorena Marquez or Peng Deilan will return or new characters will be created.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 10-22-2019 at 10:05 AM.

BANNED

So can we already call Owen and Jo becoming a couple?

An Australian Flash reminds me of Johnny Quick from Crisis on Two Earths.

This flash news sounds ways too random... It's possible that this choice is still "in flux" like the other ones were.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post

Seems like the Green Lantern from the upcoming "Far Sector" Jo might be the next main lantern
    Eh. I'm curious about Far Sector and I suppose it makes more sense for the new GL to be an actual adult rather than a teenage girl, but like I said before, anytime you decide to replace Hal Jordan with someone else you give people the impression the new character only serves as "the replacement" until he comes back. The fact that this isn't even The Trinity, but Green Lantern, a mantle that's supposed to be shared by multiple characters and yet DC still feels that the only way to put the spotlight on someone else is for Hal to go away, basically makes any other character look like a placeholder. That's what DC gets for the way they've been structuring their legacy series for all those decades.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-22-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Seems like the Green Lantern from the upcoming "Far Sector" Jo might be the next main lantern
    Sheesh DC!!! I strongly dislike ALL this replacement crap they're throwing out there.
    Why would I want to read about THIS character?????
    We've already got Lanterns. Why not Jessica Cruz???
    I so hope this 5G Nonsense goes down like the Super Imperial Star Destroyer into the 2nd Deathstar!
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I do find it strange that Jessica isn't being considered. She's one of the most popular new characters with a pretty interesting personality. I guess we'll see what Jo is all about tomorrow. Either way, they definitely look like they want a woman to take the spot.

If they do go with her then I'd say that shouldn't use Jackson as Aquaman. I'd rather this Justice league not be filled with just white and black people. Wonder woman is still up in the air as well. You'd think that BC would be able to get a scoop on that one sooner but I guess DC might play that closer to the chest...

I do find it strange that Jessica isn't being considered. She's one of the most popular new characters with a pretty interesting personality. I guess we'll see what Jo is all about tomorrow. Either way, they definitely look like they want a woman to take the spot.

If they do go with her then I'd say that shouldn't use Jackson as Aquaman. I'd rather this Justice league not be filled with just white and black people. Wonder woman is still up in the air as well. You'd think that BC would be able to get a scoop on that one sooner but I guess DC might play that closer to the chest...
    Maybe Dolphin?

Honestly, I don't care anymore. Only series I plan on following is Red Hood. DC is doing everything in its power to push me away from its comics.

I haven't read through this thread so maybe this issue has already been raised but my question is what's going to happen to Clark, Bruce, Diana, Barry, Hal, and Arthur.

If it were one of them being replaced I'd think, "Okay, someone's retiring" or something like that.

But, being it's 6/7 founding JL members, I think a big part of this story must be what's going on with the originals.

It seems to me like they must all be off somewhere, possibly on a mission, possibly presumed dead. But all six can't just be ceding their identities to new characters.

I think the question of the original 6 is going to be at least as significant as the replacements.

Astonishing Member

This flash news sounds ways too random... It's possible that this choice is still "in flux" like the other ones were.
    Earlier rumors said that most of the replacements were to be as random as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I haven't read through this thread so maybe this issue has already been raised but my question is what's going to happen to Clark, Bruce, Diana, Barry, Hal, and Arthur.

If it were one of them being replaced I'd think, "Okay, someone's retiring" or something like that.

But, being it's 6/7 founding JL members, I think a big part of this story must be what's going on with the originals.

It seems to me like they must all be off somewhere, possibly on a mission, possibly presumed dead. But all six can't just be ceding their identities to new characters.

I think the question of the original 6 is going to be at least as significant as the replacements.
    Possibly. You also have to take into the account that the implementation of this new timeline could age a lot of these heroes quite a bit. It could very well be that they're either past their prime to be crime fighting or assuming higher positions.

It could also be that they died but I'd hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

I actually think a coincidental ceding of their roles is exactly what's going to happen. I think Clark retires because of his job as "Earth President". Bruce and Selina I think really will get married when all is said and done and he steps away too to a degree. Same thing with the others. While I can't remember right now I think I even read an article theorizing how the current goings-on in Flash could facilitate Barry's leaving the role. I mean, maybe there will be one that meets a bad fate or is mysteriously gone or something along those lines, but right now I'm doubting its going to be something singular that happens to the whole team. Anything's possible at this stage, but I personally lean toward the former just based on what's going on right now in the individual lives of some of the big seven characters already.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-22-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Wonder Woman5G and Aquaman5G haven't been announced or even rumored.

Maybe Lorena Marquez or Peng Deilan will return or new characters will be created.
    Jackson Hyde is rumored to be 5G!Aquaman. It's been hinted that's why he turned up in the current Aquaman un.
    Especially with Owen Mercer not even being a thing for almost a decade. Like, I guess he'd fit the random portion, but I don't think anyone in their right mind could see him as The Flash.

I also thought part of the appeal of having Jo in Far Sector was that she didn't have to compete with the other Green Lanterns by being in a main continuity book. Now she'll be the new, main, Green Lantern.

I think Jessica might be disqualified by virtue of having already lead a Green Lantern book. (Sure, it was Green Lanterns, but still)