Martian Manhunter: Jemm
    Hawk representative: Skreal

I, too, want to watch the world burn.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Welcome to the club!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Superman: Kyrpto
    Batman: Alfred
    Wonder Woman: Ferdinand
    The Flash: Joan Garrick
    Green Lantern: Ch'p
    Aquaman: Vulko

I'd actually buy this. I'm not kidding. Krypto chasing Ch'p through Wayne Manor? I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Tamara's the teenager.

Tiffany got older in Gail Simone's five years later story and became one of the Batgirl alongside Steph and Cass

Tiffany's an adult in Telltale Batman set in Bruce's early year as Batman
    I'm sorry - I thought they'd switched in (pre-Rebirth) N52, with Tiffany being younger. But I haven't read anything with them since N52 launched, so I guess I just got it wrong. Unless you mean she was, but then they swapped it with Gail Simone's story?

If the 5G stuff is near future, I think it could be a lot of fun.
    If it's in the present, it will get the DC You backlash all over again, doesn't seem like the smartest move.

Comic Geek in General

Superman: Jon Kent
    Batman: Luke Fox, according to all the supposed scoops (apparently, as opposed to say making Damien Batman like in the 666 Future)
    Wonder Woman: I say either Donna or Cassie
    The Flash: with Wally out of the running, Wallace would be the logical choice
    Aquaman: probably Jackson Hyde
    Green Lantern: Kyle Rayner, or John Stewart, or Simon Baz or Jessica Cruz.....as they all took the spot in the past.....
    Nightwing: if Damien isn’t Batman, make him Nightwing
    Blue Beetle: we’ll, Jamie has been the Blue Beetle since Infinite Crisis, I say keep that and keep Ted as the mentor
    The Atom: odds are Ryan Choi
    Hawkman: Whatever Carter reincarnates as....

Superman: Kyrpto
    Batman: Alfred
    Wonder Woman: Ferdinand
    The Flash: Joan Garrick
    Green Lantern: Ch'p
    Aquaman: Vulko

Actually, that looks like a fun combination.

Comic Geek in General

But where would Barbara go? Become the new Batwoman? And what of Kara? Make her the Prime Earth/ Earth Zero Power Girl?

I really don't think EVERYONE needs to change. Particularly the ones that were either unborn or kids during gen 2. Nightwing would have no reason to pass on his title.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    If the 5G stuff is near future, I think it could be a lot of fun.
    If it's in the present, it will get the DC You backlash all over again, doesn't seem like the smartest move.
    Even "near future" would prove problematic eventually. What happens when someone gets an idea for a present day story that contradicts with the "near future" canon? Eventually, be it a few years down the line or whatever, the near future canon will begin to be overwritten by new ideas for the present day stuff. Its inevitable. To have a strict code of what happens in the future is too limiting, outside of concepts such as Legion and Kamandi, things that are so far ahead and so far removed from connective tissue to the present its not a problem. A 5th generation future is just way too close and too connected to the present. Its at least part of the reason why they've never tried a comprehensive future before. Its pointless. Future tales are best left as what-ifs.

That said, I'm doubting that's the aim. If they're specifically going out of their way to age up Jon again for the role, that means its probably taking place in the present-day. Which will be a disaster in its own right. Basically I'm still of the opinion there's no way to do this well.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-10-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Even "near future" would prove problematic eventually. What happens when someone gets an idea for a present day story that contradicts with the "near future" canon? Eventually, be it a few years down the line or whatever, the near future canon will begin to be overwritten by new ideas for the present day stuff. Its inevitable. To have a strict code of what happens in the future is too limiting, outside of concepts such as Legion and Kamandi, things that are so far ahead and so far removed from connective tissue to the present its not a problem. Its at least part of the reason why they've never tried a comprehensive future before. Its pointless. Future tales are best left as what-ifs.
    Especially when the "near future" stuff will be competing with the main, present-day, stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I really don't think EVERYONE needs to change. Particularly the ones that were either unborn or kids during gen 2. Nightwing would have no reason to pass on his title.
    Thematically, I'd say Nightwing shouldn't be passed on, as the point made (at least in some versions) was coming into his own/growing up/being his own man, and taking inspiration from a particular source. Someone else stepping into it defeats the theme. I mean, that would never stop a company from doing do if they wanted to (and it's been kinda done, anyway), but I really, specifically, don't think it works well for that identity.

Another Nightwing not derived from Dick's (like Chris') could work, but would need to not be Bat-associated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Thematically, I'd say Nightwing shouldn't be passed on, as the point made (at least in some versions) was coming into his own/growing up/being his own man, and taking inspiration from a particular source. Someone else stepping into it defeats the theme. I mean, that would never stop a company from doing do if they wanted to (and it's been kinda done, anyway), but I really, specifically, don't think it works well for that identity.

Another Nightwing not derived from Dick's (like Chris') could work, but would need to not be Bat-associated.
    I agree. Some super identities should be held more personal than others. I can see the big 6 swapping cause their symbols are that big but people like Nightwing? Cyborg? Raven? No way.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I don't think Dick is going to change from being Nightwing any time soon. We JUST got him back in the role.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I don't know, but I wouldn't bank on using logic here, because a lot of this is illogical. I mean think of the WW situation. On one hand she's being rewarded by a new idea of her being the first superhero. On the other hand she's being replaced in the modern day. For Wonder Woman fans, in my opinion, that is a distinct net loss. Will they get to see her adventures in the 40s with the JSA? It sounds like that might be a thing. But that's where she'd be stuck, in the past. I have a hard time seeing fans being cool with that, same with the other major characters. It sends a message of "Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, and Diana Prince belong in the past. If you want now, if you want the future, you get Jon Kent, Luke Fox, and some other girl no one wants in the role".
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El