Page 17 of 135 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I really don't think EVERYONE needs to change. Particularly the ones that were either unborn or kids during gen 2.
    Agreed. My ideal "classic/legacy" balance is about 80/20 to 70/30 at most.

HOWEVER, DC has been burning me (and others with similar preferences) for ten to 15 years at this point. So the brief period where everyone else suffers alongside us will be fun!

Nightwing would have no reason to pass on his title.
    I also agree, but in the eventuality that he is no longer Nightwing for whatever reason, I think Damian would be happy to take on the role.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 10-10-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

Quoting because this is the most interesting post on the first page to me lol.

I think Jackson is very likely now, since he's even mentioned in the timeline when a more prominent character like Jessica Cruz isn't, and you know, Young Justice: Outsiders is a thing.

I can see why you chose Carol, but I personally don't see that happening. I think they'd want to pull from younger or newer characters. Which is probably why I think Avery is a good choice for the new Flash, although I'm not too certain about it. Doomsday Clock implies she'd be with the Great Twenty in China, but as the Fastest Person Alive, I guess she'd be able to manage taking care of the whole planet or something.

Atlantiades is the character I know the least about, only that some people ship her with Diana and that's cool. Is there a specific reason she might make sense, or just you best guess?
    I chose Atlantiades and the others mainly because I was looking to current runs as reference points to what characters might be in play. Jon, Avery, Jackson, Atlantiades, they're all showing up in the books recently and all viable candidates for their positions in terms of powers.

Carol, well, it was tricky for me to think of a good candidate since Hal's been dicking around in space for a year, so I just thought about what GL supporting cast standbys could work.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

HOWEVER, DC has been burning me (and others with similar preferences) for ten to 15 years at this point. So the brief period where everyone else suffers alongside us will be fun!

I also agree, but in the eventuality that he is no longer Nightwing for whatever reason, I think Damian would be happy to take on the role.
    I mean Damien has spent his whole life defining himself by others so why forge his own path now?

https://www.comicsbeat.com/everythin...-dc-comics-5g/

ComicBeat was a supporting report and also suggest that Jackson Hyde is around for a reason.
    Last edited by vasir12; 10-10-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean Damien has spent his whole life defining himself by others so why forge his own path now?
    Part of what defines Damian is his massive inferiority complex, IMO.

And he does have a soft spot for Dick.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Careful how you word that last part; don't want to be misconstrued.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Careful how you word that last part; don't want to be misconstrued.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    At least not while he is barely a teen. Good point!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm still waiting for someone to tear into him for it...

"Robin, son of Batman, grandson of the demon, heir to the Bat and now you're trying to be Nightwing? Damien, when are you going to come out of everyone else's shadow and finally be your own man?"

Even in possible futures, he's either Batman or Ras. He never actually does something his own. I get Nightwing is a nod to a Kryptonian hero Clark told Dick about, so if someone wants to count that as a legacy then fine, but he at least created Robin.

All Damien does is declare himself as the best at what he sets his mind to and then copies people, but more of an ass. I'm still convinced the only thing Damien did best was pilot a pine box six feet under.

ComicBeat was a supporting report and also suggest that Jackson Hyde is around for a reason.
    I'm a tad disappointed if the only reason they put Jackson into the Aquaman books was to set up a replacement storyline.

I had a feeling this was going to be the case, I'm glad we finally have another source besides BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Personally, I see it as Damian following the path of the one he actually admires the most. One of his defining characteristics is his inferiority complex, which is why he tends to use his claim to the mantle of Batman to make himself feel bigger. Instead of going down the path of one he feels he must take, which we know takes him and Gotham to ruin in the future, he becomes Nightwing. In this case, Dick would be to Damian as Clark was to Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I chose Atlantiades and the others mainly because I was looking to current runs as reference points to what characters might be in play. Jon, Avery, Jackson, Atlantiades, they're all showing up in the books recently and all viable candidates for their positions in terms of powers.

Carol, well, it was tricky for me to think of a good candidate since Hal's been dicking around in space for a year, so I just thought about what GL supporting cast standbys could work.
    Well, based on the ComicBeat article, you were on the right track with at least one of your guesses, so maybe the rest of them are accurate too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm a tad disappointed if the only reason they put Jackson into the Aquaman books was to set up a replacement storyline.
    Well they do need to build the character up. He's one that's always in demand but is so rarely used that he gets no attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Well they do need to build the character up. He's one that's always in demand but is so rarely used that he gets no attention.
    Yeah, but...the only reason they finally had Aqualad show up in the actual Aquaman book was to set up a replacement story?

It's like when Bendis had War Machine show up in his second Iron Man arc because he knew he was going to kill Rhodey off.

Superman: Parasite
    Wonder Woman: Giganta
    Batman: Killer Croc
    Aquaman: King SHARK
    Green Lantern: Sinnestro
    Flash: Mayfly
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...dc-comics-5gt/

The new rumor is that all major DC heroes will be getting new legacy iterations. This isn’t a thread to discuss whether or not you like this. This is a thread to fan craft just who you would chose to ascend to the titles next.

• Superman:
    • Wonder Woman:
    • Batman:
    • Aquaman:
    • Green Lantern:
    • Flash:

Just throwing a sample list for Justice Leaguers there, but feel free to try out any identity!

The rumor is that they’ll be unconventional choices, so be creative!
    You could Milestone the JLA, w. president Superman, Nubia, Batwing...

...Aqualad, GL John Stewart, Kid Flash, and speaking of Milestone, Icon as J’onn, the team’s OTHER Superman level character...

Not all that creative, but it’d get some buzz on the news sites...!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 10-10-2019 at 07:54 PM.

The only reason Dick would hand the Nightwing mantle to someone else is if he became Batman. Damian was Dick's Robin last time he was Batman, though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The only reason Dick would hand the Nightwing mantle to someone else is if he became Batman.
    Or died. Or retired. Or get shot in the head and lose his memories.

It's comics, an excuse can always be whipped up.