Page 23 of 135 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Random thought: Stargirl is getting a show next year, is likely to get a new book, she's been in limbo for years now, 5G will be the big thing next year...will they re-introduce Stargirl as debuting with the fifth generation?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Random thought: Stargirl is getting a show next year, is likely to get a new book, she's been in limbo for years now, 5G will be the big thing next year...will they re-introduce Stargirl as debuting with the fifth generation?
    Possibly.i wonder if Geoff john’s will write it?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm still waiting for someone to tear into him for it...

"Robin, son of Batman, grandson of the demon, heir to the Bat and now you're trying to be Nightwing? Damien, when are you going to come out of everyone else's shadow and finally be your own man?"

Even in possible futures, he's either Batman or Ras. He never actually does something his own. I get Nightwing is a nod to a Kryptonian hero Clark told Dick about, so if someone wants to count that as a legacy then fine, but he at least created Robin.

All Damien does is declare himself as the best at what he sets his mind to and then copies people, but more of an ass. I'm still convinced the only thing Damien did best was pilot a pine box six feet under.
    Well he was also RedBird and he can answer that question after he hits puberty.
    Isn't that the same for pretty much majority of legacy characters aside from Nightwing and Redhood?

I think Luke is qualified to be Batman. He is Batwing and has all the skills necessary of course Dick makes more sense but after the Ric nonsense I'd rather Dc focus on building his brand Nightwing back up with him in the Blue and Black.

Why Jon Kent not Kara or Conner as Superman is what I don't get.
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-13-2019 at 03:47 AM.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Maybe. Given how the comics are independent of everything else, it isn't a given. I think we would see a YA novel before a comic.

DC’s comic department pretends DC Universe shows don’t exist.

BANNED

Stargirl has been seen in New 52, albeit stripped of her JSA ties.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This whole things feels like it will be a disaster. I can't imagine that anyone really cares about another generation of heroes when most feel the heroes they follow and like are constantly getting slighted because DC is crowded enough already.
    I'm a very casual DC reader and I'm interested in this new "replacements" I tied to get into DC last 2 crisis started reading a few book's from issue 1 but somehow old continuity comes back or they team up with Superman *snore* or Batman even bigger *SNORE* etc
    Its kinda ridiculous if fans are thinking these characters are getting slighted in Any way

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'm pretty sure people like Didio are on record saying they would rather have readers be upset and angry than indifferent. He said something like that. Since angry fans still buy and talk about the books they hate while indifferent people don't. So I think that having readers say they "hate" something is a response that DC sometimes goes after because they want to invoke that reaction from their fans. It kind of breeds a bad culture of readers reacting negatively to things even when DC doesn't want to have them react negatively.
    lol nah comic book fans are ironically (sadly) VERY resistance to changes in the status quo and quick to judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If true, I find that to be an incredibly counterproductive tactic. Being in the reaction business isn't paying their bills.
    It's not true. O believe this is what that poster is trying to reference.....
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/07...#disqus_thread
    GrindrStone(D)

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I'm a very casual DC reader and I'm interested in this new "replacements" I tied to get into DC last 2 crisis started reading a few book's from issue 1 but somehow old continuity comes back or they team up with Superman *snore* or Batman even bigger *SNORE* etc
    Its kinda ridiculous if fans are thinking these characters are getting slighted in Any way
    The character that is meant to relpace superman is itself getting slighted and had gotten slighted. Jon shouldn't be an adult, right now. Let alone superman. Bendis basically erased the kid and replaced him with his own teen version.so clark getting shafted and legion being ripped from him is pretty big slight. Now, he is not even gonna be superman. That's gotta be hard.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-12-2019 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Possibly.i wonder if Geoff john’s will write it?
    I hope not. Johns has been rather inconsistent scheduling wise lately.

As for the change aspect, I'd agree that no matter what they did, many internet comic fans would riot. We have no way of knowing the overall consensus of how people feel about this new timeline and 5G. In the end of the day, I'll read the good books that come out and ignore the bad.

But big Jackson Hyde becomes Aquaman, I'll read that no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The character that is meant to relpace superman is itself getting slighted and had gotten slighted. Jon shouldn't be an adult, right now. Let alone superman. Bendis basically erased the kid and replaced him with his own teen version.so clark getting shafted and legion being ripped from him is pretty big slight. Now, he is not even gonna be superman. That's gotta be hard.
    What were the odds of Jon ever growing up??? Which is worst being a perpetual 10yr old or skipping ahead a few years to 17/18??
    GrindrStone(D)

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

What were the odds of Jon ever growing up??? Which is worst being a perpetual 10yr old or skipping ahead a few years to 17/18??
    Right now, skipping years. Especially, Cause bendis did crap job at the execution. As for growing, dick, wally.. Etc grewup grew up. didn't they? Jon was getting established as a character. He was getting a cast like kathy, bizarroboy, Hamilton county.. Etc. He was getting popular(heck! Many claim him to be the best new thing out of rebirth) and could have been a mainstay. Instead now, he got butchered to be made into clark kent-wannabe standin as superboy of the legion and now superman. This isn't going to work with superman fans.
    He(jon) will give back his title. When it happens the character will be hated and might be erased or put back as a kid. Come on, they hated morrison "in-essence goldenage" superman(imagine superman fans hating original superman ) . No way they will take jon kent superman . That essentially means the character will lose years of fans and real development that sticks. So yeah! Skipping years sucks.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-13-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm not even a fan of Jon, but I know a lot of his fans didn't feel like we had enough time of him as a 10 year old. it's not like that status quo was that old, certainly not old enough for repetitive tedium to have set in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Right now, skipping years. Especially, Cause bendis did crap job at the execution. As for growing, dick, wally.. Etc grewup grew up. didn't they? Jon was getting established as a character. He was getting a cast like kathy, bizarroboy, Hamilton county.. Etc. He was getting popular(heck! Many claim him to be the best new thing out of rebirth) and could have been a mainstay. Instead now, he got butchered to be made into clark kent-wannabe standin as superboy of the legion and now superman. This isn't going to work with superman fans.
    He(jon) will give back his title. When it happens the character will be hated and might be erased or put back as a kid. Come on, they hated morrison "in-essence goldenage" superman(imagine superman fans hating original superman ) . No way they will take jon kent superman . That essentially means the character will lose years of fans and real development that sticks. So yeah! Skipping years sucks.
    The type of aging that gen 2 got just doesn't happen anymore. Comics have really gotten static with characters from gen 3 and onward mostly stuck in the same age range (some even getting YOUNGER).

That's why I'm not so annoyed that Jon got aged before being young was cemented. That's why I'm also hoping this new timeline corrects some other ages.

Sounds awesome.

Been waiting for the old guard to step aside for years.

Seems daft to just straight up replace Them tho. There's undoubtedly going to be the inevitable backlash.

Never understood why DC don't take more advantage of their Multiverse for stuff like this.