Page 121 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2012
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks like Rich may have been on the money with John Ridley doing a luke fox series, John is listed as one of the writers for Joker War Zone which also has a story featuring Luke Fox.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...-war-one-shot/

If 5G is dead, maybe John is just writing a new batwing series?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Looks like Rich may have been on the money with John Ridley doing a luke fox series, John is listed as one of the writers for Joker War Zone which also has a story featuring Luke Fox.

I mean, if he's still willing to do that, sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, if he's still willing to do that, sure!
    I'm all for it but it feels like a reluctant conciliation prize. a quick Batwing story feels like crumbs compared to the hype and prestige of a run with Luke in a honest to goodness Batman role.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

I think this is a way better idea. A great writer gets a character that is pretty much a blank slate. This could potentially be huge for Luke/Batwing and DC. Ridley could flesh out Luke’s world and wouldn’t have to try to fit him directly into Bruce’s role. Give Luke his own rogues gallery and maybe even his own city. DC gets an original character and another much needed superhero who is a POC.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think this is a way better idea. A great writer gets a character that is pretty much a blank slate. This could potentially be huge for Luke/Batwing and DC. Ridley could flesh out Luke’s world and wouldn’t have to try to fit him directly into Bruce’s role. Give Luke his own rogues gallery and maybe even his own city. DC gets an original character and another much needed superhero who is a POC.
    Are we talking a monthly or an OGN series?

Because you already know the usual suspects are going to fight that Luke Fox book into cancellation.

Interestingly Rick says Joker War was envisioned as the final confrontation between Bruce Wayne and the Joker and a lead-in to 5G. I wonder if the Luke Fox story was initially meant to set up Ridley's Batman run.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Oh you mean make him an actual character instead of slapping him in the batsuit for a 2 years switch back and then watch him fade into obscurity again

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Because you already know the usual suspects are going to fight that Luke Fox book into cancellation.
    An OGN would definitely be more successful. We all know how the dirext market is with non-Alisters

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Interestingly Rick says Joker War was envisioned as the final confrontation between Bruce Wayne and the Joker and a lead-in to 5G. I wonder if the Luke Fox story was initially meant to set up Ridley's Batman run.
    I think that's what most people were assuming. And then Tynion got the go-ahead to write more issues, apparently?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's what most people were assuming. And then Tynion got the go-ahead to write more issues, apparently?
    yep, hopefully we can get the full story a few months from now on what exactly happened. I imagined with new upper management at DC, people are keeping a more tight mouth about secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Even if DC took Luke in an astonishing brand new direction, the usual suspects would find a way to kill the book before it's even out. If it has a top start artist, it'll be because he'll leave the book by issue 3. or because it's too disconnected from the Bat-mythos. Or too connected. Etc.

At this point, 5G not happening is basically killing any chance for PoC to ever step out of the shadows of the old characters, who are mostly directionless nowadays (save Superman under Bendis, surprisingly).

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    At this point, 5G not happening is basically killing any chance for PoC to ever step out of the shadows of the old characters.
    Yeah! I don't think 5G jon was getting out of superman's shadow. He was pushed right under it and now is being crushed by it. Now, i even hate jon being a superboy.The kid doesn't need the title.I mean, he is more known as just jon kent than superboy anyways.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-11-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Bendis isn't getting his pet character out of Superman's shadow, he's been actively in the process of using contrivance to try and put Superman in his. This is not an example as to how to properly build a supporting character to spread their wings. With any luck this direction is dead in the water like it is for the rest of the DCU.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Even if DC took Luke in an astonishing brand new direction, the usual suspects would find a way to kill the book before it's even out. If it has a top start artist, it'll be because he'll leave the book by issue 3. or because it's too disconnected from the Bat-mythos. Or too connected. Etc.

At this point, 5G not happening is basically killing any chance for PoC to ever step out of the shadows of the old characters, who are mostly directionless nowadays (save Superman under Bendis, surprisingly).
    How are the characters stepping out of the shadows of the old characters when they're literally stepping into their shadows? Black Batman? How can you say such a character would not be in the shadow of Bruce Wayne? The way for PoC to not be in the shadows of old characters is for PoC to be their own original characters with their own mythologies, identities, supporting cast, and so on. Which is something I've noticed no one really wants to admit because the prospect of stepping into the role that white characters made famous is just too juicy for them.

The only other way for PoC characters to not be in the shadow of old ones is for PoC to eclipse whatever old predecessor they had, which usually won't happen, and if they do, it's often for a character identity that was never worth much, like Mr. Terrific.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 06-12-2020 at 01:20 AM.

Incredible Member

I never understand these arguments ... the sex pistols were most hated band in the uk, but also one of the most successful, fighting / scuffles at igor stravinsky premier, kraftwerk were described as trash in biggest uk music magazine - people being vehemently opposed to something means nothing if enough others buy it to make it economically viable.