Page 104 of 135 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Thought this was a cool image, at least of Gary Frank’s G1 Wonder Woman.

Attachment 93836
    If Damian is Gen 4, and they are using Dick as Robin for Gen 3 in that image, does that mean Dick, Jason, and Tim are all going to be crammed into Gen 3? That is giving me awful New 52 flashbacks of cramming in all the Robins together...

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    If Damian is Gen 4, and they are using Dick as Robin for Gen 3 in that image, does that mean Dick, Jason, and Tim are all going to be crammed into Gen 3? That is giving me awful New 52 flashbacks of cramming in all the Robins together...
    I mean that would depend on how long they treat each generation and when the characters appear. If Dick is say late Gen 2 because he wore his suit the longest, maybe Jason is Mid Gen 3 and he and dick are running around concurrently and then Tim is late Gen 3. I could see it work if it stretches out over a decent period of time is all I’m saying, if it’s another 5 years thing no, but say 20/25 it might work.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-27-2020 at 08:21 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Thought this was a cool image, at least of Gary Frank’s G1 Wonder Woman.

Attachment 93836
    Cool. Nice find.

I mean that would depend on how long they treat each generation and when the characters appear. If Dick is say late Gen 2 because he wore his suit the longest, maybe Jason is Mid Gen 3 and he and dick are running around concurrently and then Tim is late Gen 3. I could see it work if it stretches out over a decent period of time is all I’m saying, if it’s another 5 years thing no, but say 20/25 it might work.
    Batman Year 3 is when Dick started as Robin in the old pre Flashpoint continuity, right? So he should pop up fairly soon into Bruce's Batman career unless they go for something different here. I mean this whole 5G thing is supposed to spread out the history of the characters more and have them age somewhat appropriately along a longer timeline. So I hope they don't screw over the middle generations like they did in the New 52 to cram them all in-between the two generations they are focusing on and care more about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I like it. That is a badass Golden Age Wonder Woman.
    I usually love Gary Frank's art, but I'm just not really into retro looking Wonder Woman. Maybe it's because I've gotten so used to the Rebirth costume.

I dunno. I'm usually down for classic looks but 5G is just making me uneasy about it.

Of course, I think Renae De Liz drew it better...

Extraordinary Member

Afiak Gen 2 stats with Batman Year One and ends with COIE and Gen3 end with Flashpoint.

That means (based on how I understand the post crisis continuity) Dick would have lost his parents late in the second year of Gen2, became Robin in the third and stayed Robin untill roughly one year before COIE when Jason became Robin.

Jason would have died roughly one year after COIE with Tim becoming Robin at the End of the same year.

And Tim would again stayed Robin (with exception of Steph's short tenure) untill roughly a year before Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'm pretty sure these generations last a lot longer than a 5 year time period. This super long timeline is going to have problems of its own, just as all things do, but having to cram everything into a too-short history shouldn't be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I usually love Gary Frank's art, but I'm just not really into retro looking Wonder Woman. Maybe it's because I've gotten so used to the Rebirth costume.

I dunno. I'm usually down for classic looks but 5G is just making me uneasy about it.

Of course, I think Renae De Liz drew it better...
    If this is going to be her new regular costume, then I'll agree. I love the Golden Age, and those retro designs, but I don't want them beyond the Golden Age. But it looks like this is what Diana wears in the 40's, and she updates her costume over the years. So unless her only appearances are in books set in the 40's, we'll be fine.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Well, to no one’s surprise, I’m sure, it looks like the timeline is coming apart and 5G may get a big change in direction:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...ges-dc-comics/

https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/02/25/...ter-dan-didio/
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 02-28-2020 at 12:59 PM.

Them changing their plans on a rush is probably the worst case scenario. Controversial or not, it looked like they were actually planning 5G for some time. Nothing good will come out of changing elements while the books are already being produced.

Bruce Wayne hangs up the cape for a few months and then returns, just like every other time.

You guys are going to laugh because I generally liked Superman's New 52 costume, typically labeled as armor which he does not need....but I really like that Golden Age look for WW and kinda tiring of her own armor look. Even though it makes so much more sense for her, lol.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This has already been put in the timeline thread and Wally thread, so I’m gonna put this here

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...erse-spoilers/

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    You guys are going to laugh because I generally liked Superman's New 52 costume, typically labeled as armor which he does not need....but I really like that Golden Age look for WW and kinda tiring of her own armor look. Even though it makes so much more sense for her, lol.
    I’d be ok if Superman still had the armor and gave it to Jon. Like he kept it preserved and if Jon is to continue superheroics then Clark wants him wearing armor.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The crafting of this is really, really stupid. Its one thing to just internally not worry about old inconsistencies, and write for the audience with that mindset via the practical application of just not calling attention to them anymore. Its another to actually point out all the most glaring inconsistencies to the audience, completely on purpose, then say don't worry about.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-28-2020 at 06:15 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I've not been the keenest on 5G but I hope the course-correct, if there is one, doesn't mess things up even more.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've not been the keenest on 5G but I hope the course-correct, if there is one, doesn't mess things up even more.
    yeah, it certainly dampens excitement learning these behind the scenes details. My only hope is that the Scott Snyder JSA/WW book still happens, that's the only generations book I'm excited about.