Page 53 of 135 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

I love how these new Earth GL's weren't as viciously in contention because they were in out-of-continuity stuff and now there's every bit the possibility that they'll become the new main GL's .

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Green Lantern Legacy's early steam might mean that GL (Tai) is the 5G GL.

He's going to be mentored by John Stewart. He could be aged up by 2021.

He's so cute, I want a funko of him.

And he's mentored by John Stewart, they obviously want me to read this book.

I would say the biggest disadvantage Tai is facing is not his possible out of continuity story but the fact that he's male. I think for 5G DC wants the Green Lantern star to be a female character which is why we have the rumors about Keli and Jo.

If Keli was the only rumored 5G lantern, then I probably wouldn't think this tbh, and even with Jo being rumored I'm probably overthinking it but I am theorizing in terms of the characters being on a Justice League team and I think DC would want another female character on it and Green Lantern and the Flash are the only characters out of the big six with gender neutral hero names.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-14-2019 at 05:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    He's so cute, I want a funko of him.

And he's mentored by John Stewart, they obviously want me to read this book.

I would say the biggest disadvantage Tai is facing is not his possible out of continuity story but the fact that he's male. I think for 5G DC wants the Green Lantern star to be a female character which is why we have the rumors about Keli and Jo.

If Keli was the only rumored 5G lantern, then I probably wouldn't think this tbh, and even with Jo being rumored I'm probably overthinking it but I am theorizing in terms of the characters being on a Justice League team and I think DC would want another female character on it and Green Lantern and Flash are the only characters out of the big sixth with gender neutral hero names.
    I see what you mean-- Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Superman - Nightboy

Wonder Woman - Hawkgirl or Hawkwoman

Batman - Orphan or Red Hood

Aquaman - Tempest

Green Lantern - Ring selects a newbearer.

Flash - Jesse Quick
    Interesting line up. I think you have chosen some takes that people would be curious to read, I know I would be. The most intriguing one to me is the ring selecting Milagro out of all people, I don't recall anything hugely special being shown in her before, and I'd very much like to see where that might go.

The problem with that lineup is that it requires Flashpoint to be undone and the old continuity fully restored. Otherwise, Jesse Quick doesn't exist! Even freeing her from the Speed Force is impossible as long as the All-Star Squadron never existed.

Wouldn't Orphan be Batgirl or Batwoman, not Batman?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Indications are that we're going to be getting, well, not precisely a restoration of the pre-Flashpoint timeline, but certainly a timeline that's a lot closer to that than to the five-year N52 timeline. So Jesse Quick is a possibility.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    BleedingCool has a very solid track record in terms of rumor accuracy.
    Well, regardless, let's all keep in mind that their rumors aren't ALWAYS accurate either and not pretend otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Indications are that we're going to be getting, well, not precisely a restoration of the pre-Flashpoint timeline, but certainly a timeline that's a lot closer to that than to the five-year N52 timeline. So Jesse Quick is a possibility.
    Hopefully that splash showing all the speedsters (Jesse included) at the end of Year One was a vision of the future.

Related to Flash Forward, there was a couple of people missing... Wally's kids. Gotta wonder if sacrificing them brings the others back. Would be a fitting way for Williamson to end his Flash run (Barry, Wallace and Avery would discover the others are back during the last arc - and Bart will be delighted when he gets that news).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-19-2019 at 10:03 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

“I'm Wally West, the fastest man alive. In order to atone for a mistake that killed hundreds, I ended up killing my own children, too.”

No thanks.

The only way that is even remotely palatable is if the sacrifice of two other lives somehow undoes all of the heroes in crisis deaths. Even then...
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

If 5G actually properly restore's Wally's Flash history, I'll be happy.

Outside of Hal of course... I'm tired of human GL's. male, female, white, PoC whatever... it's all the same and we've reached the 'half a dozen' stage already. For any future GL's I'd like them to be Aliens. For eons, there were ZERO earth Gl's and the GL's were picked from the REST of sector 2814... I'd love to see one again like that.

Even if he doesn't live that long.. I'd love for Guy or Baz's Ring to go to an alien on Xundar or something before it inevitably cycles back to earth... after undoing whatever death caused the jump of course... >.<

Asked this elsewhere but figured this was a good place too...

Do you think they have any major plans to use Cass for the 5G relaunch?

I feel like Batgirl seems obvious... but DiDio believes Babs is the one true Batgirl, and she's still pretty young so I'm kind of doubting that. Who else could she be? Maybe the new Batwoman?

In fact, I do wonder about 5G in general. Is there going to be some big time skip to age the younger heroes up into adults? Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wouldn't Orphan be Batgirl or Batwoman, not Batman?
    Yes, but she would be the Batman stand in for this timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Asked this elsewhere but figured this was a good place too...

Do you think they have any major plans to use Cass for the 5G relaunch?

I feel like Batgirl seems obvious... but DiDio believes Babs is the one true Batgirl, and she's still pretty young so I'm kind of doubting that. Who else could she be? Maybe the new Batwoman?

In fact, I do wonder about 5G in general. Is there going to be some big time skip to age the younger heroes up into adults? Let me know what you think.
    This article suggests that she could be the new Black Canary.
    https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-next-big-heroes/

Why is this thread so non chalant about this 5G thing, even some discussing replacements.
    Is this was rebirth was for, which was only 3 years ago, this Replacement business undermines Rebirth

This article suggests that she could be the new Black Canary.
    Hell no, do not want, those Batman characters should stay where they belong, they got nothing to do with the Canary mantle.
    Neither Black Canar/Dinah nor Green Arrow/Oliver Queen should be replaced, they just got deaged in new 52, and were just starting to build new lives. They are among characters who got some of the biggest reboots in new 52. It would be a waste to replace characters that still got so much potential to tell new stories.

You will be making a bigger mistake than New 52, DC!!.
    Last edited by HunterX; 12-06-2019 at 07:28 PM.