Page 34 of 135 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    The Thor was one definitely the most awkward change cause that is literally the dude's name. A more appropriate title to give is "God of Thunder" or something but I guess that wouldn't give Marvel what they wanted.

It's kinda why I don't see "Martian Manhunter" being taken cause... I never really saw it as a standard hero name. Another example would be Raven. That's just her name whereas Wonder Woman is a title that Diana won for herself.
    It would be like someone trying to be the new Zatanna when it's her actual name. Maybe someone could be the new "Mistress of Magic" but that's never been a really big mantle thing.

Come to think of it, I wonder how this generations and 5G thing is going to impact the non-A list characters.

My guess is that if they go by this timeline, everyone should age at least a little. Who knows, maybe some people even get back the kids that disappeared after Flashpoint.

I kinda want the OG Titans to still be a thing and also for Young Justice to out of teens. Might be wishful thinking though.

Even though this is a stupid move by DC, I'll give it a go. Going off the original prompt of the thread:

Superman: Steel. I think it'd at least be an interesting take on Supes with a bit of an Iron Man-esque flair to it, with John building an armor that puts him at Clark's power level (maybe even get the Entropy Aegis back). We can see a more intelligence based Superman (but certainly not lacking in physical power) with all of his new inventions being unveiled to the readers since he's a master of tech and all.

Batman: Jason. Dick and Damian taking the cowl is a bit overdone to me, and I also don't think Dick ultimately becoming Batman is good for his character considering the sole reason he became Nightwing was to get out of Bruce's shadow and do his own thing.

Wonder Woman: Donna. It was either her or Cassie, either one I'm fine with but I chose Donna for the connection with the next two members.

Flash: Wally (Redhead). A chance to bring Wally back to his former glory after he's been pooped on ever since the New 52.

Aquaman: Garth. I just really like Tempest because of his suit (especially the black and red one) and his powers. I think it'd be cool.

Green Lantern: This one's a big challenge. Since we already have like 9 or 10 human GLs, I decided to make this one non-human. They could say Yalan Gur had a child, and now that child gets a ring of his/her own from the recently brought back Alan Scott, making the power source the starheart instead of the central power battery. He/She could work to right the wrongs done by Yalan Gur. That way this one could stand apart from the other GLs and give him/her more of a defined singular role while repping the GLC and Alan, as Yalan was the bridge between the two.
    Last edited by Cosmic Emerald 23; 10-17-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Even though this is a stupid move by DC, I'll give it a go. Going off the original prompt of the thread:

Superman: Steel. I think it'd at least be an interesting take on Supes with a bit of an Iron Man-esque flair to it, with John building an armor that puts him at Clark's power level (maybe even get the Entropy Aegis back). We can see a more intelligence based Superman (but certainly not lacking in physical power) with all of his new inventions being unveiled to the readers since he's a master of tech and all.

Batman: Jason. Dick and Damian taking the cowl is a bit overdone to me, and I also don't think Dick ultimately becoming Batman is good for his character considering the sole reason he became Nightwing was to get out of Bruce's shadow and do his own thing.

Wonder Woman: Donna. It was either her or Cassie, either one I'm fine with but I chose Donna for the connection with the next two members.

Flash: Wally (Redhead). A chance to bring Wally back to his former glory after he's been pooped on ever since the New 52.

Aquaman: Garth. I just really like Tempest because of his suit (especially the black and red one) and his powers. I think it'd be cool.

Green Lantern: This one's a big challenge. Since we already have like 9 or 10 human GLs, I decided to make this one non-human. They could say Yalan Gur had a child, and now that child gets a ring of his/her own from the recently brought back Alan Scott, making the power source the starheart instead of the central power battery. He/She could work to right the wrongs done by Yalan Gur. That way this one could stand apart from the other GLs and give him/her more of a defined singular role while repping the GLC and Alan, as Yalan was the bridge between the two.
    Pre-Flashpoint, and even in a brief cameo in Justice League a while back, Jason was actually Batman on another Earth. He was also in the Justice League with Donna as Wonder Woman, Kyle Rayner as the main GL, and Zod (of all people) as Superman that's all but retired because their Earth was that peaceful. Only problem right now is; Jason has a big, and understandable, beef with Bruce as it is. I don't see him taking up the mantle anytime soon without some MAJOR thing happening on Bruce's end to get Jason to forgive him and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Pre-Flashpoint, and even in a brief cameo in Justice League a while back, Jason was actually Batman on another Earth. He was also in the Justice League with Donna as Wonder Woman, Kyle Rayner as the main GL, and Zod (of all people) as Superman that's all but retired because their Earth was that peaceful. Only problem right now is; Jason has a big, and understandable, beef with Bruce as it is. I don't see him taking up the mantle anytime soon without some MAJOR thing happening on Bruce's end to get Jason to forgive him and such.
    Fair point. Who would you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Fair point. Who would you have?
    Tim's future selves tend to go all dictator on people when under the cowl, so he's a no go. Damian is too small and young. I would say Dick, but he's still stuck as "Ric". So, screw it, and go with Batwoman, Kate Kane.

In all honesty, I hate this whole "5G" thing as a whole. I'm not against the big League members taking a step back for a new generation, but the way its being done is about the worst I've seen. Like if Jon was aged up just for this, it was stupid, as there was Keenan Kong, Kara, and Conner to choose from. Diana has two sisters in Cassie and Donna whom she's barely been around that would make for great Wonder Women (I doubt Artemis has much interest in it). And Bruce, well, already covered that. Green Lantern... Why is ANOTHER Green Lantern being introduced when there's a whole stable full of them, many of which are barely being used, instead?

So, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Tim's future selves tend to go all dictator on people when under the cowl, so he's a no go. Damian is too small and young. I would say Dick, but he's still stuck as "Ric". So, screw it, and go with Batwoman, Kate Kane.

In all honesty, I hate this whole "5G" thing as a whole. I'm not against the big League members taking a step back for a new generation, but the way its being done is about the worst I've seen. Like if Jon was aged up just for this, it was stupid, as there was Keenan Kong, Kara, and Conner to choose from. Diana has two sisters in Cassie and Donna whom she's barely been around that would make for great Wonder Women (I doubt Artemis has much interest in it). And Bruce, well, already covered that. Green Lantern... Why is ANOTHER Green Lantern being introduced when there's a whole stable full of them, many of which are barely being used, instead?

So, yeah.
    I agree, it's a stupid move by DC. It seems they're trying to gain a brief spike in interest just to stay above water, all before they start drowning again soon after.

Superman - Shazam
    Wonder Woman - Mary Marvel
    Batman - Anarky
    Flash - Jon Chambers (Golden Age Johnny Quick)
    Green Lantern - Jenny-Lynn Hayden (Jade)

Comic Geek in General

Here’s a thought on the Flash replacement.......Iris West (Wally’s Daughter........she and her brother Jai have been revealed to still exist recently, just missing in the Multiverse.......if they get back in time for this Event......Iris could conceivably be around for 5G........odds are like Jon Kent, she and her brother would also be aged up some by the time they get back......assuming their being missing isn’t resolved in Flash Forward’s conclusion)
    Last edited by Decoy; 10-18-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Here’s a thought on the Flash replacement.......Iris West (Wally’s Daughter........she and her brother Jai have been revealed to still exist recently, just missing in the Multiverse.......if they get back in time for this Event......Iris could conceivably be around for 5G........odds are like Jon Kent, she and her brother would also be aged up some by the time they get back......assuming their being missing isn’t resolved in Flash Forward’s conclusion)
    Too young, no build up, senseless. It'd sooner be Wallace than her because DC has spent the last few years keeping him around. Iris is also reliant on Wally, whereas Wallace is not, and DC is not about that.

If this does happen, it'll be a good jumping off point for me. 35 years was a good run for me.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...birds-of-prey/

"This is not the end of Young Animal, Gerard Way‘s curated imprint, as January also marks the beginning of Far Sector, a new Green Lantern comic that may have a lot more legs than the initial solicitation suggests"

I wonder if this is Rich hinting that the protagonist of Far Sector will be the new Green Lantern for 5G?

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    The Thor was one definitely the most awkward change cause that is literally the dude's name. A more appropriate title to give is "God of Thunder" or something but I guess that wouldn't give Marvel what they wanted.
    I never got why this is such a sticking point for people. If you're wielding the power of Thor, it seems fair you get to call yourself Thor. Jane wasn't even the first to do that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...birds-of-prey/

I never got why this is such a sticking point for people. If you're wielding the power of Thor, it seems fair you get to call yourself Thor. Jane wasn't even the first to do that.
    [Theoretically] I can drive Obama's car or wear his shoes or sit at his desk. Doesn't make me Obama.

Wielding the power of Thor may make you the God of Thunder. Doesn't make you Thor.

Or are you saying Thor Odinson doesn't have a name outside of the title "Thor"?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Wielding the power of Thor may make you the God of Thunder. Doesn't make you Thor.
    Worked for Eric Masterson.

Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    If this does happen, it'll be a good jumping off point for me. 35 years was a good run for me.
    Been there. New 52 was a jumping off point for me, and I didn't come back until Multiversity, Convergence, and Rebirth. I'd recommend that even if you do leave, you should still keep tabs on what in general is going on so that when the 5G thing collapses and they revert to the classic heroes, you'll know.

I say this as someone who was all in favor of the last two times DC attempted to move on to a new generation of heroes (first during the 90s, as they were replacing heroes with a younger generation one by one; and then just before the New 52, when the JLA lineup consisted entirely of former Titans, Infinitors, and their contemporaries). In both of those cases, there actually was significant (though by no means universal) fan support for moving on to a new generation of heroes; and despite that, the efforts for reversed. I see no reason why this time will be any different.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.