Page 26 of 135 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Is Terry popular?
    I imagine he is to the general fandom, especially to non comic book readers. Many hold the BTAS and the Beyond series as gospel.

Or, like, Bruce could just say, "I am too old to keep being Batman. I have chosen Luke to become my replacement. If you disagree with this choice, then you have no place in my cave." So then the choice to be part oft he family or not is more on the individual bat-family characters rather than just Bruce.
    So, disagreeing with Bruce means being excluded from the family....well, actually, that sounds in-character for modern Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Is Terry popular?
    Sorta but the younger generation under 20 doesn't really know him like that.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    So, disagreeing with Bruce means being excluded from the family....well, actually, that sounds in-character for modern Bruce.
    I mostly meant disagree in that character X believes they deserve the cowl because reason Y... But yeah. My way or the highway is pretty true to Modern Bruce's personality.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Sorta but the younger generation under 20 doesn't really know him like that.
    That is true of everything though. The younger generation thinks Iron Man has always been an A-list super hero because their reference point is the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Or, like, Bruce could just say, "I am too old to keep being Batman. I have chosen Luke to become my replacement. If you disagree with this choice, then you have no place in my cave." So then the choice to be part oft he family or not is more on the individual bat-family characters rather than just Bruce.

If Jon is to become the new Superman, then I do not see anyone else really objecting.

Green Lantern has always been a nebulous mantle, so a new, younger Lantern taking the mantle would not cause any issues.

The Flash mantle has successfully been passed before, so no biggie.

Wonder Woman could cause an issue but I do not think there are that many people willing to fight for the mantle, especially if Diana picks a successor.
    Damian would never accept someone like Luke being Batman I would think. So they might just write him out like they did when Gordon was Batman for a bit. He is busy doing something else so he can't be in Gotham or something. Same with Dick. They will either just have Bruce alienate himself from the Batman family, pretend to be dead, or just write out and ignore everyone else to make the story more convenient. Dick didn't even meet Gordon's Batman I believe when that was going on.

But the issue is how using a new generation for the replacements kind of screws over the other generations. Since Dick and Tim's generations won't be the "replacements". I mean Barry gives up being Flash and what does Wally (the real one) do? He was already going by Flash technically, but now there will be another Flash that isn't Wally or Barry. Though Barry won't stop being a hero I imagine, so he is going to be running around doing something. So you have this situation where 3 different characters are all doing things, two calling themselves Flash, but only one being the "official" Flash. All while the only Flash DC really cares about (Barry) isn't going by Flash for a year or two. It is going to get messy.

The main reason for removing all of the "old" heroes is because they don't want to mix the old ones with the new generation. We saw that back before the New 52 when Dick was Batman. They removed every main stay hero like Clark, Bruce, Diana, and so on, from the JL because they didn't want Dick as Batman to be leading or on equal footing with those heroes. I think at that time to write out Clark they had him do that dumb walk across America story arc or something.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Damian would never accept someone like Luke being Batman I would think. So they might just write him out like they did when Gordon was Batman for a bit. He is busy doing something else so he can't be in Gotham or something. Same with Dick. They will either just have Bruce alienate himself from the Batman family, pretend to be dead, or just write out and ignore everyone else to make the story more convenient. Dick didn't even meet Gordon's Batman I believe when that was going on.

But the issue is how using a new generation for the replacements kind of screws over the other generations. Since Dick and Tim's generations won't be the "replacements". I mean Barry gives up being Flash and what does Wally (the real one) do? He was already going by Flash technically, but now there will be another Flash that isn't Wally or Barry. Though Barry won't stop being a hero I imagine, so he is going to be running around doing something. So you have this situation where 3 different characters are all doing things, two calling themselves Flash, but only one being the "official" Flash. All while the only Flash DC really cares about (Barry) isn't going by Flash for a year or two. It is going to get messy.

The main reason for removing all of the "old" heroes is because they don't want to mix the old ones with the new generation. We saw that back before the New 52 when Dick was Batman. They removed every main stay hero like Clark, Bruce, Diana, and so on, from the JL because they didn't want Dick as Batman to be leading or on equal footing with those heroes. I think at that time to write out Clark they had him do that dumb walk across America story arc or something.
    That might be why the rumors are saying Damian will be Nightwing. Basically, Damian recognizing that Dick was a better mentor to him than Bruce ever was and that, given the chance, he should follow in those footsteps rather than Batman's. Plus, that creates for some nice tension when Luke and Damian are forced to work together (because that is a story gold mine that will be tapped early and often).

Who is to say Batman needs to lead the Justice League? Bruce can but that does not mean Luke can, or should (although to be fair, I think Dick would have done a bang up job leading the JL). Also, to be honest, I think it would be refereshing to see someone other than Superman or Batman taking the helm of the Justice League (kind of like what they tried to do in the New 52 with Aquaman... Just with less acrimony).

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Unfortunately, this is true.

That might be why the rumors are saying Damian will be Nightwing. Basically, Damian recognizing that Dick was a better mentor to him than Bruce ever was and that, given the chance, he should follow in those footsteps rather than Batman's. Plus, that creates for some nice tension when Luke and Damian are forced to work together (because that is a story gold mine that will be tapped early and often).

Who is to say Batman needs to lead the Justice League? Bruce can but that does not mean Luke can, or should (although to be fair, I think Dick would have done a bang up job leading the JL). Also, to be honest, I think it would be refereshing to see someone other than Superman or Batman taking the helm of the Justice League (kind of like what they tried to do in the New 52 with Aquaman... Just with less acrimony).
    Batman needs to lead the League because that's what people is expecting to happen most of the times. Either him or any other of the trinity. But Batman or a bat has to be in it, in a prominent role. If not, people will wall it something else, Justice League Something, but definitely not Justice League of America. If new or potential readers go for the book expecting Batman (whoever is behind the mask) and find him nowhere, they're not going to stay; not the more casual readers, or at least, not most of them.

So Damian gets Nightwjng. Ok, I'll buy. If this is happening, say, in 2 or more like 5 years thanks to some timeskip, that could be intersting. But then, in that case, we're expecting Dick to revert to himself and stop being just Rick, right? So, what does he go by, if he's not Nightwing? Because he's still not too old to retire, and I don't see him stopping being a hero even if he gets himself involved with someone in a relationship. Something big have to happen for Dick to stop and settle in a normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...-dc-comics-5g/

Sometimes BleedingCool knows more than they publish but will drop hints in the article. They bring up John Byrne in particular, even though we've seen various versions of this sort of reboot besides his work on Generations. Even though BleedingCool seems to dismiss Cassie, I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually her. I always like the idea of a girl being adopted by the Amazons and having a connection to them through her archaeologist mother. Cassie debuts in Gen 3, however. (This could also just mean that she's a young adult by the time Gen 5 rolls around.)

Anyway, I scanned the Generations wikipedia page, and the Wonder Girl in that story was a blonde named Stephanie "Stevie" Trevor, daughter of Steve and Diana. Given how long Wonder Woman has supposedly been operating in the 5G timeline, it's possible that she's had a daughter we don't know about. I could see DC dropping hints about Cassie then revealing that the new Wonder Woman is Stephanie/Stevie.

I think two direct descendants of the Trinity would be lame though.
    I think if Cassie were going to be replacing Diana they would be setting it up more now. Besides, Wonder Girl becoming Wonder Woman might be too obvious, but it seems inconsistent how they're applying that.
    Dick didn't even meet Gordon's Batman I believe when that was going on.
    I could swear they met during Robin War.

BANNED

Do you think BleedingCool was hinting at Wonder Woman having a daughter who takes over the role?

And if this is a recent decision by DC, like aging up Jon again, the maybe they will start building up Cassie for the transition...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could swear they met during Robin War.
    I don't remember if they did in Robin War or not. I was trying to remember if they met in that one Grayson issue where Dick finally returned to Gotham and everyone was mad at him, but I don't think they did.

I don't remember if they did in Robin War or not. I was trying to remember if they met in that one Grayson issue where Dick finally returned to Gotham and everyone was mad at him, but I don't think they did.
    I don't think they met either. Dick met Duke around this time I think. That was the only time he met any new changes in Gotham.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't think they met either. Dick met Duke around this time I think. That was the only time he met any new changes in Gotham.
    We are Robin went undercover as catering staff and Dick was there, right?

The problem with this is that they have to write out all the rest of the Batman family in order to fit in this new Batman and Bruce in his new role. So either Bruce will alienate himself from the Batman family and cut them all off so he can just operate with his new "replacement", or they will have to physically remove the Batman family, like forcing a story that prevents them from stepping in as Batman themselves. This will probably be the case for all the other big heroes too, which will be the biggest problem.
    I only really see Damian wanting the title so that can be a point of conflict. Even if Dick wasn't doing his Ric thing, he'd want to be Nightwing. Jason is Jason and Bendis just had Tim take up a new name (a purposeful decision I think given Bendis' involvement).

If Jon is to become the new Superman, then I do not see anyone else really objecting.

Green Lantern has always been a nebulous mantle, so a new, younger Lantern taking the mantle would not cause any issues.

The Flash mantle has successfully been passed before, so no biggie.

Wonder Woman could cause an issue but I do not think there are that many people willing to fight for the mantle, especially if Diana picks a successor.
    Flash's family is a lot more friendly than the bats so a transition should be easy.

The GLs seems to be fracturing as an organization so they might be open spots.

I have no idea if Garth ever wanted to be Aquaman. Never much cared for Garth.

Wonder Woman has no relationship with her family. At all.

Do you think BleedingCool was hinting at Wonder Woman having a daughter who takes over the role?

And if this is a recent decision by DC, like aging up Jon again, the maybe they will start building up Cassie for the transition...
    I don't think DC will drop a random daughter that we've never heard of to fill the role. That just sounds like lazy storytelling even for comics standards.

As for Cassie... I don't think so. It'd be better looking for clues in Orlando's upcoming run. He seems like a writer that would also be down in laying the groundwork for an initiative. Apparently his first issues is gonna have Diana recruit an Amazon from her past? Maybe she could be it?

With the new timeline, Wonder Woman was a founding member of the Justice Society. Personally, I'd love it if they bring back Infinity Inc., including Lyta Trevor a.k.a. Fury, who also happens to be Wonder Woman's daughter.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.