Page 132 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This looks rad.

I'm glad they're sticking with Wonder Woman being the OG. She should be the biggest of the big both in story and out.
    I'm not expecting it to have any more of an impact than it did on Superman. Like, she'll headline a JSA book but that's probably about it.

What do ya'll think about BC's articles on a certain Fox son returning to continuity and how he could possibly be the Batman from the mini and not Luke...

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    What do ya'll think about BC's articles on a certain Fox son returning to continuity and how he could possibly be the Batman from the mini and not Luke...
    Its a possibility but an odd choice to me. Mostly because he was a piece of interesting trivia rather than a character. But I'm the guy who was interested in Owen Harkness as the Flash so i may not have the best judgement.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-01-2020 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not expecting it to have any more of an impact than it did on Superman. Like, she'll headline a JSA book but that's probably about it.
    About what I expect too. New 52 Earth 2 had a much stronger take on Diana being first. Instead of “superheroes” they were called “Wonders” after WW. That won’t happen here.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    About what I expect too. New 52 Earth 2 had a much stronger take on Diana being first. Instead of “superheroes” they were called “Wonders” after WW. That won’t happen here.
    I don't care about anything like that. I'm just glad there's a much wider range of stories to be told with Wonder Woman now that her history is much longer, in-universe.

She has the whole thrust of modern history to run with now, that's much more compelling than her meeting Superman and Green Arrow as kids or whatever. A wealth of stories to be told, lots of diversity of supporting cast.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-30-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I don't care about anything like that. I'm just glad there's a much wider range of stories to be told with Wonder Woman now that her history is much longer, in-universe.

She has the whole thrust of modern history to run with now, that's much more compelling than her meeting Superman and Green Arrow as kids or whatever. A wealth of stories to be told, lots of diversity of supporting cast.
    I think that's more dependent on how far DC is willing to commit to this and the writers they have writing Diana. They seem to barely know what to do with modern Diana as is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I believe Wonder Woman has always said she cares more for her duties as Princess of Themyscira than saving Earth, so you could just use that.
    Her whole thing is leaving being the island's princess to save the Earth.
    I think that's more dependent on how far DC is willing to commit to this and the writers they have writing Diana. They seem to barely know what to do with modern Diana as is.
    I feel like someone like Jimenez could have done something with trying fully utilize/fuse WW's GA and Post-Crisis stuff that seems to be going.

But he's largely an outlier it seems when it comes to writers on WW's history. And as you say, that depends on how DC commits to this and they won't once Bruce and Clark are in the room.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-30-2020 at 09:28 PM.

She has never stopped being the Princess.
    She lived there for 2,000 years and only left in the first place because of Steve Trevor.

the mystery has been solved!

Superman: Jon Kent
    Wonder Woman: Yara Flor (new Brazilian character)
    Batman: Luke Fox
    Aquaman: Jackson Hyde succeeded by Andy Curry
    Green Lantern: Jo from Far Sector
    Flash: possible a new character from the multiverse
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-20-2020 at 11:40 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the mystery has been solved!

Superman: Jon Kent
    Wonder Woman: new Brazilian character
    Batman: Luke Fox
    Aquaman: Jackson Hyde succeeded by Andy Curry
    Green Lantern: Jo from Far Sector
    Flash: possible a new character but could be Wallace
    Flash is apparently from another Earth.

Flash is apparently from another Earth.
    possibly but which one? there appears to be two Flashes/Flash type character in future state. there's this one and a double amputee one whose popping up in Suicide Squad.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    possibly but which one? there appears to be two Flashes/Flash type character in future state. there's this one and a double amputee one whose popping up in Suicide Squad.
    The one in Justice League is specifically from the Multiverse.
    "Justice League" written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    "Justice League" art by ROBSON ROCHA and DANIEL HENRIQUES
    "Justice League Dark" written by RAM V
    "Justice League Dark" art by MARCIO TAKARA
    cover by DAN MORA
    card stock variant cover by KAEL NGU
    ON SALE 1/12/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | 1 of 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $6.99 US
    Witness the start of a new era for the Justice League starring Jonathan Kent as Superman, Yara Flor as Wonder Woman, Jo Mullein as Green Lantern, Andy Curry as Aquawoman, a new Flash from the Multiverse, and [REDACTED] as Batman! Together, they protect the future, yet apart, their identities are secret even from one another—but why? When their greatest adversaries wind up murdered in an abandoned Hall of Justice, all clues point to...the Justice League! The new team's adventures begin here!
    And in a new tale of the Justice League Dark, a witch hunt across the DC Universe begins as magic users are harvested and executed—and the team is on the run! Zatanna and Detective Chimp (now possessed by Etrigan) must round up new and old teammates, including John Constantine, Ragman, and Madame Xanadu. Their mission? To battle the power-mad Crow King, Merlin, before his plans for magical domination destroy the fabric of reality. But where is Dr. Fate? And what led the team to disband in the first place? Discover the truth here!

The one in Justice League is specifically from the Multiverse.
    ah! curse you my selective blindness! well disappointed it's not Wallace but I'm intrigued as to what this Flash's origin will be.

currently following:

Imma be honest, I don't think half of the storylines described in Future State were suppose to be a part of the original launch of the 5G books.

I would have preferred they just let the writers finish out whatever arc of the canceled 5G books and then made those books into an imprint...it's not like there aren't stories or books that are left open-ended anyway.

Now, it just feels like the character ideas were kept but these storylines were created and that's how we got Future State.