Page 133 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2012
  1. #1981
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,651

    Default

    Flash being multiversal sounds like an easy way out once they have to get rid of him.

  2. #1982
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    69,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Flash being multiversal sounds like an easy way out once they have to get rid of him.
    I mean, they'll probably never appear outside this storyline, so ...

  3. #1983
    Mighty Member TheRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Exactly. There’s no real reason to replace any of them anyway.

  4. #1984
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,211

    Default

    Wouldn’t the fact that he is a Flash from the Multiverse make him the most likely to show up in the main continuity?

    I mean how many times recently has Barry had to team up with Flashes from the House of Heroes/throughout the entire multiverse. I mean think about how Williamson just finished his flash run or how in Multiverses end Kingdom come Kid Flash has a connection to the speed force which can hear other speedsters. That’s why I think if anyone’s popping up from Future State it’s a Flash....also Maybe Swamp Thing, he did recently learn to multiverse travel under Ram V who is writing him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  5. #1985
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    27,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    the mystery has been solved!



    Superman: Jon Kent
    Wonder Woman: Yara Flor (new Brazilian character)
    Batman: Luke Fox
    Aquaman: Jackson Hyde succeeded by Andy Curry
    Green Lantern: Jo from Far Sector
    Flash: possible a new character from the multiverse
    Possibly Tim Fox, instead of Luke. Which could get confusing since Robin is Tim Drake!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #1986
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,572

    Default

    Tim Fox would explain why Luke hangs out with kids a decade younger than him
    So maybe it's both. Luke in Batman, Tim in JL

  7. #1987
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,211

    Default

    Alright so let me do a quick recent check on something because it’s been mentioned elsewhere.

    1. Jon Kent will be Superman in his new ongoing next month by Tom Taylor
    2. Jace is officially Batman in I am Batman following Next Batman: Second Son
    3. Yara just started her Wondergirl series
    4. Jo Mullein is basically co-leading Green Lantern right now
    5. Jackson/Kaldur is getting a Aquaman mini in September
    6. Do we count Wally West considering he’s now standing in for Barry after 10 years of Barry being the main Flash? That feels wrong considering his history.
    7. Levi is currently Swamp Thing in Ram V’s pretty cool miniseries
    8. Same idea as Wally with Shilo Norman standing in for Scott Free
    9. I’m sure there’s something we could chalk up the Titans Academy kids too, I’d assume mainly Bolt.

    So it does appear like DC snuck in 5G under the guise of Infinite Frontier, however it’s not exactly the same.

    1. Clark Kent can be found in Action Comics and Superman & the Authority, with apparently a Superman event in October and the black label Superman vs Lobo.
    2. Bruce Wayne is literally everywhere, he’s even hanging out with Scoobydoo. So don’t worry about him
    3. Diana has three comics right now, her main ongoing adventures in God Sphere and the multiverse, her sensational series, and the black and gold series.
    4. Every Green Lantern is in the Green Lantern series
    5. Arthur is in Justice League and Action Comics, plus an 80th anniversary
    6. Barry is off in the main Infinite Frontier series
    7. Alec has appeared in the Swamp Thing mini
    8. Not sure what’s up with Scott Free
    9. Titans are in Academy and just got Titans United.

    I know that’s a very generalized idea considering there are plenty of series with the original heroes still available such as Blue & Gold, Supergirl, Crush & Lobo, Checkmate, Shazam, Deathstroke Inc., Harley Quinn, Catwoman, and probably some others that I have forgotten but I think I’ve gotten a decent enough idea that some of the 5G ideas survived wouldn’t you say.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  8. #1988
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so let me do a quick recent check on something because it’s been mentioned elsewhere.

    1. Jon Kent will be Superman in his new ongoing next month by Tom Taylor
    2. Jace is officially Batman in I am Batman following Next Batman: Second Son
    3. Yara just started her Wondergirl series
    4. Jo Mullein is basically co-leading Green Lantern right now
    5. Jackson/Kaldur is getting a Aquaman mini in September
    6. Do we count Wally West considering he’s now standing in for Barry after 10 years of Barry being the main Flash? That feels wrong considering his history.
    7. Levi is currently Swamp Thing in Ram V’s pretty cool miniseries
    8. Same idea as Wally with Shilo Norman standing in for Scott Free
    9. I’m sure there’s something we could chalk up the Titans Academy kids too, I’d assume mainly Bolt.

    So it does appear like DC snuck in 5G under the guise of Infinite Frontier, however it’s not exactly the same.

    1. Clark Kent can be found in Action Comics and Superman & the Authority, with apparently a Superman event in October and the black label Superman vs Lobo.
    2. Bruce Wayne is literally everywhere, he’s even hanging out with Scoobydoo. So don’t worry about him
    3. Diana has three comics right now, her main ongoing adventures in God Sphere and the multiverse, her sensational series, and the black and gold series.
    4. Every Green Lantern is in the Green Lantern series
    5. Arthur is in Justice League and Action Comics, plus an 80th anniversary
    6. Barry is off in the main Infinite Frontier series
    7. Alec has appeared in the Swamp Thing mini
    8. Not sure what’s up with Scott Free
    9. Titans are in Academy and just got Titans United.

    I know that’s a very generalized idea considering there are plenty of series with the original heroes still available such as Blue & Gold, Supergirl, Crush & Lobo, Checkmate, Shazam, Deathstroke Inc., Harley Quinn, Catwoman, and probably some others that I have forgotten but I think I’ve gotten a decent enough idea that some of the 5G ideas survived wouldn’t you say.
    Not sure if it counts but Connor Hawke is back. And Lian Harper is a teen. Not exactly 5G rumors though.


    The Legion of Superheroes from Future State haven’t been shown as yet.

  9. #1989
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,569

    Default

    I think for the most part they're having the original heroes and their 5G legacies co-exist.
    It looks like Diana will keep the WW name for some time, as Yara's Wonder Girl series is an ongoing. Ironically, Diana has been kind of replaced by Hippolyta in JL, which has nothing to do with Future State.
    I also don't see them getting rid of Bruce, especially with the way Tynion has been selling. So far Jace isn't positioned as the new face of the franchise.
    Green Lantern is a team book now.
    Wally will be the main Flash for the foreseeable future if Jeremy Adams is to be believed. I could see FS Flash joining Justice Incarnate, thought.

    The most surprising to me is Aqualad becoming Aquaman. I feel they sadly never did much with him as a sidekick, so making him Aquaman already feels a but rushed, even if I like the character. I also wonder what that means for Arthur.
    The Aquafamily was actually one of the few franchises without many overlapping roles, IMO. Arthur as Aquaman, Mera as his partner, Aqualad as the teen legacy, Tempest as the former sidekick (who could be used more, I won't deny) etc.
    I for one liked that there weren't multiple characters in the Aquafamily with the same name like we currently have 2 Wonder Girls, Batmen, Robins, Superboys, Impulses and so on.

    All that said, the character that worries me the most is Kal-El. Ever since they removed his LOSH connection in favor of Jon, my feeling that they're only taking things from the character to make Jon feel more important continues to grow.
    Hopefully the other legacies will be better handled and more unique.

  10. #1990
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so let me do a quick recent check on something because it’s been mentioned elsewhere.

    1. Jon Kent will be Superman in his new ongoing next month by Tom Taylor
    2. Jace is officially Batman in I am Batman following Next Batman: Second Son
    3. Yara just started her Wondergirl series
    4. Jo Mullein is basically co-leading Green Lantern right now
    5. Jackson/Kaldur is getting a Aquaman mini in September
    6. Do we count Wally West considering he’s now standing in for Barry after 10 years of Barry being the main Flash? That feels wrong considering his history.
    7. Levi is currently Swamp Thing in Ram V’s pretty cool miniseries
    8. Same idea as Wally with Shilo Norman standing in for Scott Free
    9. I’m sure there’s something we could chalk up the Titans Academy kids too, I’d assume mainly Bolt.

    So it does appear like DC snuck in 5G under the guise of Infinite Frontier, however it’s not exactly the same.

    1. Clark Kent can be found in Action Comics and Superman & the Authority, with apparently a Superman event in October and the black label Superman vs Lobo.
    2. Bruce Wayne is literally everywhere, he’s even hanging out with Scoobydoo. So don’t worry about him
    3. Diana has three comics right now, her main ongoing adventures in God Sphere and the multiverse, her sensational series, and the black and gold series.
    4. Every Green Lantern is in the Green Lantern series
    5. Arthur is in Justice League and Action Comics, plus an 80th anniversary
    6. Barry is off in the main Infinite Frontier series
    7. Alec has appeared in the Swamp Thing mini
    8. Not sure what’s up with Scott Free
    9. Titans are in Academy and just got Titans United.

    I know that’s a very generalized idea considering there are plenty of series with the original heroes still available such as Blue & Gold, Supergirl, Crush & Lobo, Checkmate, Shazam, Deathstroke Inc., Harley Quinn, Catwoman, and probably some others that I have forgotten but I think I’ve gotten a decent enough idea that some of the 5G ideas survived wouldn’t you say.
    Well Bleeding Cool, the main site covering it, was even saying that DC was going to get rid of their classic heroes. They were going to still be around, though the site also speculated they would only be the main heroes in Black Label stories. Obviously, I don't think things ended up being one-to-one with how DC initially planned to be, but I think what is happening right now is what essentially was going to happen with 5G. Certain titles seemed to be refitted to match Infinite Frontiers, like Wonder Girl and The Next Batman: Second Son.

    With that said, I don't know what DC was planning with The Flash. Like, was Jess Chambers going to be the main Flash going forward? If that was the case, what was up the Flash's Future State mini? Why did The Flash's FS mini feel so hamstrung, and was very dire compare to the rest of FS (Flash and Teen Titans were like super downers)? I don't think the Flash ongoing will eventually match up with the FS mini, mostly because the directions Adams is going are very off course of what was presented in FS. Not only that, FS mini was bad and dumb. I'm not even convinced that was the original 5G plan, and I have a theory it was poorly put together at the last minute because they needed to explain the disappearance of the Flash family to justify the rest of Future State.

    If there were any big changes between Future State and Infinite Frontier, it would be that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Not sure if it counts but Connor Hawke is back. And Lian Harper is a teen. Not exactly 5G rumors though.


    The Legion of Superheroes from Future State haven’t been shown as yet.
    And I hope it stays like that...




    I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. I know there are fans for that story, and Bendis is a talented writer, but just honestly want classic Legion back.

  11. #1991
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    69,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think for the most part they're having the original heroes and their 5G legacies co-exist.
    It looks like Diana will keep the WW name for some time, as Yara's Wonder Girl series is an ongoing. Ironically, Diana has been kind of replaced by Hippolyta in JL, which has nothing to do with Future State.
    I also don't see them getting rid of Bruce, especially with the way Tynion has been selling. So far Jace isn't positioned as the new face of the franchise.
    Green Lantern is a team book now.
    Wally will be the main Flash for the foreseeable future if Jeremy Adams is to be believed. I could see FS Flash joining Justice Incarnate, thought.

    The most surprising to me is Aqualad becoming Aquaman. I feel they sadly never did much with him as a sidekick, so making him Aquaman already feels a but rushed, even if I like the character. I also wonder what that means for Arthur.
    The Aquafamily was actually one of the few franchises without many overlapping roles, IMO. Arthur as Aquaman, Mera as his partner, Aqualad as the teen legacy, Tempest as the former sidekick (who could be used more, I won't deny) etc.
    I for one liked that there weren't multiple characters in the Aquafamily with the same name like we currently have 2 Wonder Girls, Batmen, Robins, Superboys, Impulses and so on.

    All that said, the character that worries me the most is Kal-El. Ever since they removed his LOSH connection in favor of Jon, my feeling that they're only taking things from the character to make Jon feel more important continues to grow.
    Hopefully the other legacies will be better handled and more unique.
    The recent solicits are positing Jace as this major deal in Gotham but I'm just not sure what they're going to do with him with Bruce around because two Batman's in Gotham feel redundant, especially when Jace would probably be more effective if Bruce was gone.

    Green Lantern has basically become Hal N' Pals without Hal. I guess it would be John N' Pals?

    Jackson just got to be in a run mentored by Arthur so it feels like they're really jumping too quickly into making him Aquaman. I know it was popular in the cartoon but through all the time-skips he was much older and more experienced when it happened than he is in the comics to where he's only had maybe one or two years of hero experience. And where does that leave Arthur?

    I don't think Clark being in space will stick for the foreseeable future but I'm not sure what they're going to do with Jon.

  12. #1992
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,400

    Default

    Man those solicits.

    5duxnx.jpg
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

  13. #1993
    Traveler of omniverses Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    3,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The Legion of Superheroes from Future State haven’t been shown as yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    And I hope it stays like that...

    I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. I know there are fans for that story, and Bendis is a talented writer, but just honestly want classic Legion back.
    Honestly, Bendis is talented in urban stories and solitary characters, but sci-fi and big choral casts are not his cup of tea.
    "But was it worth it to try and appeal to new, younger readers if it meant alienating a large portion of the existing long-term fan base?"
    Arius_de_Galdri (reddit poster)

  14. #1994
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The recent solicits are positing Jace as this major deal in Gotham but I'm just not sure what they're going to do with him with Bruce around because two Batman's in Gotham feel redundant, especially when Jace would probably be more effective if Bruce was gone.

    Green Lantern has basically become Hal N' Pals without Hal. I guess it would be John N' Pals?

    Jackson just got to be in a run mentored by Arthur so it feels like they're really jumping too quickly into making him Aquaman. I know it was popular in the cartoon but through all the time-skips he was much older and more experienced when it happened than he is in the comics to where he's only had maybe one or two years of hero experience. And where does that leave Arthur?

    I don't think Clark being in space will stick for the foreseeable future but I'm not sure what they're going to do with Jon.
    I've always been a vocal supporter of multiple characters sharing a legacy title (like multiple Flashes and multiple Spider-Men), but I see where your point of view on this.

    It made more sense for Jace to be a Batman that saves Gotham in Future State, as they took place in an undisclosed future where Bruce had to go into hiding. However, you're right, it does feel redundant for Jace to be Gotham's savior when Bruce will still be around. I'm even having a hard time accepting him to be Batman in present-day DC, as he doesn't seem to have a point to be Batman yet. If it was in the future like in FS, then I could believe it, but right now I need more persuasion.

    The Green Lanterns really do need a second ongoing, not just a few minis and whatnot. It just doesn't make sense to me. I type that, but I think the issue is that the Green Lantern brand hasn't sold that well in the recent past.

    I'm willing to accept Jackson as the new Aquaman because I project his appearances from other media onto his comic book portrayal. Yeah, if I just take his appearances in the comics, it would feel weird for him to suddenly be Aquaman. But if I view him with his history in the Young Justice show and in past DC continuity, then I accept him as being the new Aquaman. I know it still doesn't make it make more sense in a continuity sense, yet I say screw continuity! I rather justify it more meta-textually and emotionally rather than logically. For what they can do with two Aquamans I could see DC doing something similar to what Cates just did with Venom in Marvel. In the most recent comics, Eddie Brock became the new symbiote god and left the venom symbiote with his Son Dylan. He then said they were both Venoms - Eddie will act as the ruler of the symbiote while Dylan becomes the hero on the streets. Something similar can be done with Aquaman, with Arthur being the ruler and face of Atlantis, while Jackson is the street hero.

    As for Superman, I don't really have a strong theory on what is going on because I have a strong distaste for grown-up John.

  15. #1995
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    145

    Default

    5G was supposed to have longer fleshed out timeline, and older heroes. They only bothered to keep the replacements elements for IF.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •