Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm “nonchalant” in that I've come to terms with the fact that nothing I say or do is going to change it; so it's not worth getting worked up over it.

That, and I also know that it will fail. Mind you, I'm not rooting for it to fail; if I could muster enough energy to care about it at all, I'd be hoping that they somehow manage to make it work. But I've seen this before (and done better), in the wake of the Crisis on Infinite Earths when we got Wally West, Tim Drake, the Reign of the Supermen, Azrael, Artemis, Kyle Rayner, Jack Knight, Connor Hawke, Linda Danvers, and Cassandra Caine. Other than the substitute Supermen, Azrael, and Artemis, who were conceived from the beginning as temps, that lasted fifteen years before they started reversing things in the early 2000s (starting with the return of Oliver Queen). Final Crisis completed the reversion with the return of Barry Allen, but ironically kicked off a mini-wave of replacements in its wake; ironically, Tim Drake lost his role as Robin by being replaced by yet another Robin, as Dick Grayson took over the role of Batman and Stephanie Brown became Batgirl. By the time Flashpoint struck, the Titans generation had pretty much become the Justice League. But this, too, got undone by the aforementioned Flashpoint.

5G will also end up reverting, assuming that superhero comics don't crash first. Popular 5G characters will end up getting new codenames, or will go back to their pre-5G codenames if they're pre-existing characters who get repurposed. I'm not saying that that's a good thing or a bad thing; just that it is what it is.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 12-06-2019 at 07:55 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.