Page 35 of 135 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I really hope that they’re just going to create an MC2 version of the DC Universe because it’s going to be so contrived the way that everyone leaves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Worked for Eric Masterson.
    No, equally dumb for the previously stated reasons. There's a reason he's in limbo.

Thunderstrike was a cool name though.

I dislike it completely, but maybe I could get some enjoyment out of this thread anyway.

Superman: Doctor Occult
    Wonder Woman: Power Girl
    Batman: Mister America
    Aquaman: Hornblower
    Green Lantern: Green Lantern (with the Corps being a thing changing this one is unnecessary)
    Flash: Mr. Terrific
    Firehawk: Red Arrow

Superman: John Henry Irons
    Batman: Michael Washington Lane
    Wonder Woman: Grail (who said the name has to go to a hero?)
    Green Lantern: Arkillo if it has to be a different character, but TBH I'd just give the book to Jessica Cruz
    Flash: Avery Ho
    Aquaman: Vulko
    Firestorm: Mick Rory teamed with a comics version of Jax Jefferson
    Green Arrow: Emiko Queen
    Black Canary: Mia Dearden
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

taking another crack at it

Superman: Earth-0 Val Zod
    Batman: David Zavimbe
    Wonder Woman: Mari McCabe
    Green Lantern: the team of Green Lantern Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz as a Blue Lantern
    Aquaman: Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm
    The Flash: August Heart as Godspeed fills the Flash's role
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-18-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Superman: Bizarro (clone)
    Batman: Jason Todd
    Wonder Woman: Artemis
    Flash: Avery Ho
    Green Lantern: Jessica Cruz
    Aquaman: Jackson Hyde
    Martian Manhunter: M'gann (other than J'onn's evil brother, are there even any other Martians?)
    Green Arrow: Roy Harper
    Black Canary: Mia Dearden

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I’m going to begin using the ones that seem likely based on present rumors, and then fill in the blanks

• Superman: The Metropolis Kid
    • Wonder Woman: Atlantiades
    • Batman: Wingman
    • Aquaman: Tempest
    • Green Lantern: Star Sapphire
    • Flash: Speed Thief
    So that would be this

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Been there. New 52 was a jumping off point for me, and I didn't come back until Multiversity, Convergence, and Rebirth. I'd recommend that even if you do leave, you should still keep tabs on what in general is going on so that when the 5G thing collapses and they revert to the classic heroes, you'll know.

I say this as someone who was all in favor of the last two times DC attempted to move on to a new generation of heroes (first during the 90s, as they were replacing heroes with a younger generation one by one; and then just before the New 52, when the JLA lineup consisted entirely of former Titans, Infinitors, and their contemporaries). In both of those cases, there actually was significant (though by no means universal) fan support for moving on to a new generation of heroes; and despite that, the efforts for reversed. I see no reason why this time will be any different.
    Same here, I pretty much dropped DC during New 52, though I did give it a good shot and then I came back full bore when Rebirth was announced and I've been going strong ever since. And I absolutely will keep tabs on how things are going. I'll never leave comics completely.

Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    If this does happen, it'll be a good jumping off point for me. 35 years was a good run for me.
    After the initial shock of reading all of this a few days ago.... that’s what I’m going to do too. I’m mainly a classic reader but still like following today’s comics of Bruce Wayne Batman and Clark Kent Superman. Those are my heroes not some replacements. Same goes with Barry and Hal.
    I’ll likely continue reading up to the event actually happens, then make that be my be all end all stopping point for buying anything DC current.
    In my head reading canon, DC stories ended.
    More money for classic stories too.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 10-18-2019 at 10:39 PM.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

The absolute lunacy of editorial is bringing along DC's downfall quite swimmingly. It's difficult to really even think of a place to start with all this. You'd think that after seeing the absolute failure of Marvel's "All New All Different", DC would know not to go down this route. Perhaps they're hoping outrage will attract temporary readers, spiking sales? And after the sales quickly plummet, what happens afterwards? Are they simply expecting the alienated longtime readers to just return as per the status quo? Marvel has even gone to show that good stories starring the original characters sell very well. Just look at Immortal Hulk, Absolute Carnage, and House of X (I'm not a fan of House of X though). I'm having trouble figuring out what monetary gain they're expecting to find.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 10-19-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    The absolute lunacy of editorial is bringing along DC's downfall quite swimmingly. It's difficult to really even think of a place to start with all this. You'd think that after seeing the absolute failure of Marvel's "All New All Different", DC would know not to go down this route. Perhaps they're hoping outrage will attract temporary readers, spiking sales? And after the sales quickly plummet, what happens afterwards? Marvel has even gone to show that good stories starring the original characters sell very well. Just look at Immortal Hulk, Absolute Carnage, and House of X (I'm not a fan of House of X though). I'm having trouble figuring out what monetary gain they're expecting to find.
    Are they simply expecting the alienated, longtime readers to just return as per the status quo?
    YES. Because they know their fans. They KNOW who they can do this mess too and get away with it.

Marvel is guilty of trying to give folks SHOTS. For all that crying about replacing folks and SJW trolling-Bruce Banner was the only one was really gone for an extended time.
    The legacy folks-Ms Marvel, Jane, Miles, Nadia, Amadeus, Ghostrider, Nighthawk (sort of), Fury, DOOM (not Riri), Punisher, Sam Alexander, Kate Bishop, Carol Danvers, Falcon as Cap America (AGAIN) & X-23 as Wolverine. What are we talking 15 (maybe 20 folks/titles).

Non legacy-Scarlet Witch, Cage, Vision, Ironfist, Prowler, Solo, Foolkiller, Squirrel Girl, Rocket Raccoon, Dax, Mosaic, Moon Girl, Jean Grey, Iceman, Groot, Gamora, Kanack, Silkk, Deadpool, Peter, Steve, Tony, Odison, Punisher, Moon Knight, America, Starbrand, Falcon, Loki, Dora Mojaie, Shuri, Black Panther, Thing/Johnny (Marvel 2 in 1), Dr Strange, Venom, Carnage, Inhumans, Mockingbird, Black Knight, Redwolf, Angel, Agents of Shield, X-Men, Hercules, Howard the Duck, Howling Soldiers, Hellcat, Avengers, Silver Surfer, Star Lord, GOTG, Thunderbolts and about 10 more.
    Many of these guys held solos or minis in the past. Yet all the cries we heard was attacking POC & female lead books. For EXISTING.

Now come to DC-where you DON'T see that. Every book here has a discussion about STORY CONTENT. Even Cyborg's failed books. There is a discussion about story content.

Even if there are folks not reading a book-guess what they still show RESPECT and wish it LUCK. Some even jump on board when recommendations show up for some books.
    See Naomi, Outsiders, Wonder Twins & Dial H.

Dc is BANKING on any backlash will be flooded out by those who READ the books.
    For as SILLY Luke Fox as Batman sounds-someone is going to READ it and LIKE it. Dc will get PRAISE for putting a black man in that outfit. Who will FORGET about Black Lightning, Duke, Cyborg, Wallace & Vixen.

As for angry older readers-why should Dc care when they keep coming back? See Marvel. For all that crying all those books saw trades. That take up space along with Immortal Hulk and the others.

The downside to doing this is-you are NOT selling Luke Fox as Luke Fox. That is still Batman's name. What happens after Luke is done as Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Not gonna lie, another All New All Different: DC Edition doesn't sound appealing to me.
    I agree. It seems like they want to do it to see how it would go for them over Marvel, but I think it will end exactly the same way. They should plan for this to be temporary and then maybe it could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    YES. Because they know their fans. They KNOW who they can do this mess too and get away with it.

Marvel is guilty of trying to give folks SHOTS. For all that crying about replacing folks and SJW trolling-Bruce Banner was the only one was really gone for an extended time.
    The legacy folks-Ms Marvel, Jane, Miles, Nadia, Amadeus, Ghostrider, Nighthawk (sort of), Fury, DOOM (not Riri), Punisher, Sam Alexander, Kate Bishop, Carol Danvers, Falcon as Cap America (AGAIN) & X-23 as Wolverine. What are we talking 15 (maybe 20 folks/titles).

Non legacy-Scarlet Witch, Cage, Vision, Ironfist, Prowler, Solo, Foolkiller, Squirrel Girl, Rocket Raccoon, Dax, Mosaic, Moon Girl, Jean Grey, Iceman, Groot, Gamora, Kanack, Silkk, Deadpool, Peter, Steve, Tony, Odison, Punisher, Moon Knight, America, Starbrand, Falcon, Loki, Dora Mojaie, Shuri, Black Panther, Thing/Johnny (Marvel 2 in 1), Dr Strange, Venom, Carnage, Inhumans, Mockingbird, Black Knight, Redwolf, Angel, Agents of Shield, X-Men, Hercules, Howard the Duck, Howling Soldiers, Hellcat, Avengers, Silver Surfer, Star Lord, GOTG, Thunderbolts and about 10 more.
    America and Moon Girl are legacy characters. Moon Girl replaced an old character called Moon Boy, who was Devil Dinosaur's original partner, while America's full codename is Miss America, which belonged to a golden age heroine.

It's Howling Commandos, not Howling Soldiers - and that's a legacy team too, as the originals were a team of World War II soldiers, while the new one was a team of monsters.

Punisher is NOT a legacy character. That's always been Frank Castle.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-20-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Punisher is NOT a legacy character. That's always been Frank Castle.
    Not always....
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Many of these guys held solos or minis in the past. Yet all the cries we heard was attacking POC & female lead books. For EXISTING.

Now come to DC-where you DON'T see that. Every book here has a discussion about STORY CONTENT. Even Cyborg's failed books. There is a discussion about story content.

Even if there are folks not reading a book-guess what they still show RESPECT and wish it LUCK. Some even jump on board when recommendations show up for some books.
    See Naomi, Outsiders, Wonder Twins & Dial H.

Dc is BANKING on any backlash will be flooded out by those who READ the books.
    For as SILLY Luke Fox as Batman sounds-someone is going to READ it and LIKE it. Dc will get PRAISE for putting a black man in that outfit. Who will FORGET about Black Lightning, Duke, Cyborg, Wallace & Vixen.

As for angry older readers-why should Dc care when they keep coming back? See Marvel. For all that crying all those books saw trades. That take up space along with Immortal Hulk and the others.

The downside to doing this is-you are NOT selling Luke Fox as Luke Fox. That is still Batman's name. What happens after Luke is done as Batman?
    I have to agree with this. If your angry or whining about ANAD then your a fucking idiot. It had some teething problems sure, but it also had alot of great stories or ideas and expanded the universe.