Default Anybody else remember "Marty Moran, Headline Hunter"? Appreciation 2021

I first read about him in Detective Comics #445 (February-March 1975), back when DC was reprinting a lot of their older material.

To be continued . . .

Now, this story was a reprint that originally appeared back in 1950, but back then it didn't feature "Marty Moran".

Big Town was actually a radio program in the U.S. that began airing back in the late 1930s, and before it ended it's run on radio in 1952, it was also a television program that ran for several years. The DC comic book based on the radio & TV show lasted for 50 issues.
    Why the reprinted story made so many changes from how it originally ran, I don't know. I can only guess that even though the TV show hadn't aired new episodes in well over a decade at that time, there were still issues with the licensing agreement regarding the names involved (but probably not with the story itself nor the artwork).

By the way, here's how those first three pages originally appeared:

No, not at all.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yes, because I was a big fan of those great 1970's Golden Age reprints!