Page 1 of 135 123451151101 ... LastLast

Lightbulb DC 5G: the Replacements

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...dc-comics-5gt/

The new rumor is that all major DC heroes will be getting new legacy iterations. This isn’t a thread to discuss whether or not you like this. This is a thread to fan craft just who you would chose to ascend to the titles next.

• Superman:
    • Wonder Woman:
    • Batman:
    • Aquaman:
    • Green Lantern:
    • Flash:

Just throwing a sample list for Justice Leaguers there, but feel free to try out any identity!

The rumor is that they’ll be unconventional choices, so be creative!

I’m going to begin using the ones that seem likely based on present rumors, and then fill in the blanks

• Superman: Jon Kent
    • Wonder Woman: Atlantiades
    • Batman: Luke Fox
    • Aquaman: Jackson Hyde / Kaldur’ahm
    • Green Lantern: Carol Ferris
    • Flash: Avery Ho

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Not gonna lie, another All New All Different: DC Edition doesn't sound appealing to me.

Superman- Goku
    Batman- Piccolo
    Wonder Woman- Eighteen
    Flash- Goku
    Green Lantern- Future Trunks
    Aquaman- Gohan
    Plastic Man- Krillin

Are we allowed to go Elseworlds on it or does it have to build off our current continuity? I'm going to treat more full Elseworld, because that's the only way for it to be interesting to me, even for a one-off. Also, characters of very different ages can be similarly-aged in an Elseworld.

Superman - Well, we've seen Kon do future-Superman before. Same for Jon, though markedly less so. I'd like to go with some version of Chris Kent, abused child adopted by Lois and Clark. Make him late teens or early 20s (going for a youthful group here to make them more different).

Wonder Woman - I wasn't really sure if we should keep her Amazon or not. She'd be very different if not, but different is kind good here. Maybe daughter of Barda and Scott. They don't have one, but it's an Elseworld.

Batman - I'm so tempted to say Cass Cain, but an audience will not, I think, take to a female Batman. Dick, Tim, and Damian have been done to death in various ways. Maybe a late-20s Jason, whose healed and come back into the fold only to have Bruce die and him questioning if he would have if killing had been on the table.

Aquaman - Don't know his characters as well. If keeping the Atlantis connection, I want an actual born-and-raised Atlantean, preferably non-ruler. This can be an alternate background for an existing character, or an OC.

Green Lantern - Milagro Reyes, mostly because her fans would like it. Mid 20s.

Flash - Jesse Quick, in her late 20s. Doesn't have the same strong ties to her predecessor as some of the others.

You know... If they are going to replace Bruce for Luke, who's going to be his Robin? Because I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Damian. Which brings to the table that Luke and Jon Kent don't have any history, at all, which makes the partnership between Batman and Superman useless.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-07-2019 at 01:45 PM.

He probably won't have one. Damian will probably keep the Robin role.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He probably won't have one. Damian will probably keep the Robin role.
    I don't see it. I definitely don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    You know... If they are going to replace Bruce for Luke, who's going to be his Robin? Because I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Damian. Which brings to the table that Luke and Jon Kent don't have any history, at all, which makes the partnership between Batman and Superman useless.
    Well, I mean, Bruce and Clark didn't have any history at all, either, until they built it. All relationships have to start somewhere. Not that that this Batman and Superman have to be particular friends. I get kinda tired of the same two costumes being friends each generation, no matter who is in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Well, I mean, Bruce and Clark didn't have any history at all, either, until they built it. All relationships have to start somewhere. Not that that this Batman and Superman have to be particular friends. I get kinda tired of the same two costumes being friends each generation, no matter who is in them.
    It's not the same case. At this point, they depend on this particular partnership to sell, and there is even the point against it that Damian does have a relationship with Jon*. Luke is so isolated of everyone else that's just... It's not going to work sales wise if they want that Batman to interact with other heroes outside the Bats.

The most similar circumstances I can recall like this one is Kyle being the GL. That was rocky, and the Lanterns were already more, I don't know, open to be on more than one "hand" at that point.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-07-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Jon may be 11 going on 17 going on 18 but luke is 24+ former marine and engineer student, so i guess it will be like the interaction Batgirl has with supergirl

Its not that I dont want Jon to make new friends but geez did damian even get to introduce him to nightwing

I refuse to give BC clicks because they are just the worst. But if this becomes true, DC is about to save me a metric ton of cash on new books! If "everything counts" now moving forward, judging off the timeline presentation, I have a good 50 years worth of DC back issues I've never read that I can catch up on.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Not gonna lie, another All New All Different: DC Edition doesn't sound appealing to me.
    Well, like I said, the topic here isn't meant to be "how do you feel about this?", but "how would you do this?"

Are we allowed to go Elseworlds on it or does it have to build off our current continuity? I'm going to treat more full Elseworld, because that's the only way for it to be interesting to me, even for a one-off. Also, characters of very different ages can be similarly-aged in an Elseworld.
    I was thinking more of a current continuity take, to give it some grounding in speculation and relevance. But no real worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I refuse to give BC clicks because they are just the worst. But if this becomes true, DC is about to save me a metric ton of cash on new books! If "everything counts" now moving forward, judging off the timeline presentation, I have a good 50 years worth of DC back issues I've never read that I can catch up on.
    BleedingCool has a very solid track record in terms of rumor accuracy.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Batman - I'm so tempted to say Cass Cain, but an audience will not, I think, take to a female Batman. Dick, Tim, and Damian have been done to death in various ways. Maybe a late-20s Jason, whose healed and come back into the fold only to have Bruce die and him questioning if he would have if killing had been on the table.
    Cass as The Black Bat and the main character in the Batman universe would be amazing!

But, alas, it is wishful thinking according to reports on BleedingCool who is stating that it will be Lucious Fox.

I do think that Damian as Batman 666 would be pretty amazing, but that would require a time jump.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Go as crazy as possible I say.

Anything to to be rid of the current silver/bronze age stench.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!