Page 118 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    They couldn't sell a 256 page comic for $10 and make a profit, even if it was all reprint.
    Sure about that? The Giants are 100 pages for $5. That means 200 pages is $10? It's doable.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hey Harley Quinn hit 75 issues! What was the last Marvel series to do that?
    Star Wars.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Vol_2
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sure about that? The Giants are 100 pages for $5. That means 200 pages is $10? It's doable.
    I said 256 pages, which was the low end of the 256 - 300 page comic skyvolt2000 proposed.

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Its been a perfectly stable and constant business for 20 years now.
    But they haven't been stable or consistent. I think you and I discussed this in another thread a while back. The direct market has been in a downward slide for twenty years, not holding steady. We see bumps and short-term spikes, but not actual growth and it's not treading water.

The rise of trade sales and the digital stuff and the Wal-Mart books and the bookstore OGN's and all of that likely add up to an increase in overall revenue compared to what we had a few years ago but that doesn't help the direct market or the LCS.

I mean, come on man, even Didio has talked about the direct market slowly imploding.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/rumo...ng-initiative/

Rich is reporting that 5G is dead.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Does he indicate why it's dead?

BANNED

That's cool, if true. It didn't sound appealing to me.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    That's cool, if true. It didn't sound appealing to me.
    Same. They should launch something like it, but put it in an alternate earth. Get some big name creators, and launch it like Marvel did the Ultimate line.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I mean I would still be interested in reading whatever Digital exclusives they got, for me its how interested I am in reading the story or if I think the creator is a good writer or not. I mean I would read Chip Zdarksky DC comic.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Robert Venditti was going to be invovled in 5G? Feel bad all of those writers won't get to see any of their work published.

But the actual news in that article about a potential online intiative is interesting, I guess that means the walmart digital titles are selling well or could this have been planned before that.

Hope that’s true. Did not like the idea of it being in main continuity. Obviously a lot of people at DC didn’t either which cost Didio his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Same. They should launch something like it, but put it in an alternate earth. Get some big name creators, and launch it like Marvel did the Ultimate line.
    If the other rumor is true, they may be doing something like that. Warren Ellis and Matt Fraction working on new versions of Superman and Batman. I would love to see Warren Ellis given full control of a DC earth.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It also says that there is some other digital plan in the works. A new line. Can't say I'm surprised. This was a Didio plan all along and once he was out, they were going to reorder their continuity to undo the stuff he wanted.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It also says that there is some other digital plan in the works. A new line. Can't say I'm surprised. This was a Didio plan all along and once he was out, they were going to reorder their continuity to undo the stuff he wanted.
    Now that it's clear they are looking beyond the direct market, this seems like the perfect time for a digital first intiative for in continuity comics. If they are succesfull, it could lead to a healthier industry overall and could get new readers into actual comic shops.

It's fitting that they were the ones who broke the news on 5G and are now the ones to report it ending.

Incredible Member

Tom King never should have been thrown off Batman! What a waste. He said it was in part because they needed to build up to 5G with tie-in stories and whoever they used was going to be filler to get to 100- now we're stuck with Tynion for a good long while probably (who is super, super generic and has never done anything memorable and is continuing to not do anything memorable in Batman).