Page 39 of 135 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think Jessica might be disqualified by virtue of having already lead a Green Lantern book. (Sure, it was Green Lanterns, but still)
    That book lasted 50 issues.

At times it outsold Hal Jordan's book be it trades or floppies.

She more than proved she could lead a book.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

I meant disqualified in the sense that 5G seems to be about giving books to unproven leads.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

That was also a co-lead book with Simon Baz.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was also a co-lead book with Simon Baz.
    Sure, but I always got the impression that people mostly read it for Jessica. Baz is an interesting character, sure, but he hasn't seemed to have gained the same status as Jess. He's also in limbo right now so that says something.

Where is Boomerang currently anyways? When last has he interested with Barry?

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Sure, but I always got the impression that people mostly read it for Jessica. Baz is an interesting character, sure, but he hasn't seemed to have gained the same status as Jess. He's also in limbo right now so that says something.
    I definitely think Jessica came out more as a highlight of the book, although Humphries wrote them both fairly equally in my opinion.

Jessica's status as the first prominent female human Lantern and relatable anxiety issues probably helped her stand out more.
    Where is Boomerang currently anyways? When last has he interested with Barry?
    If we're talking Boomerang 2, I don't think he's been seen since before the New 52.

I don't think he ever interacted with Barry, he was dead by the time he came back, and that was part of Harkness' character arc in Johns' second run.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I guess we'll see what Jo is all about tomorrow.
    Is Jo appearing in an issue coming out tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    First issue of Far Sector comes out, I think.

First issue of Far Sector comes out, I think.
    Gotcha. #1 is scheduled for 11/13.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I haven't read through this thread so maybe this issue has already been raised but my question is what's going to happen to Clark, Bruce, Diana, Barry, Hal, and Arthur.

If it were one of them being replaced I'd think, "Okay, someone's retiring" or something like that.

But, being it's 6/7 founding JL members, I think a big part of this story must be what's going on with the originals.

It seems to me like they must all be off somewhere, possibly on a mission, possibly presumed dead. But all six can't just be ceding their identities to new characters.

I think the question of the original 6 is going to be at least as significant as the replacements.
    Superman focuses on his president of Earth duties

Batman will still be a mentor apparently and will also raise his daughter with selina

I bet Aquaman focuses on being king and raising his kid with Mera. Though with the timeskip, it's possible the kid is now a teen or adult so who knows.

Flash probably gets stuck in time or something.

Will DC even care to give Cyborg and Martian Manhunter replacements?

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    My bad, I somehow got my dates mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Superman focuses on his president of Earth duties

Batman will still be a mentor apparently and will also raise his daughter with selina

I bet Aquaman focuses on being king and raising his kid with Mera. Though with the timeskip, it's possible the kid is now a teen or adult so who knows.

Flash probably gets stuck in time or something.

Will DC even care to give Cyborg and Martian Manhunter replacements?
    Cyborg is not really a person I can see HAVING a replacement. It's less of a superhero name, honestly. Also, with the new timeline he's not a founder anymore, I don't believe.

Manhunter... Probably not? They're doing interesting stuff with him in JL but what's the point of replacing someone that doesn't even have an ongoing. He's not exactly his own franchise. More likely than cyborg though. If only a little.

Also, I could see Flash going to the future cause of Bart or something.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I just heard that Boomerang 2 is going to be the Flash and this whole 5G thing gives me a similar feeling of WTF when I saw Scott Snyder's No Justice where he throws random characters in different teams because it looks fun. Except unlike No Justice where pairing Beast Boy with Lobo does sound like it could be fun because of the possible funny interaction, this one is just WTF.

I definitely think Jessica came out more as a highlight of the book, although Humphries wrote them both fairly equally in my opinion.

Jessica's status as the first prominent female human Lantern and relatable anxiety issues probably helped her stand out more.

If we're talking Boomerang 2, I don't think he's been seen since before the New 52.

I don't think he ever interacted with Barry, he was dead by the time he came back, and that was part of Harkness' character arc in Johns' second run.
    Wait I just remembered...wasn’t there a recent-ish Suicide Squad issue that focused on Captain Boomerang where he met an existing adult Owen, so doesn’t he currently exist?

Edit: Issue 47 of Suicide Squad where Captain Boomerang ends up working with Australian secret service, Owen makes a return but nothing like he was pre-Blackest Night.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-22-2019 at 07:59 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

J'onn and Cyborg are probably the least prominent of the Big Seven so I don't think there's a point in replacing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait I just remembered...wasn’t there a recent-ish Suicide Squad issue that focused on Captain Boomerang where he met an existing adult Owen, so doesn’t he currently exist?

Edit: Issue 47 of Suicide Squad where Captain Boomerang ends up working with Australian secret service, Owen makes a return but nothing like he was pre-Blackest Night.
    I stand corrected, although him becoming The Flash is still super random.

J'onn and Cyborg are probably the least prominent of the Big Seven so I don't think there's a point in replacing them.

I stand corrected, although him becoming The Flash is still super random.
    Completely agree I just remembered that he is indeed existing. But yeah so far it is the most far out there idea that confuses me, like at least the other characters could have good reasons for taking the mantle but Owen Mercer seems an odd choice. However who knows maybe someone will have a good story to tell with him, I’ll wait to hear who the creative team is.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

When did they say Batman was having a daughter with Catwoman??
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.