Page 108 of 135 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2012

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...on-five-pause/

Sounds like Coronavirus is messing with 5G.
    And 5G was already being messed with as is...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bleeing Cool is reporting John Ridley's 5G Batman series isn't happening anymore https://bleedingcool.com/comics/john...an-5g-no-more/

Not surprised looks like covid 19 is forcing DC to scrap plans and go in a different direction

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bleeing Cool is reporting John Ridley's 5G Batman series isn't happening anymore https://bleedingcool.com/comics/john...an-5g-no-more/
    if that's the case then there is officially nothing I'm looking forward to from anymore. it's fine though, I'm more engaged with the movements over at Marvel with the X-Men anyway. this unfortunately lessens my interest in the what Tynion is doing with Batman too, but I'm gonna keep an eye on it for Lucius tho. sad news forreal.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    if that's the case then there is officially nothing I'm looking forward to from anymore. it's fine though, I'm more engaged with the movements over at Marvel with the X-Men anyway. this unfortunately lessens my interest in the what Tynion is doing with Batman too, but I'm gonna keep an eye on it for Lucius tho. sad news forreal.
    Honestly, I had the oppsoite reaction. I'm really enjoying Tynion on Batman and wasn't looking orward to him leaving the book. I was somewhat curious about how a luke fox batman book would look like, but I wasn't anticipating it too much.

I expect 5G WW, Aquaman, GL, and Flash to also no longer happen. Bendis might still have Jon Kent take over for Clark as Superman, but that I expect will be framed as temporary from the start, like Dick Grayson becoming Batman was. Permanently replacing the mainline is not happening anymore.

Honestly, I had the oppsoite reaction. I'm really enjoying Tynion on Batman and wasn't looking orward to him leaving the book. I was somewhat curious about how a luke fox batman book would look like, but I wasn't anticipating it too much.
    I was interesting in Tynion's run because I was excited to see how it was leading into his plans for Luke as Batman, without that look I'm pretty much only reading for Lucius' gadgets. Tynion is a really good Batman writer but at this point in my life Batman/Bruce Wayne is one of the three batmembers I'm least invested in reading about and I was excited at the prospect of seeing a Batman endgame where he gets to bow out gracefully. I'm tired of perpetuate 2nd act storytelling, i was happy to see the character allowed to be put to rest for a while.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Not surprised looks like covid 19 is forcing DC to scrap plans and go in a different direction
    It isn't due to Coronavirus. They were starting to change plans as soon as Didio exited.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Its more Didio's firing than the virus. Before Didio's firing the plans were already laid out (plan is a relative term when it comes to DC of course); all the virus would have done is significantly delayed things. Reworking the entire future of the line for this year forward is due to key changes in the creative frame of mind, and that's directly related to Didio's departure.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

If true, poor Ridley. Dude cannot get a project off the ground it seems.

So the question remains whether 5G is still happening and DC is just changing some things around, or if it's being tossed altogether.

Isn't it time we got an official update from the company? There's a lot of unknowns right now, not just creatively but with the industry as a whole and what their next steps are as the country inches towards re-opening. It'd be nice to know what DC intends on doing.

Had to laugh at BC throwing shade at the critics. Yup, that's how a reputable news source should behave.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If true, poor Ridley. Dude cannot get a project off the ground it seems.

So the question remains whether 5G is still happening and DC is just changing some things around, or if it's being tossed altogether.

Isn't it time we got an official update from the company? There's a lot of unknowns right now, not just creatively but with the industry as a whole and what their next steps are as the country inches towards re-opening. It'd be nice to know what DC intends on doing.

Had to laugh at BC throwing shade at the critics. Yup, that's how a reputable news source should behave.
    Well, I don't think DC can take the backlash announcing that nope, 5G won't happen, at least not yet. I'm really just reading comics waiting for it, so if it's scrapped, I'll just stop reading comics altogether. Iconic DC is clealry not for me anyway, so it'll save me a lot of money.

Thank Grodd! It was an interesting idea for an Elseworld but not for main continuity. Bendis’ obsession with Jon becoming the new Superman may still happen in some way.

Yeah it really feels that events outside of the main writers control have changed what they intended to happen, to be honest not much I can do about it. However I have no intention of just stopping what I read, if something comes out that I’m interested in or a series that I enjoy will continue all I can do is read it.

Personally I hope to see stuff like Blue Beetle, JSA, Supergirl, and etc. once Death Metal is done. Besides I got DCeased Dead Planet coming up if I want to see Jon Superman, Damian Batman, Wallace Flash, and Cassie Wonder Woman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Thank Grodd! It was an interesting idea for an Elseworld but not for main continuity. Bendis’ obsession with Jon becoming the new Superman may still happen in some way.
    That's just maddening in its own right though. Replacing Superman was the single worst idea that was had with the 5G initiative. The wholesale replacement was ridiculous in its own right but it was especially awful for Superman, whom narratively ages at an inconsequential rate. More importantly in its practical application, sales fall hard when he's not in his books, we've seen it before. To see the whole thing fall is great, but if that one thing still goes through, I'll tear my hair out.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-11-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Snyder talks about changes to DC schedule after Dido left.

https://www.newsarama.com/50151-dc-s...ath-metal.html

"...what changed when the landscape for DC changed on the other side of it, and when editorial changed with Dan exiting, was just that we no longer had to be constrained by any timeframe of what was going to happen on the other side at all, so we got to expand."

Sounds like the constraints 5G placed on the creative teams were lifted.