Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
Totally wrong on there being no rage with Gordon as Batman. It was pretty hated. This is just one example, I'm not painting with a wide brush here, but with Batman the rage is coming not because Luke Fox is black, its because he's not Bruce or Dick, the only character fans have accepted as taking over the cowl. Gordon was white and was pretty summarily rejected.
I'm with Sacred on this (as usual). Yeah, there's some assholes out there who take issue with a PoC taking over a white hero's mantle. Racism does exist. But for the vast majority it's not the PoC that's the problem, it's the idea of the hero being replaced at all.

Go to the Superman board and you'll find plenty of people who are pissed off about the idea of Jon Kent being the new Superman. He's white, he's Clark's biological son, and people are still pissed about it. People hated Gordon Batman. People hated Artemis when she took over as Wonder Woman and they hated Kyle when he became GL. They also hated Jaime Reyes replacing Ted, Sam Alexander replacing Richard Rider, and a whole lot of people hated Kamala becoming the new Ms. Marvel because it meant Carol wouldn't be able to go back to the name and would remain Captain.

For some d-bags yeah, it's about race or gender or whatever. And that's BS. But for most, they just don't want their favorite characters replaced and race/gender/etc doesn't factor into it. I mean, I'm not a big fan of Sam Alexander (he's okay but I can take or leave him) but I am a real big fan of Jaime Reyes. Why? Because Jaime replaced a character I didn't care about (and no one did until Ted died, don't lie to yourselves!) but I was/am a real big fan of Richard Rider. Race doesn't factor into it at all.