Page 88 of 135 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2012

Where'd that page come from? The preview at AIPT only shows the covers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Wonderwoman first appeared in 1941, so this instead moves her down few years. Clark's ship crashes in 1938.
    She's apparently taking Clark's place in the actual history as the first hero. Movie synergy, I suppose, though what she really gains with this I'm not sure.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    She's apparently taking Clark's place in the actual history as the first hero. Movie synergy, I suppose, though what she really gains with this I'm not sure.
    Golden Age/Earth 2 Wonder Woman history? Minus her daughter Fury that is (though I'd be down for her reintroduction).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Her rightful place as a JSoA founder I would hope.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Golden Age/Earth 2 Wonder Woman history? Minus her daughter Fury that is (though I'd be down for her reintroduction).
    Actually, now they can Fury back (which I would love)

BANNED

Unification of golden age then silver age and other eras.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Actually, now they can Fury back (which I would love)
    Although how you would work that out with basically Daniel Hall/Dream/The Sandman being technically her grandson is gonna be one hell of an odd thing huh. Though in all honesty yeah I'd be down with Fury coming back into continuity, because if we are gonna go down this path of everything happened and matters then go for it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Although how you would work that out with basically Daniel Hall/Dream/The Sandman being technically her grandson is gonna be one hell of an odd thing huh. Though in all honesty yeah I'd be down with Fury coming back into continuity, because if we are gonna go down this path of everything happened and matters then go for it.
    Stranger things have happened…

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Her rightful place as a JSoA founder I would hope.
    She wasn't a founder. She joined later on, and was little more than a secretary.

That said, I am all for Diana getting her Golden Age and pre-Crisis history back (adjusted so her time with the JSA was a bit more exciting, of course). I'm a fan of the Golden Age; there's a raw energy to those pages you rarely see these days. And Diana lost a lot when Marston left; it'll be good if we can get some of those classic, OG elements and concepts and characters back in play. So yeah, bring it all back, including Fury (that'll be a headache to figure out, but worth it)

I'm speaking specifically of her being the first hero. If anyone should take that from Superman, if anyone is worthy of that, it's Diana. But with this whole "everything counts, it all happened!" approach it seems odd to make this switch. What does she gain from it? It certainly hasn't made a difference for Clark; he's treated largely the same way whether he's the first hero or not. So what does Diana gain by taking that place? Unless they've done it so everything somehow fits their new timeline better, it just seems like an odd choice. Everything counts, except for what is essentially the Big Bang that started it all? Just seems odd.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

She wasn't a founder. She joined later on, and was little more than a secretary.

That said, I am all for Diana getting her Golden Age and pre-Crisis history back (adjusted so her time with the JSA was a bit more exciting, of course). I'm a fan of the Golden Age; there's a raw energy to those pages you rarely see these days. And Diana lost a lot when Marston left; it'll be good if we can get some of those classic, OG elements and concepts and characters back in play. So yeah, bring it all back, including Fury (that'll be a headache to figure out, but worth it)

I'm speaking specifically of her being the first hero. If anyone should take that from Superman, if anyone is worthy of that, it's Diana. But with this whole "everything counts, it all happened!" approach it seems odd to make this switch. What does she gain from it? It certainly hasn't made a difference for Clark; he's treated largely the same way whether he's the first hero or not. So what does Diana gain by taking that place? Unless they've done it so everything somehow fits their new timeline better, it just seems like an odd choice. Everything counts, except for what is essentially the Big Bang that started it all? Just seems odd.
    Superman is still the first hero of the Metaverse/Earth 0. Every time the Metaverse/Earth 0 is altered Superman becomes the first hero of each modern era (he’s the first hero of the current modern era with Batman the second and Barry Allen the third)

BANNED

Being the inspiration for other heroes. Becoming the primary Hero of the universe.

Fans talk about how important it is that Superman be the First Hero, so I'm honestly morbidly curious if Diana getting that honor nets all the brownie points people seem to assume that position gives Superman .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fans talk about how important it is that Superman be the First Hero, so I'm honestly morbidly curious if Diana getting that honor nets all the brownie points people seem to assume that position gives Superman .
    It is important and it would be a draw. Superman has bigger problems than just draw.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Well, like I said, the topic here isn't meant to be "how do you feel about this?", but "how would you do this?”
    I would do it as an Elseworlds or multiple Elseworlds. If it has to be set in the main continuity, then I would have so that they assume these mantles but only temporarily until they find their true self. The way Grayson had a tenure as Robin before becoming Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It is important and it would be a draw. Superman has bigger problems than just draw.
    Maybe. I'm just not expecting it to have much of an impact on Wonder Woman.